MT test of Ferrari Scuderia, 0-60 in 3.1 1/4 mile in 11.2 at 126.7

Started by 565, June 22, 2008, 07:28:03 AM

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/exotic/112_0808_2008_ferrari_430_scuderia_test/index.html

Thats a very impressive launch.  These modern launch control systems really do an amazing job of using all the traction available.  The 93 feet braking from 60 is amazing as well.

Sigma Projects

RAs, the last of the RWD Celicas

Submariner

Thats some hardcore shit.

I wonder what the "ring" time will be?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

the Teuton

Quote from: Submariner on June 22, 2008, 09:55:26 PM
Thats some hardcore shit.

I wonder what the "ring" time will be?

Maybe better than the GT-R's, maybe not.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT666

Quote from: the Teuton on June 22, 2008, 10:37:27 PM
That's a bold statement.  Ar eyou prepared to back it up? :ohyeah:

nickdrinkwater

I'm sure Evo tested this a while ago, and I can't remember it being THAT quick.  Very impressive time.

Submariner

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Submariner on June 23, 2008, 07:28:41 AM
Something tells me it's going to be a lot faster.
I doubt it. And that will lead to the bankruptcy of Ferrari, as all exotic enthusiasts will flock to the faster GT-R

sportyaccordy

By the way, I love this car, if you could even call it that

To use the same word to describe this as say, a Ford Taurus, just seems RIDICULOUS to me

It's the intersection of pure passion, beauty and an uncompromising pursuit of absolute performance

Ahhhhhhhhh

Shame the 360 CS looks better. If I were to come into a ridiculous amount of money, I think I would get that over this, just for the looks.

Tave

I prefer the 430. Most of the cues are the same, and the 430 makes it look like the designers of the 360 didn't have the balls to fully commit to their motif.

Launch control is making the 0-60 stat even more obsolete than it was originally. Let's just get rid of it in favor of 5-60. I can count the number of times I've done a 0-60 run in the last five years on one hand, and all of them involved making a turn at a rural stopsign (turning onto a main road and flooring it). Launch control wouldn't even work for that.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

NomisR

Quote from: the Teuton on June 22, 2008, 10:37:27 PM

How dare you forsaken the name of the great GT-R!!!  YOU HEATHEN!!!

Lebowski

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on June 23, 2008, 02:30:05 AM
I'm sure Evo tested this a while ago, and I can't remember it being THAT quick.  Very impressive time.

Evo doesn't seem to put nearly as much emphasis on acceleration times than the american rags like C&D and MT.  Motor Trend is terrible IMHO, and C&D isn't much better.

Submariner

Quote from: Lebowski on June 23, 2008, 07:36:01 PM
Evo doesn't seem to put nearly as much emphasis on acceleration times than the american rags like C&D and MT.  Motor Trend is terrible IMHO, and C&D isn't much better.

LOL STR8 LINE SPEED FTW!

omicron

It looks like a crumpled-up piece of paper. A rather swift crumple, but a crumple nonetheless.

Raza

Quote from: Tave on June 23, 2008, 01:28:13 PM
I prefer the 430. Most of the cues are the same, and the 430 makes it look like the designers of the 360 didn't have the balls to fully commit to their motif.

Launch control is making the 0-60 stat even more obsolete than it was originally. Let's just get rid of it in favor of 5-60. I can count the number of times I've done a 0-60 run in the last five years on one hand, and all of them involved making a turn at a rural stopsign (turning onto a main road and flooring it). Launch control wouldn't even work for that.

Launch control is another piece of technology that is irrelevant on the street. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Cookie Monster

I'd much rather have the better looking and just as fast 911 GT2.

That IMO is one of the most beautiful Porsches ever made. :wub:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Sigma Projects

Quote from: Raza  on June 26, 2008, 12:56:12 PM
Launch control is another piece of technology that is irrelevant on the street. 

never raced anyone at a light?

Cookie Monster

RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Quote from: Sigma Projects on June 26, 2008, 03:27:42 PM
never raced anyone at a light?

Of course.  But I never stopped long enough to say "could you wait a moment while I activate launch control, turn my suspension to race, press the autopilot button, set my shifts to the fastest setting, and turn on the espresso maker?" before going.

I want a computer.  I want a car.  I don't want a car that is a computer.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Sigma Projects

it doesn't take that long. Besides sometimes you wait at a light for quite some time. And I know others who have kit even on their manual that pegs the engine at a certain RPM to let the person launch at an ideal power band for the tires/suspension they have setup on the car. This is just another step up. Why wouldn't you like more options to the tip of your fingers? You rather get out of car and adjust the pressure? Only reason I don't by adjustable that I can adjust within the car is it's too expensive for me to justify it.

I wonder if everyone complained about LSDs, Automatics, ABS, etc as being too "computer" or "automated" for them when they first came out.

FordSVT

If anything I think it's better for street use, if you want to have a quick go at it anyways. These five and six hundred horsepower cars are insane, and it takes a bit of the drama out of the equation when launching from a dead stop. Helps keep 1/4 mile times and launches consistent, and no doubt it would help prolong tire life as well.

For that kind of money and in this day and age, it should do something special. :)

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Sigma Projects on June 29, 2008, 12:39:00 PM
it doesn't take that long. Besides sometimes you wait at a light for quite some time. And I know others who have kit even on their manual that pegs the engine at a certain RPM to let the person launch at an ideal power band for the tires/suspension they have setup on the car. This is just another step up. Why wouldn't you like more options to the tip of your fingers? You rather get out of car and adjust the pressure? Only reason I don't by adjustable that I can adjust within the car is it's too expensive for me to justify it.

I wonder if everyone complained about LSDs, Automatics, ABS, etc as being too "computer" or "automated" for them when they first came out.
Give me a break...

Automatics = auto lame, but ultimately of some practical value
ABS = a good, smart, cheap safety measure that saves lives
LSD = a simple, but very effective way to put more power to the ground
Launch control???? About as practical as nitrous oxide. If you race on the street enough to justify having LC on your daily driver, you're definitely a danger to everyone on the road... and if you go to the track enough, spending $300 or so on the MSD ignition launch control kit shouldn't be a big deal. IT's a gimmick

Tave

Quote from: FordSVT on June 29, 2008, 04:43:36 PM
Helps keep 1/4 mile times and launches consistent, and no doubt it would help prolong tire life as well.

While raping the clutch.

And who needs to keep their 1/4 mile times consistent on the street?

Lauch control is useful for magazine editors. Anyone else and I don't see the point.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

sportyaccordy

Informal poll... when was the last time anyone here did a full out, tire squealing, clutch dumping standing start launch on a public road?

Seriously.

the Teuton

Quote from: sportyaccordy on June 30, 2008, 01:32:56 PM
Informal poll... when was the last time anyone here did a full out, tire squealing, clutch dumping standing start launch on a public road?

Seriously.

In an M5 that didn't belong to me about a month ago.  You don't get to drive cars like that too often.

Edit:  actually, no.  It was more like a 5 to 80 run.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

Seriously.

Several times when I had the 'st33m, often in conjuntion with handbrake-assisted u-turns.
I have not put the Jet through such punishment yet, since it's been a bit tight financially to deal with unnessesary repairs and traffic tickets.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

NomisR

Seriously.

http://www.carspin.net/forums/index.php?topic=15056.0

There's one! :lol:

FordSVT

Did it every occur to anyone that Ferrari installed the software because there was a customer demand for it?

I suppose we all know better than the people who can actually afford cars like this? And those who engineer them?

For that matter, why buy a Ferrari at all? You're all arguing about how useful this could be on the street, but how frigging usefull is a 5500 hp, 200 mph car in the first place?

And you can turn it off, right? So what's the problem?

sportyaccordy

Quote from: FordSVT on June 30, 2008, 04:22:15 PM
Did it every occur to anyone that Ferrari installed the software because there was a customer demand for it?

I suppose we all know better than the people who can actually afford cars like this? And those who engineer them?

For that matter, why buy a Ferrari at all? You're all arguing about how useful this could be on the street, but how frigging usefull is a 5500 hp, 200 mph car in the first place?

And you can turn it off, right? So what's the problem?
It just seems a bit chintzy, that's all.