MT test of Ferrari Scuderia, 0-60 in 3.1 1/4 mile in 11.2 at 126.7

Started by 565, June 22, 2008, 07:28:03 AM

Tave

Quote from: FordSVT on June 30, 2008, 04:22:15 PM
Did it every occur to anyone that Ferrari installed the software because there was a customer demand for it?

The demand for Ferraris has nothing to do with launch control.

Do you seriously believe that they would sell less 430s without it?

It helps them put a good number in a magazine, and that's about it. I bet most owners couldn't care less. I know if I had a Ferrari I wouldn't even use it more than once or twice.

Quote from: sportyaccordy on June 30, 2008, 01:32:56 PM
Informal poll... when was the last time anyone here did a full out, tire squealing, clutch dumping standing start launch on a public road?

Maybe once since I bought my car, and I wasn't timing it.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

FordSVT

^Ferrari has a very closer relationship with their owners. They only sell a very few Scuderia model F430s. Last year only two were imported in my entire country according to the rep I spoke with in Toronto at the CIAS in February. Traditional supply and demand has nothing to do with it, making your traditional customers happy does.

Ferrari listens to their customer base more than most. I can almost guarantee you that the reason the launch control is available is because the feedback from the customer base (the ones who line up with deposits the day a new car is announced) and their own drivers called for it.

sandertheshark

I just watched Top Gear 11x1 last night.  Clarkson thrashing it around was awesome.  "Very Italian.  'You make mistake; I kill you!'"