Your first car mod?

Started by the Teuton, June 22, 2008, 06:24:20 PM

What would be the first thing you'd upgrade on your car?

Wheels/Tires
9 (34.6%)
Suspension
5 (19.2%)
Stereo
1 (3.8%)
Interior/Accents
2 (7.7%)
Engine
4 (15.4%)
Exterior/Paint
1 (3.8%)
Other
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 24

S204STi

First thing I did was installed a fatter rear sway bar.  Shortly afterward I ruined a tire, so that was next.  Then I had a short lived affair with louder exhaust and found it doesn't fit me at all, then it was gauges to know what's going on inside the motor.  I recently reduced my gauge collection to just turbo boost; the rest are mostly irrelevant, more of a curiosity in the long run.

Soon I will do some power stuff, not sure when.

The only car I ever "modded" was my MKIII Supra Turbo, and it was probably the most unlikely first mod ever.

The car blew a head gasket years and years ago which my dad and I changed.  Then much later it developed rod knock, and I decided to drive it to death since it was on it's last legs anyway and bought the Z06 to replace it.  Then I got sentimentally attached to the Supra after buying the Z06, and I decided to ring up my dad and rebuild the engine with him (great family bonding project).

While I was rebuilding the engine I figured I might as well solve the blown head gasket problem of the 7M-GTE engine once and for all, so I decided to get the heads and block mirror finished and put in a Cometic metal head gasket and ARP studs.  Now that the engine is bulletproof, I've been too lazy to actually add any power adding parts.

So the first mod and only mod to my Supra is usually one of the last mods people get, a metal head gasket and the mirror finished block and heads to make it seal.

Oh and I got new valves and a new connecting rod during the rebuild process.  I guess none of those mods add any power or performance, just peace of mind.