Best Stock Stereo

Started by 2o6, June 25, 2008, 04:34:37 PM

rohan

Quote from: Submariner on June 29, 2008, 11:44:29 AM
BMW uses HK, no?
I'll call my wife and ask her if they have a label on them- I don't remember for sure to say with any certainty it just seems like the speakers say bose but I could easily be wrong. 

add- the speakers don't have the name on them so I don't know for sure.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

CJ

New Honda stereos really aren't bad.  Our Accord is great.  My brothers GF's Accord from 1993...well, let's just say it's the better than my car, but WAY worse than the Camry.

Submariner

Quote from: rohan on June 29, 2008, 11:57:23 AM
I'll call my wife and ask her if they have a label on them- I don't remember for sure to say with any certainty it just seems like the speakers say bose but I could easily be wrong. 

add- the speakers don't have the name on them so I don't know for sure.

I know BMW uses HK Logic 7 on the 7 series, so I would imagine it's made its way down to the 5.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

BimmerM3

Quote from: Submariner on June 29, 2008, 05:55:44 PM
I know BMW uses HK Logic 7 on the 7 series, so I would imagine it's made its way down to the 5.

I'm not sure, but it might be an option on the 5er. My dad has it, and it sounds very nice.

The worst stock system I've ever heard by a long shot is the E21, although the fact that it's nearly 30 years old and still (kinda) works has to count for something.

the Teuton

Most Bimmers use Harmon Kardon.  Some (and I don't remember which) don't, though.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

sandertheshark

BMW is quite good, but the living-room-on-wheels that is a Lexus definitely has the best stock sound system around.