Well isn't that special....

Started by VTEC_Inside, June 30, 2008, 11:18:14 AM

dazzleman

Quote from: NomisR on July 07, 2008, 06:58:18 PM
The problem with the accountability of the judges is that what they do on the bench has little to no direct effect to the general public.  Majority of the public do not know who the judges are and what the judges do doesn't have anything to do with the public unless someone actually makes a big stink about it and gets on the news.  Otherwise, they almost have free reign on what they do.  There's really no real check or balance in this.  I don't really think free election is the key because that would definitely lead to other problems such of bias and other factors in order to win votes. 

All this is why the power of judges is supposed to be limited, and why judicial activism is such a major threat to our rights and freedoms.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Tave

Quote from: rohan on July 06, 2008, 04:55:06 PM
We elect judges here- about the same effectiveness as your system is of appointments- their still scumbag lawyers with no morals ethics or backbones.

"All cops are scumbags with no moral ethics"

For the sake of civil conversation, how about we leave the blatant stereotypes at the door? You don't want people to make those kinds of statements about you, so I think you should extend others the same courtesy. :ohyeah:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

GoCougs

Don't blame LEOs. Anyone would take a free pass if given such a chance.

Raza

Quote from: rohan on July 05, 2008, 04:36:54 PM
Well remember this is Canada not the US and I've got to think there's more going on here that what'll ever get printed or even let out of the bag.  My best guess is the judge owed the detective a favor- debt paid- if you're going to bitch about someone why is the JUDGE  not the one getting bitched about?  All the cop did was what every other person I've ever seen on the stand do- stretch the truth- it's the judge (read stinking worthless piece of crap no good dirty bottomfeeding lawyer)  that's to blame here.  At least put the blame where the blame belongs.  And yes the detective should be put back in the bag and put back on the street for what he did at the very least.

No one likes judges or lawyers either.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.