1st GT-R Sold

Started by Yawn, July 08, 2008, 11:49:34 AM

The Pirate

Quote from: JYODER240 on July 09, 2008, 10:20:49 PM
+1

I guess it would be possible to rub the extra glue off but it would take atleast 20min. I quick shot of glass cleaner and a razor blade is the way I do it.

Same here.  I've done the rubbing with the finger, but a razor blade and windex is so much quicker.  The adhesive that NYS uses for the registration stickers is particularly resilient, it always takes a bit of elbow grease to pull those guys off.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Tave

It took me about 40 seconds to rub it off my Aveo. Maybe they used cheap glue for a cheap car. :huh:

Perhaps the larger point is that it can be done easily, by a variety of methods.

BACK on topic, who would want to go through all that press and publicity just to pick up your new car? The dude should have jumped in and left while the dealership was pontificating.

"This is the only place this sale could have come from. (be-beep) We're the number one Nissan dealer in the nation. (thunk) The first to sell the Z. (vvvvrrrr) And not the first to sell the GT-R! (eEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR). Hey, HEY! Get back here! Come back here!...........Uhhhhh...."
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

nickdrinkwater

Cool, but I would have ordered mine in Red.

CALL_911

What's that song in the video?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

hotrodalex

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on July 10, 2008, 03:04:45 AM
Cool, but I would have ordered mine in Red.

Me too. Red seems to be the best color, though black isn't bad.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Tave on July 09, 2008, 10:39:10 PM
It took me about 40 seconds to rub it off my Aveo. Maybe they used cheap glue for a cheap car. :huh:

Perhaps the larger point is that it can be done easily, by a variety of methods.

BACK on topic, who would want to go through all that press and publicity just to pick up your new car? The dude should have jumped in and left while the dealership was pontificating.

"This is the only place this sale could have come from. (be-beep) We're the number one Nissan dealer in the nation. (thunk) The first to sell the Z. (vvvvrrrr) And not the first to sell the GT-R! (eEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR). Hey, HEY! Get back here! Come back here!...........Uhhhhh...."

There's a good chance that his deal included agreeing to the publicity.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

hotrodalex

Quote from: Tave on July 09, 2008, 10:39:10 PM

He didn't have the keys until after the dude got done talking.