Motorcycles.

Started by S204STi, July 21, 2008, 10:19:36 AM

CaminoRacer

I really wanna ride to work today. It's gonna be in the mid 60s this afternoon, which is beautiful and will make me crave a bike ride. But it's only 42 right now. :cry:
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

CaminoRacer

I only have mesh gear. Great for 75+ degrees, not for 40s.

SVT_Power

I have (perforated) leather and textile. No mesh, I find as long as I'm moving the textile ventilates enough even in the middle of summer

If I was riding in 40 degree weather, I'd have a tshirt, pullover/light sweater of some sort, and a down vest under my leather jacket. That keeps me warm enough for commuting
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

CaminoRacer

Doesn't Canada still have snow on the ground in the middle of summer?

SVT_Power

Quote from: CaminoRacer on April 05, 2018, 09:09:36 AM
Doesn't Canada still have snow on the ground in the middle of summer?

Nah, it's only barely cold enough to keep our igloos solid.

Damn global warming.

giant_mtb

Was just looking at my Instagram...I was able to find dirt to ride on March 29th 2016.  Stark contrast to this year.  Seems like every other spring or so is early/late. 

CaminoRacer

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 05, 2018, 11:01:48 AM
Was just looking at my Instagram...I was able to find dirt to ride on March 29th 2016.  Stark contrast to this year.  Seems like every other spring or so is early/late. 

The past few years have definitely gone back & forth. Even years are warmer in the west, odd years are warmer in the east.

Speed_Racer

Utah had a late start to winter this year - I was riding well into January. But then it got extra cold and now the weather is all over the place. Rain predicted for the whole weekend :(

SVT_Power

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 05, 2018, 11:01:48 AM

I looked through fuelly and noticed my first fill up last season was March 24th. Which means the season would've started a few days before that for me. This year? I have no idea when the season is actually going to start.

12,000 RPM

Any recommendations on vented overpants? Looks like I have no choice but to drop $200 on them. Was going to....

Wait a minute. I have to get my daughter from day care until we get her in the closer one. Fuck it, might as well get my race suit now and start weekend riding.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

SVT_Power

heh rode to work today, it's snowing just a tiny bit now. I think I'm gonna leave early today. Don't need to take any chances of snow actually starting to fall.

Speed_Racer

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 10, 2018, 11:20:15 AM
Any recommendations on vented overpants? Looks like I have no choice but to drop $200 on them. Was going to....

Wait a minute. I have to get my daughter from day care until we get her in the closer one. Fuck it, might as well get my race suit now and start weekend riding.

I ride with these (A-Stars Air Flo): https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-air-flo-textile-pants?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzayztMOw2gIVAUsNCh3JKAElEAQYASABEgIdM_D_BwE

They breathe real good and the full leg zips makes putting them on w/ boots super easy. Lacking in protection though - I want some armor in the hips and knee area, right now it's just foam. Also no jacket connector zipper either.

MX793

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on April 10, 2018, 02:35:15 PM
eek!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/driver-sought-cops-ramming-motorcyclist-132728068.html

Not excusing the cager, but the cyclist was also an instigator in that altercation.  Road rage cuts both ways.  When you're on two wheels, it's best just to take a deep breath and let it go if somebody cuts you off or tailgates you or whatever.  They're in a multi-thousand pound steel cage, you're in a helmet.  Kind of like picking a fight with a 900 lbs gorilla because it stole your sandwich.  You ain't gonna come out on top in that confrontation.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Speed_Racer on April 10, 2018, 02:20:19 PM
I ride with these (A-Stars Air Flo): https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-air-flo-textile-pants?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzayztMOw2gIVAUsNCh3JKAElEAQYASABEgIdM_D_BwE

They breathe real good and the full leg zips makes putting them on w/ boots super easy. Lacking in protection though - I want some armor in the hips and knee area, right now it's just foam. Also no jacket connector zipper either.
Yea I would definitely need something with armor.

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Speed_Racer

The V-Strom's previous owner drilled out the baffles on the stock exhaust and it sounded like garbage. I picked up some OEM mufflers from eBay and swapped them in - so much quieter now! Also installed a fork brace that's stiffened up the handling significantly. I grabbed an annual national parks pass so it's all set for this summer's motocamping adventures.

CaminoRacer

Motorcyclist assaulted the car first.

CaminoRacer

Finally went for a short ride today. Poor bike had a thick layer of dust on it.

SVT_Power

lol this is Toronto right now:

Soup DeVille

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 15, 2018, 03:17:44 PM

For a second it looked like she was picking up a human hand.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

MrH

Quote from: Soup DeVille on April 15, 2018, 07:27:33 PM
For a second it looked like she was picking up a human hand.

He said Toronto, not Baltimore.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

12,000 RPM

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 15, 2018, 03:17:44 PM

Cleveland ain't far behind!!! Sick of this shit!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Speed_Racer

Snowing in SLC today and I just rode yesterday too. I hope we don't skip right over the best riding weather into the sweaty summer temps.

SVT_Power

So after this past weekend, apparently gonna be sunny and in the 50's in a few days. Maybe riding season will finally start.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Speed_Racer on April 17, 2018, 08:52:40 AM
Snowing in SLC today and I just rode yesterday too. I hope we don't skip right over the best riding weather into the sweaty summer temps.

Forreal.

Speed_Racer

Ordered a pair of Leo Vince cans to replace the unbearable DanMotos on the Triumph. Hopefully these have a more pleasant sound that won't wake the neighborhood and attract cops.