Lotus Evora

Started by 2o6, July 22, 2008, 01:50:07 PM

NomisR

Bah, need room on your Elise?  This is what you do!

Tave

^^^ Looks like a great way to neuter a fun car. I suppose it makes sense for track days.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Nethead

Quote from: omicron on July 27, 2008, 07:05:15 AM
One less Esprit Turbo in Mr. Nethead's garage means one more Esprit Turbo in Omi's garage!

A wonderful car; equally as wonderful as the 1972 original:

The thought of that silver car with the Cosworth DFV 3.0-liter Formula One V8 as you mentioned is almost painfully arousing. There, I said it.

omicron:  OmiDude!  If you ever get an Esprit (avoid the John Player Specials--a former owner once told me that he never left his home in a JPS Esprit even once without having to call his wife to come get him somewhere on the side of the road), drop in a 3.0 Ford-Cosworth DFV (along with the transaxle from whatever Formula One car you steal the DFV out of) and then paint it the only colors any self-respecting Lotus should EVER  be: British Racing Green with a yellow stripe :ohyeah:!  A white roundel with a black "21" in it would create instant ecstasy! :thumbsup:  Now THAT  is painfully arousing! :cheers: 
So many stairs...so little time...

Onslaught

Quote from: Tave on July 28, 2008, 09:18:40 AM
It's not like VW's reputation is completely spotless.
I agree.

TBR

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 27, 2008, 11:33:06 PM
The perfect complimentary vehicle to a Lotus Elise?

:lol:

I realize you probably aren't serious, but I agree 100%. I'd love to have an Elise SC, a Range Rover HSE, and a nice boat in the garage. Hell, I think that'd be my dream garage.

Vinsanity

maybe not entirely serious, but not exactly joking, either. I sure as hell wouldn't say no to a Range Rover.

ChrisV

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 28, 2008, 10:18:52 PM
maybe not entirely serious, but not exactly joking, either. I sure as hell wouldn't say no to a Range Rover.

Definitely not. Either a Classic, or newer than an '00 model. The one you pictured has the same body from '03 to present, though the early ones used the 4.4 liter BMW V8 as found in the 7 series, and the later ones used the Jaguar V8 in both normally aspirated and supercharged form. The early BMW powered ones are getting pretty cheap these days (under $20k I've seen them for now, at actual dealers, not just Craigslist scam artists...)

Any of them would make great driveway mates to an Elise. I know one that's making a great driveway mate to my 740iL...
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

TBR

Yes, I'd love to have one of the BMW engined ones. Unfortunately, Ford gauded up the styling when the put the Jag V8 in them.

ChrisV

Quote from: TBR on July 29, 2008, 12:25:58 PM
Yes, I'd love to have one of the BMW engined ones. Unfortunately, Ford gauded up the styling when the put the Jag V8 in them.

They only changed the side scoops, and a bit around the headlights lenses. The body, glass, and bumpers stayed the same:

I prefer the Sport, as it looks more like the previous Rangies, like the '01 we just got, but my wife likes the interior of the HSE better.

TBR

They chromed both the grill and the side scoops, both look too tacky for such a classy vehicle. I don't care for the Sport because it too has that garish grill.

ChrisV

Quote from: TBR on July 29, 2008, 02:09:36 PM
They chromed both the grill and the side scoops, both look too tacky for such a classy vehicle. I don't care for the Sport because it too has that garish grill.

But, they are outstanding to drive, both on and off road. I don't find the mesh side scoop garish, nor the flexible, shaver-look grille.

I'll take one of these to tow around a race car any day...

You saw the pics of the black and tan '01 we just got. This is the next logical step when they drop in price....

TBR

Well I do which is why I would rather have a BMW engined one than a more powerful Jag powered one.