***Spotted The New BMW 7-Series!!!***

Started by cawimmer430, August 14, 2008, 11:57:19 AM

cawimmer430

Holy craaap! I was giving a bunch of Americans a tour of some local World War II sites here. The standard operating procedure means a trip to nearby Waldkraiburg and look what I saw at the side of the road!

THE NEW BMW 7-SERIES!  :rockon:

I immediately stopped the car in the middle of traffic (mind you there were cars  behind me!) and took three quick shots. The cars behind me honked like crazy and the four Americans in the car with me thought I was nuts.   :praise:

Man, the risks I go through to keep the BMW fans here happy. You guys owe me big time!  :evildude:

Oh, and keep me updated if you find these pictures popping up on other forums. I don't want to read about some guy in Alabama claiming he spotted this car in his backyard and these are the pics!  :thumbsup:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

the Teuton

Nice job, Wimmer!

I don't like the front end profile at all.  The nose is too long.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

cawimmer430

Quote from: the Teuton on August 14, 2008, 12:07:17 PM
Nice job, Wimmer!

I don't like the front end profile at all.  The nose is too long.

From the few seconds I was able to stare at it, it looked sleek, low and long.  :ohyeah:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Submariner

It's no AMG S, but it's eons better than the previous 7.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

CALL_911

Wimmer, you're the man. Thanks.

Nice looking car. I really like the F01.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Colin

Definite improvement over the outgoing model, though the front looks surprisingly bulbous in your first picture....

I await my first sighting - which will probably be at Paris - with interest.

MexicoCityM3

Great job! But you are a BMW fan yourself now.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Catman

It's nice but the A8 looks much better.

93JC

"New"? Didn't know there was a 'new' one.

I see they didn't get rid of the ugly.

Laconian

Definitely a "cab-backward" design. I think the nose would be more at home on a long wheelbase model.

So this picture is a scoop? You should've watermarked it!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

nickdrinkwater

The nose looks a bit like a C-Class from the side.

SVT_Power

They try to go for a GT profile with the 7er? Whats with the really long front and really short back?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

cawimmer430

Thanks.  :praise:  :cheers:

Quote from: Laconian on August 14, 2008, 10:54:41 PM
So this picture is a scoop? You should've watermarked it!

I guess so! The guys over at GermanCarZone think this is the new V12 760iL because of the quadruple exhausts at the rear. We have a lot of BMW experts and even employees overthere.  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

omicron

Tave

I like the profile--looks very Volvo-esque for some reason.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Submariner

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Submariner

nickdrinkwater

I really don't like that vent thing on the side.

hotrodalex

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 15, 2008, 04:41:49 AM
Thanks.  :praise:  :cheers:

I guess so! The guys over at GermanCarZone think this is the new V12 760iL because of the quadruple exhausts at the rear. We have a lot of BMW experts and even employees overthere.  :lol:

Yup, V12 has quad exhuast, V8 has dual, diesel has twin (one side, 2 pipes).

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AltinD

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Submariner

Quote from: hotrodalex on August 15, 2008, 09:18:47 PM
Yup, V12 has quad exhuast, V8 has dual, diesel has twin (one side, 2 pipes).

I thought there was no V-12

the Teuton

Quote from: Submariner on August 16, 2008, 04:06:21 PM
I thought there was no V-12

The Gher-mans over in Moon-chen didn't think we deserved the new V12 model, so we're not getting it.  It probably had something to do with the S600 absolutely demolishing the last V12 BMW in sales.  But honestly, what would they expect?  Where the S600 came almost completely loaded, the 760Li came with an alcantara headliner, a mini fridge, an (ever so slightly) reclining rear seat, and some new wood trim for some $40,000 more than the 750Li of similar equipment levels.  It didn't even come with the rear iDrive.  Coupled with a vastly underpowered (compared to the S600) V12, and it became apparent pretty quickly that they weren't going to sell many.

So the rest of the world is getting it.

Also, compared to the E38, the F01 looks ungainly.  When I worked at the BMW dealership, I preferred the interior environment of the E65/6, but I preferred the driving experience of the E38, especially because of the lower beltline and easier to see front end along with the better steering feel.

I don't know if I like this car yet.  The more I see it, the less I like it.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT_Power

CaMIRO

The darker color hides all the surfacing; which is rather a pity, as it's much better integrated into the overall design than the old one was. I won't miss the confusing confluence of slashes and curves that was E65, but I do look forward to seeing an F01, up close, in light silver.

I know the E38 is viewed as some sort of classic, and I once had a drive in one I'll never forget; but its lines seem plain, in retrospect. Its presence derives from its size, rather than from any particularly special feature or surface.

In contrast with F01, darker colors work better on E38 (to my eyes, at least), because nothing about the car draws the eye to any one spot. A light silver E38 is a waste of a reflective color, IMO.

AltinD

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD