Name that tool

Started by Byteme, August 18, 2008, 10:35:42 AM

JWC

Nope and nope.   Though the spring adjuster is in the right direction.

Secret Chimp

A m-fing valve lash adjuster?

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Soup DeVille

Although I can't see the picture from here because of work net restrictions, I'm going to guess that it is an idle screw adjusting tool, probably one of the funnier looking one- say for a late '70s GM car with a Q-jet on it.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

JWC

giant_mtb

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 23, 2008, 10:29:06 PM
Although I can't see the picture from here because of work net restrictions, I'm going to guess that it is an idle screw adjusting tool, probably one of the funnier looking one- say for a late '70s GM car with a Q-jet on it.
:wtf:

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

giant_mtb

Sorry that I thought it was funny how you apparently couldn't see the picture of the tool yet you gave such a detailed description of a tool you thought it might be. 
:confused: :huh:

Byteme

Tool to adjust adjustable shock absorbers?

JWC

Well, it is made to adjust something...in particular a VW. Not a shock absorber though.

sparkplug

Looks like a head bolt adjuster.
Getting stoned, one stone at a time.

Cobra93

Danish

Brake metering and proportioning valve?
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

JWC

Onslaught

Man, have I got some stuff to post on this! My grandfather did the kind of work I do and I've got some of his tools. Shit that's 50+ years old.

sparkplug

Getting stoned, one stone at a time.

Laconian

Beginner's throwing star
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

r0tor

Quote from: Onslaught on August 25, 2008, 07:22:41 PM
Man, have I got some stuff to post on this! My grandfather did the kind of work I do and I've got some of his tools. Shit that's 50+ years old.

I have an engine repair book from like 1905 from my great grandfather... so should see the wacky stuff in there
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Byteme

Quote from: r0tor on August 26, 2008, 06:24:46 AM
I have an engine repair book from like 1905 from my great grandfather... so should see the wacky stuff in there

Scan and post a bit of it. 

Cobra93

Quote from: Onslaught on August 25, 2008, 07:22:41 PM
You can have my turn. I rummaged through my toolbox and didn't find anything quirky enough.

Onslaught

Quote from: Cobra93 on August 26, 2008, 10:45:03 AM
You can have my turn. I rummaged through my toolbox and didn't find anything quirky enough.
I'll have to take my camera into work. I've got one thing I don't even know what it's called. Only what it was made to fix a very long time ago.

SVT_Power

sorry to post this here but JWC seems to be in this thread alot

can you check your PM thanks
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

JWC

Quote from: M_power on August 26, 2008, 02:07:54 PM
sorry to post this here but JWC seems to be in this thread alot

can you check your PM thanks

Sorry, I didn't even know where to look to see if I had a personal message.

Now you have a PM.

Raza

Quote from: JWC on August 23, 2008, 05:26:04 AM
I've seen a lot of those cans in my life.

So, let's see if anyone can guess what this "special tool" is?  BTW, "JCD" is the previous owner's initials, not part of the original tool markings.

Yell "uncle" when you give up.

Bottle opener.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JWC

Quote from: Raza  on August 26, 2008, 06:37:56 PM
Bottle opener.

Damn small beer bottles...must be for beginners.

Raza

It doesn't go over the whole cap.  You just lodge it in beneath the edge, like a lighter. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT_Power

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT_Power