Sat in the new Challenger... impressions.

Started by Payman, August 31, 2008, 05:34:06 PM

Payman

I just got back from a local show & shine. They had a new Challenger SRT-8 there, Hemi orange with the carbon stripes. Here's a few impressions:

1. It looks beautiful in the flesh! I didn't get the feeling that it was too large, and I think they nailed the design. There was an AAR 'Cuda nearby, and the Challenger didn't seem much bigger.

2. The interior looks waaaayyyy better than what I saw in pics. Understated, but well designed and put together. Might prove to be a better interior than the fussy Camaro one.

3. Sat in the Viper sourced seats. Very comfy and supportive, and the ergonomics seemed to be very good. Everything fell into place and was easy to reach. The rear seating area appeared very roomy, and a family of 4 could live with this car easily.

Overall, I think Chrysler nailed it. It's big and badass... exactly what a muscle car should be. Those hoping for a svelte sportscar should look elsewhere, because it is what it is... and I for one appreciate it.

Would I buy one? I want to side by side compare an R/T with a new Camaro SS (or Z28). Either of these cars I would happily love to own.

From initial impressions, I give it a solid "A".

SVT666

Quote from: Payman on August 31, 2008, 05:34:06 PM
I just got back from a local show & shine. They had a new Challenger SRT-8 there, Hemi orange with the carbon stripes. Here's a few impressions:

1. It looks beautiful in the flesh! I didn't get the feeling that it was too large, and I think they nailed the design. There was an AAR 'Cuda nearby, and the Challenger didn't seem much bigger.

2. The interior looks waaaayyyy better than what I saw in pics. Understated, but well designed and put together. Might prove to be a better interior than the fussy Camaro one.

3. Sat in the Viper sourced seats. Very comfy and supportive, and the ergonomics seemed to be very good. Everything fell into place and was easy to reach. The rear seating area appeared very roomy, and a family of 4 could live with this car easily.

Overall, I think Chrysler nailed it. It's big and badass... exactly what a muscle car should be. Those hoping for a svelte sportscar should look elsewhere, because it is what it is... and I for one appreciate it.

Would I buy one? I want to side by side compare an R/T with a new Camaro SS (or Z28). Either of these cars I would happily love to own.

From initial impressions, I give it a solid "A".
I've seen a few now and I would have to drive the Mustang GT and the R/T to decide.  I love them both.  The only thing is the weight, though I've read the suspension masks it fairly well.