Honda Builds a Better Civic:

Started by BMWDave, July 26, 2005, 05:24:18 PM

Tom

Quoteyour right tom
You know it :rockon:  

Secret Chimp

I rode in a current-gen Civic a few days ago; building a better one wouldn't be saying a whole lot.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

ifcar

QuoteMany compacts have leather available now, it would be surprising if Honda didn't add it.
But they have never had it in the past, right?
Nope, but none of its competitors did in 2001 either.  

Tom

QuoteMany compacts have leather available now, it would be surprising if Honda didn't add it.
But they have never had it in the past, right?
Nope, but none of its competitors did in 2001 either.
Elantra

ifcar

Nope, not until 02, and even then it was only on the hatchback model. You couldn't get a sedan with leather until 03.

thewizard16

QuoteNope, not until 02, and even then it was only on the hatchback model. You couldn't get a sedan with leather until 03.
Tom, you know better than to contradict ifcar.  If there's a feature out there, he'll find it, and tell you when you could get it. ;)  :rockon:  
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

ifcar

QuoteNope, not until 02, and even then it was only on the hatchback model. You couldn't get a sedan with leather until 03.
Tom, you know better than to contradict ifcar.  If there's a feature out there, he'll find it, and tell you when you could get it. ;)  :rockon:
The sad part is, I knew that off the top of my head.  :lol:  

FlatBlackCaddy

This new civic gave me the shock of my life. I never thought they could F up the thing anymore than the last one. Then they drop this bomb, and i'm starting to like the old one alot more.

As for the "early drive comments" i'll take them for what they're worth, nothing. These could be some rants and raves from hardcore honda fans. The type R comment is mainly what made me draw the above conclusion.

To me it looks like honda may be entering a area which could not be very good for them, their products are becoming less appealing and they are starting to ride on name alone(even the brass knows that, pounding the honda name away in every commercial). I don't think they will ever fall as far or hard as GM did, but i'm thinking they might learn what it feels like in the next 5-10years.

Tom

I did my best :(  

R33 GT-R

Dubbed:  Skanky Whore!

CaseyNPham

When I saw the sedan, pretty wasn't the first word to pop in my head but at least it looks SO MUCH nicer than the spy photos. I'd be really surprised if Honda gave the US that interior. It's not flowy at all. As for the short hood, make it LONGER!! And that front door is kind of.... blech. And it looks a litle hyundai-ish. Wow, now that I think of it, the spy photos muct have been utter junk.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

Run Away

Tell Honda to bring back the cheap hatchbacks with engine mounts that will accept the new K series, good suspension geometry but crappy springs shocks and tires.
And quit the stubby nose styling.
The EF, EG and EK were all great looking and performing Civics. The EG was probably the best of those though.

Run Away

BTW, the link gives me the same errors that I was getting with CarSpin before.
Can anyone post the pics in here (I can see the interior pic)

CaseyNPham

are these the ones?
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

CaseyNPham