Ethiopian
0 (0%)
Other (specify)
2 (5.7%)
I prefer indigenous food
2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Raza

Quote from: Onslaught on September 18, 2008, 08:59:56 PM
It's been a week and I've not had any Sushi. I know what's for dinner this Friday.

And what in the world do you eat at a Ethiopian restaurant? Do they drop the food on your table with little parachutes?
Do you go home with your belly all swollen out and still hungry?

Yes. 

Rice and a 10 pound block of cheese are airlifted to you. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Soup DeVille

It's been a week and I've not had any Sushi. I know what's for dinner this Friday.

And what in the world do you eat at a Ethiopian restaurant? Do they drop the food on your table with little parachutes?

They serve lots of things in lettuce, it seems that many of them are based on ground sheep.

And they have really excellent coffee.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Onslaught

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=15879.msg883671#msg883671 date=1221793491
Yes. 

Rice and a 10 pound block of cheese are airlifted to you. 
Authentic flies too? Sounds like a good first date place.

Raza

Quote from: Onslaught on September 18, 2008, 09:07:36 PM
Authentic flies too? Sounds like a good first date place.

No flies.

I know, it kills some of the authenticity, but it's the only way it can pass health inspections. 

Also, one in 30 get shot.  It's like tequila with a worm.  Rare, but worth it. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Laconian

LOL!

One of the major ways Ethiopians serve food is by placing blots of heavily spiced vegetables and meat stews that are eaten with a kind of sour flatbread. You rip off pieces of the bread and use it to grab the stew and put it right in your mouth. It's a fun way to eat, the same sort of novelty as eating out of a chili bread bowl. The only downside is that your fingers will smell like weird spices for the next day or so, no matter how much you try to wash them.

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Tave

A couple years ago I got really stoned and went to an Indian buffet on a whim. It was my first experience with Indian food, and I didn't have a clue what the dishes were. I couldn't even tell you what food group they belonged to.

But that didn't stop me from slamming three plates completely packed with..........something. :lol:

The Ethiopean dish remind me of that day.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Rupert

I've had Ethiopian food once, here in Boise, at an all you can eat lunch thing. I could tell it was so-so quality, but it was good.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Laconian

Quote from: Tave on September 18, 2008, 10:27:50 PM
A couple years ago I got really stoned and went to an Indian buffet on a whim. It was my first experience with Indian food, and I didn't have a clue what the dishes were. I couldn't even tell you what food group they belonged to.

But that didn't stop me from slamming three plates completely packed with..........something. :lol:

The Ethiopean dish remind me of that day.
Stoners must be ruinous for the profit margins of Indian buffets.

I eat way too much rice at those. After a few glasses of water all the rice expands and I feel like the Oompa Loompas are going to come roll me back to my car.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Rupert

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Rupert

:lol:

You never know with you. ;)

gasoline

This thread needs to be moved.

I am a vegetarian so it's Indian food all the way! Then maybe Mexican and then cheap Chinese food.

I love, love, love Indian food.
-----------------------------------

Rich

I enjoy Chinese, Indian, and Mexican

I love Japanese Teriyaki Cheeseburgers, though!
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Onslaught

Quote from: gasoline on September 19, 2008, 05:20:38 AM

I am a vegetarian so it's Indian food all the way! Then maybe Mexican and then cheap Chinese food.

Can I ask why you're a Vegetarian?

akuma_supreme

Quote from: gasoline on September 19, 2008, 05:20:38 AM

There are some pretty good vegetarian Thai dishes out there. 
I'm not veggie, but I love Thai peanut curry with tofu.   :praise:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: akuma_supreme on September 19, 2008, 12:24:47 PM
There are some pretty good vegetarian Thai dishes out there. 
I'm not veggie, but I love Thai peanut curry with tofu.   :praise:

The only tofu I've ever liked more than a meat equivalent was the General's Bean Curd at one particular chinese place.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Laconian

Cashew curry with paneer cheese, that's an awesome meatless dish.

Cookie Monster

Mexican food is my favorite food by far. Chinese food is also good but eating vegetarian Chinese food is crap. Orange chicken is where it's at.

I also like sushi but it makes me feel sick so I don't eat too much of it.

And I'm not a huge fan of Indian food (have it all the time, duh) but butter chicken is absolutely delicious.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Laconian on September 19, 2008, 12:29:40 PM
Cashew curry with paneer cheese, that's an awesome meatless dish.
Ever had mutter paneer? That's my favorite.

I also like Malai Kofta. It's pretty creamy so it tastes good.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Gotta-Qik-C7

Tie: Mexican and Italian.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Rupert

Does Italian even count as "ethnic" anymore? :lol:

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Psilos on September 19, 2008, 02:20:17 PM
Does Italian even count as "ethnic" anymore? :lol:
How about soul food then?  :lol:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

akuma_supreme

There's a soul food restaurant here in town that has fried pork chops and sweet potato pie to die for!   :praise:

dazzleman

On that list, my favorites are Indian and Mexican.

I also like Thai and Chinese food, the traditional foods of most European countries (particularly Italian), and some middle eastern/Meditteranean food.

I don't like authentic Japanese food.  A trip to Japan would be a great weight loss program for me.  I'd probably prefer to go hungry than eat most of what authentic Japanese cuisine has to offer.

I also don't like West Indian food, for whatever reason.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on September 19, 2008, 02:21:24 PM
How about soul food then?  :lol:

I like most soul food.  There's a famous soul food restaurant in Harlem in New York City called Sylvia's that I'd like to eat at one of these days.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

Quote from: thecarnut on September 19, 2008, 12:30:55 PM
Mexican food is my favorite food by far. Chinese food is also good but eating vegetarian Chinese food is crap. Orange chicken is where it's at.

Orange chicken!  That's not Chinese food, that's just chicken nuggets with Tang and maple syrup on it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=15879.msg884334#msg884334 date=1221928470
Orange chicken!  That's not Chinese food, that's just chicken nuggets with Tang and maple syrup on it.

Most of what is called Chinese food in the US isn't actually Chinese, anymore than Benihana is really Japanese.

My former boss (who has since passed away  :() went to China about 10 years ago, and told me that the food there was absolutely gross.  She was a guest of the government, so they had to go to meal after meal that were all controlled by their hosts.  She starved herself through the meals, and they finally managed to go to an Italian restaurant in Beijing on the last night of their trip.

Laconian

In China the cheapest part of an animal is the muscle tissue (ie. the stuff we eat). The organ meat and feet sell for a lot more because they are considered delicacies. Your friend's hosts must've thought "lucky her, eating rabbit heads all week long!" It's too bad she missed out on the everyday Chinese food. It's pretty amazing.