Chrysler selling Viper as a brand

Started by SVT666, September 24, 2008, 03:26:07 PM

hotrodalex

I think Chip Foose's version comes with a stick. And more HP.

http://jlfthemisfear.blogspot.com/

Considering that's exactly how he would have built the Prowler had there not been manufacturing constraints, it's even better.

omicron

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 01, 2008, 04:52:05 PM
I met a man yesterday that works for Eaton and closely with Chrysler.

He says that the Crossfire and Prowler will also likely be branded and sold off seperately, if anybody wants to buy them.

Crossfire?

Oh, mercy.

TBR

Yeah, no one wanted to buy the cars and now they think someone will buy the "brand"?

omicron

Quote from: TBR on November 02, 2008, 08:18:20 AM
Yeah, no one wanted to buy the cars and now they think someone will buy the "brand"?

I think I've seen one on the road in all this time. If I remember rightly, MY05 Crossfires were still hanging around dealerships well into 2007 and possibly even 2008.

I don't dislike them, I suppose - just indifferent.

giant_mtb

I've seen a few Crossfires, and although I could probably count how many I've seen on two hands, I kind of like them.  It's a shame they didn't fair better.  You can still build/customize one on Chrysler's website, but you can't seem to get the SRT-6 model, which posed a 0-60 time of 5.1 seconds.

SVT666

Quote from: hotrodalex on November 01, 2008, 08:52:12 PM
I think Chip Foose's version comes with a stick. And more HP.

http://jlfthemisfear.blogspot.com/

Considering that's exactly how he would have built the Prowler had there not been manufacturing constraints, it's even better.
I'm not sure if you think that's a Chip Foose Prowler or not, but it's not.  That's a Chip Foose original car.  He designed while he was in school and only recently built it.  It's a mid-engined hot rod and a completely original design.

hotrodalex

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 02, 2008, 10:06:51 AM
I'm not sure if you think that's a Chip Foose Prowler or not, but it's not.  That's a Chip Foose original car.  He designed while he was in school and only recently built it.  It's a mid-engined hot rod and a completely original design.

Chip Foose was a main component in making the Prowler. Chrysler saw his design while he was in school and wanted to build it. He agreed to it and the Prowler was made. Of course, it had restrictions because it was mass produced. Chip's version, the Hemisfear, is closer to the original concept (there were a few changes)

SVT666

Quote from: hotrodalex on November 02, 2008, 04:28:42 PM
Chip Foose was a main component in making the Prowler. Chrysler saw his design while he was in school and wanted to build it. He agreed to it and the Prowler was made. Of course, it had restrictions because it was mass produced. Chip's version, the Hemisfear, is closer to the original concept (there were a few changes)

The Hemisfear is a clean sheet design though.  It's not a version of anything.

hotrodalex

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 02, 2008, 05:06:04 PM
The Hemisfear is a clean sheet design though.  It's not a version of anything.

I know. It's his original vision of the car.