Toyota facelifts 09 RAV4

Started by ifcar, September 24, 2008, 03:55:40 PM

Tave

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 15, 2009, 03:51:53 PM
Are you towing it with the Aveo?

I wish.

On a related note, I have a bunch of stuff in storage that I'll need to grab when I (cross my fingers) go to law school in the fall. I want to get a trailer hitch for the Aveo, but my dad is insisting on renting a Uhaul and helping me.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Tave on January 15, 2009, 04:01:17 PM
I wish.

On a related note, I have a bunch of stuff in storage that I'll need to grab when I (cross my fingers) go to law school in the fall. I want to get a trailer hitch for the Aveo, but my dad is insisting on renting a Uhaul and helping me.

Dads can be that way.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raza

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 15, 2009, 03:44:39 PM
Pull one out of a launch sometime and see how much of a difference that makes.

Seriously, does anybody here have any experience towing a boat besides J86 and I?

No. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Tave

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 15, 2009, 04:02:56 PM
Dads can be that way.

I'm not complaining.

I just need to ween myself off the proverbial tit before he and my mom want to retire. Camping out in the parents' basement @ 25 is a big enough blow to the ego as it is.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Tave on January 15, 2009, 04:09:58 PM
I'm not complaining.

I just need to ween myself off the proverbial tit before he and my mom want to retire. Camping out in the parents' basement @ 25 is a big enough blow to the ego as it is.

You're going to law school though, right? Its not like your working part time at blockbuster and spending all your spare time making a realistic female robot out of silicone and spare parts.

J86

Quote from: Tave on January 15, 2009, 04:01:17 PM
I wish.

U-Haul!  I've put hitches on my last three cars from UHaul parts...do it anyways.  You'd be amazed at all the things you can find to tow once you have a hitch...

BTW where are you looking?  I've submitted all my law school apps these past few weeks...

Tave

Quote from: J86 on January 15, 2009, 05:30:34 PM
BTW where are you looking?  I've submitted all my law school apps these past few weeks...

:cheers: I submitted mine this past week as well.

I applied to:

University of Wyoming
University of Denver
Pepperdine
Baylor
Georgetown
Cornell
Santa Clara
University of Minnesota
Villanova
Notre Dame
University of Richmond
Wake Forest

Soup DeVille

Holy crap, are they still charging like $50 per app too?

J86

Quote from: Tave on January 15, 2009, 05:39:58 PM

I applied to:

University of Wyoming
University of Denver
Pepperdine
Baylor
Georgetown
Cornell
Santa Clara
University of Minnesota
Villanova
Notre Dame
University of Richmond
Wake Forest

Good luck!  I applied to Richmond as well, amongst a host of others (mostly around Boston).

Soup- I've paid 35-75.  Some schools waive the app fee depending on your profile.

Tave

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 15, 2009, 05:40:53 PM
Holy crap, are they still charging like $50 per app too?

I got waivers for 7 out of the 12.

Interestingly, the University of Wyoming and the University of Denver did not offer me waivers. :rage:

Tave

Catman

I keep looking for something new in this forum and all I keep seeing is this stupid RAV4 thread!  Where's all the new trucks??? :lockedup:

J86

The Pirate

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 15, 2009, 03:44:39 PM
Pull one out of a launch sometime and see how much of a difference that makes.

Seriously, does anybody here have any experience towing a boat besides J86 and I?

I was only sharing information that I recall reading (and yeah, I never thought about pulling one out of a launch - partially submerged and from a standstill, 3500 lbs. is 3500 lbs., I'd imagine).

Alas, my only experience with pulling out of a launch and towing a boat involved a 1/2 ton Silverado and a trailer with two Jet-Skis (well within the capabilities of the truck). 

You bring up some good points.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TBR

Quote from: Tave on January 15, 2009, 05:39:58 PM

I applied to:

University of Wyoming
University of Denver
Pepperdine
Baylor
Georgetown
Cornell
Santa Clara
University of Minnesota
Villanova
Notre Dame
University of Richmond
Wake Forest

:rockon:

Let me know if you visit or anything.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Submariner

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 15, 2009, 04:11:38 PM
You're going to law school though, right? Its not like your working part time at blockbuster and spending all your spare time making a realistic female robot out of silicone and spare parts.

Haha.  One of my dad's good friends lived in his parents basement until he was 28.  Now he's the chair of a local bank and a very successful lawyer.  Soup is right...as long as you're putting in the effort there's no need to feel like a dip shit.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550