Lancer Ralliart vs MS3 vs WRX vs Cobalt SS (finishing order 4th-1st) R/T

Started by S204STi, September 25, 2008, 10:57:29 AM

Raza

Quote from: Minpin on October 01, 2008, 11:59:19 PM
Bentleys get you poontang, VWs, well don't. Look at Raza.

:lol:

Yeah, the only thing I get regularly is Minpin's mom!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Minpin

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=15941.msg892169#msg892169 date=1222927418
Yeah, the only thing I get regularly is Minpin's mom!

I was a testube baby. Have fun with that...uh...test tube.  :ohyeah:
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Minpin

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=15941.msg892172#msg892172 date=1222927851
I do.

PIITTT

(Put It In The Test Tube)
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on October 01, 2008, 11:41:16 PM
Fuck you, motherfucker. 

As I've said, my standards for interior quality aren't very high.  But I think the Cobalt gets ripped on more than it deserves.  Perhaps the Impreza's interior is nicer (and perhaps I can't get over how shit the car was to drive), but it's definitely better than the Lancer's. 

Sure, there are cheap plastics, but they fit together well enough.  If the quality of the plastics is the number one concern, then the Mazda3 isn't really head of the class either. 

lol wow, chill man.  I don't think the Cobalt is aweful, but neither is it outstanding.  Same with the Impreza and Lancer, really.  Comparisons based on interior quality are basically a wash with these, it comes down to preference. I would like to point out that the leather seats found in lower end GM vehicles are truly lame.  They are really just bonded leather which ends up cracking, and the finish is poor.

SVT666

Quote from: R-inge on October 02, 2008, 11:15:40 AM
lol wow, chill man.  I don't think the Cobalt is aweful, but neither is it outstanding.  Same with the Impreza and Lancer, really.  Comparisons based on interior quality are basically a wash with these, it comes down to preference. I would like to point out that the leather seats found in lower end GM vehicles are truly lame.  They are really just bonded leather which ends up cracking, and the finish is poor.
The leather seats in the SS are phenomenal.  They're Recaros.

S204STi

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 02, 2008, 11:49:16 AM
The leather seats in the SS are phenomenal.  They're Recaros.

Oops, my bad.  Thanks for correcting that.  In that case, the seats blow the WRX out of the water.  Those are made for fat americans used to vinyl bench seats or something...  No adjustable lumbar support, either.

S204STi

MotorTrend just reviewed the 09 WRX here.

Cliffnotes: 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, 1/4 mile 13.5 @ 101.1 mph. :mask:

People think 08 WRX buyers got screwed, I think STI buyers got screwed.

"Out at the track, the new and improved WRX launches hard; all four tires spin as the car leaps forward as if it were rear-ended by a bus. A mere 1.6 sec pass before 30 mph is reached, a time on par with the new BMW M3 and Cadillac CTS-v. Sixty mph comes in 4.8 sec, and the five-door, five-passenger hatchback we tested covered a quarter mile in 13.5 sec at 101.1 mph. That's near a second faster than last year's model and just a tenth slower than the 2008 STI. Consider the $10,000 difference between the base WRX and the homologated rally car, and you'll be asking yourself, "STI why?" "

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

the Teuton

The NASIOC folk don't seem to think that the WRX and STI are in the same league still.  And by their predictions, Subaru should give the STI a horsepower bump and a tighter suspension.

But as Lancer people don't like to admit, the Subaru, either one of them with their softer suspensions, will crush a current Evo offroad.  It might be a mistake to singly give the STI one firmer suspension just because STI people are too cheap to buy a set of coilovers.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

S204STi

Meh, both cars were underwhelming in the face of competition, so I imagine that now the bulk seller is fixed they'll fix the STI soon too.  As it stands the only reason to buy the STI is for panache and the 6spd.  Otherwise, save a few grand and buy a nicely equiped WRX.  Too bad you can't get leather anymore, because then it would be like adding insult to injury.

the Teuton

Quote from: R-inge on October 13, 2008, 08:16:52 PM
Meh, both cars were underwhelming in the face of competition, so I imagine that now the bulk seller is fixed they'll fix the STI soon too.  As it stands the only reason to buy the STI is for panache and the 6spd.  Otherwise, save a few grand and buy a nicely equiped WRX.  Too bad you can't get leather anymore, because then it would be like adding insult to injury.

Leather was just reintroduced to Australia, as per NASIOC.  It could be coming.

On another note, 2008 WRX prices are dropping like a rock.  No one is bidding on $18,000 WRXs on Ebay.  It's sad and funny at the same time.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

S204STi

Quote from: the Teuton on October 13, 2008, 08:18:53 PM

Yeah, that was nice to see.  The leather in the new cars is actually quite a lot nicer than what came in mine.  Mine is clearly bonded leather.  It is wearing nicely though!

MX793

Quote from: the Teuton on October 13, 2008, 08:18:53 PM

On another note, 2008 WRX prices are dropping like a rock.  No one is bidding on $18,000 WRXs on Ebay.  It's sad and funny at the same time.

Local dealer still has a new '08 WRX on the lot with $29K+ on the sticker.  Good luck moving that one.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

LonghornTX

Quote from: R-inge on October 02, 2008, 11:15:40 AM
I personally think the interior of the SS is quite awful (sans the seats of course), even when compared with the competition. Of course, I have yet to drive the car (I only sat and looked around it), and by all sources it seems to be a rocket, but that interior might keep me from buying the car, despite its incredible performance. It just looks, feels, and appears, cheap to me.

JMO
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

S204STi

Quote from: LonghornTX on October 14, 2008, 11:39:25 AM
I personally think the interior of the SS is quite awful (sans the seats of course), even when compared with the competition. Of course, I have yet to drive the car (I only sat and looked around it), and by all sources it seems to be a rocket, but that interior might keep me from buying the car, despite its incredible performance. It just looks, feels, and appears, cheap to me.

JMO

Yeah, it certainly isn't going to win a comparison with a Honda or VW.

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on October 13, 2008, 08:24:01 PM
Local dealer still has a new '08 WRX on the lot with $29K+ on the sticker.  Good luck moving that one.

I wouldn't pay half that. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

The Pirate

I rather like the MS3, I'd consider one to replace the Proteg?.  Shame you can't get a sunroof on it, though.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

SVT666

Quote from: LonghornTX on October 14, 2008, 11:39:25 AM

JMO
It's no worse then the Mustang's...in fact it's better.

Raza

I find the Mustang's visually more attractive.  I like the black dash better than silver.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Visually, the Mustang's interior has more character, but the Cobalt's is definitely better quality.

LonghornTX

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 14, 2008, 01:24:17 PM
Visually, the Mustang's interior has more character, but the Cobalt's is definitely better quality.
I disagree, especially on the plastics front. Granted, the S197 doesn't have the greatest materials, but I was astounded by how bad they were in the Cobalt.

The difference between the two is especially evident when the S197 is purchased with a the premier trim package.

But then again, how did this turn into a comparison with a Mustang? Me thinks you are aiming for a pseudo ad-hominem attack here  :evildude:

SVT666

Quote from: LonghornTX on October 14, 2008, 02:12:10 PM
I disagree, especially on the plastics front. Granted, the S197 doesn't have the greatest materials, but I was astounded by how bad they were in the Cobalt.

The difference between the two is especially evident when the S197 is purchased with a the premier trim package.

But then again, how did this turn into a comparison with a Mustang? Me thinks you are aiming for a pseudo ad-hominem attack here  :evildude:
Dude, nobody loves the Mustang more then me.  But I found it funny that you complain about the Cobalt's interior and say that it would be a deciding factor for you, though you bought a Mustang.

LonghornTX

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 14, 2008, 02:37:49 PM
Dude, nobody loves the Mustang more then me.  But I found it funny that you complain about the Cobalt's interior and say that it would be a deciding factor for you, though you bought a Mustang.
Well, one, the Mustang is an immeasurably better looking car inside and out, with many more aspects of the vehicle appealing to me than sheer vehicle dynamics and performance (as is the case with the Cobalt), so obviously my choice to purchase that car is quite a bit different of a situation than the hypothetical statement I posited earlier (that the interior of the Cobalt might keep me from buying it).

And two, though the Mustang does not have the greatest quality interior in the world, it is certainly nicer to me than the Cobalt, which looks slightly better than the Cavalier it replaced. Especially so with the premium interior options checked on the Mustang.

omicron

Quote from: R-inge on October 13, 2008, 07:48:30 PM
MotorTrend just reviewed the 09 WRX here.

Cliffnotes: 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, 1/4 mile 13.5 @ 101.1 mph. :mask:

People think 08 WRX buyers got screwed, I think STI buyers got screwed.

"Out at the track, the new and improved WRX launches hard; all four tires spin as the car leaps forward as if it were rear-ended by a bus. A mere 1.6 sec pass before 30 mph is reached, a time on par with the new BMW M3 and Cadillac CTS-v. Sixty mph comes in 4.8 sec, and the five-door, five-passenger hatchback we tested covered a quarter mile in 13.5 sec at 101.1 mph. That's near a second faster than last year's model and just a tenth slower than the 2008 STI. Consider the $10,000 difference between the base WRX and the homologated rally car, and you'll be asking yourself, "STI why?" "

That's incredibly rapid. All it needs now is the body of the previous model and the interior of the Liberty (Legacy), and we'll be in business.