What Class are You?

Started by 2o6, September 25, 2008, 07:19:28 PM

Of What Economic Class do you currently reside?

Homeless
3 (9.4%)
Bankrupt
0 (0%)
Lower Class
2 (6.3%)
Middle Lower Class
1 (3.1%)
Upper Lower Class
1 (3.1%)
Lower Middle Class
2 (6.3%)
Middle Class
4 (12.5%)
Upper Middle Class
8 (25%)
Wealthy
3 (9.4%)
Obscenely Rich
0 (0%)
Billionare
3 (9.4%)
I do not know of this "money" thing you speak of
1 (3.1%)
Other
1 (3.1%)
None
1 (3.1%)
Prefer not to say
0 (0%)
Student......so there really is no Class for me at the moment
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

dazzleman

Quote from: Lazerous on September 27, 2008, 09:07:07 AM
I voted "Other" because "Baller" wasn't an option.

:lol:

Actually, I didn't vote at all.

Baller?  Does that mean you roll around on your balls?  That must be pretty painful, man.... :devil:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Lazerous

Quote from: dazzleman on September 27, 2008, 09:20:27 AM
Baller?  Does that mean you roll around on your balls?  That must be pretty painful, man.... :devil:

:huh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkIryQ6Paqg

dazzleman

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

saxonyron

Quote from: dazzleman on September 27, 2008, 09:27:17 AM
That's pretty disgusting.

Oh...my......God!  I just had to wash my eyes out with rubbing alcohol after watching that.  Imagine the size of the cup he has to wear when playing baseball!  :mask: 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

the Teuton

That takes some testicular fortitude if I've ever there was an instance.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

GoCougs

Quote from: dazzleman on September 27, 2008, 08:30:39 AM
I pretty much do the same thing.  I have a goal of how much I want to save, and I usually exceed it.  So I don't worry too much if I'm 'wasting' some money to live well within that context, though it does raise some questions about whether my savings goal is high enough.  I believe that it is, since it is a pretty substantial percentage of my income.

My next goal, which will actually be more difficult, is to improve the longer-term return that I am getting on my various investments.  I want to get my money working harder for me, rather than the other way around.  To me, that's the true definition of rich -- that your money works for you, rather than you working for your money.

What I found works for me is that I automatically put 10% of my after-tax earnings from whatever source into a slush fund. The purpose of this fund is to spend freely on whatever. It works great, and prevents me from living too cheap (which I'm naturally drawn to) and from feeling guilty about spending too much.

As to putting money to work - I haven't cracked the "income" code, either. Up until recently, by the time you had sufficient equity to actually turn a monthly profit from renting a home or multi-family property, the COCR was better with a C/D and you had zero risk from bad renters or a bad market. I've decided that if it's relatively easy, the cream is gone, and the best you can expect is about to keep pace with inflation. So the trick I've found is to do stuff that isn't easy, or that at least isn't done all that often; hard money loans, unique real estate development, etc. But these are also a lot riskier, and take a lot more time and due diligence.

sportyaccordy

Lower class, but not low enough to have my life subsidized