Next Mercedes E-Class - picture

Started by nickdrinkwater, September 29, 2008, 03:04:21 PM

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

nickdrinkwater

It's a bit top heavy, so the rear wheels look tiny (or is that the high belt line?).  And that rear window looks strange.  I always liked the Mercedes coupes because of side glass being completely retractable.  Seems like this is no longer the case.

It's a shame because the profile looks awesome up until the B pillar.  It's so close to being a great design, but not quite IMO.

Vinsanity

That triangular glass piece in the rear quarter window looks a lil goofy. I think this would look better, but I suppose it would cause a huge blind spot:

cawimmer430

Not sure if people saw this comment on the bottom of page 5 so here goes...

That little black line towards the end of the C-Pillar sort off reminds me of the "beauty blades" of the C107 SLC. In real life they looked really awesome on the SLC and made the C-Pillar section look less long than it actually was. I am guessing with the new E-Class Coupe they included it because that rear window looks like it can be retracted.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

the Teuton

That little window looks like a Chinese afterthought.  Heritage be damned.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

2o6

I think the little window needs to be moved farther forward, or removed completely.

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 03, 2009, 02:18:35 PM
Not sure if people saw this comment on the bottom of page 5 so here goes...

That little black line towards the end of the C-Pillar sort off reminds me of the "beauty blades" of the C107 SLC. In real life they looked really awesome on the SLC and made the C-Pillar section look less long than it actually was. I am guessing with the new E-Class Coupe they included it because that rear window looks like it can be retracted.

Yeah, saw you post, but I always thought that looked a bit naff.  Personal taste I guess...

Colin

That SLC looks great....... but the new ELK, or CE or CLE or whatever they call it is just too gawky. Like most others apart from you-know-whom, I find that extra black divider on the rear window just looks stupid.. "goofy" as someone here coined is a good description.

The rest of it is close to being very elegant, but just misses it in many ways as the proportions just do not quite balance. Shame........

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

omicron

Why on earth do I have to keep coming into Mercedes-Benz threads and saying 'Now, that's rather nice, except for the stupid panel gap/obscure crease/strange headlight/random slash'? M-B's own CL and CLK manage to be pillarless hardtops without any need for little fixed windows, so why the swizzle stick now?

Still, for the most part it's a fine-looking car. Because of the strong creaseline above the rear wheels breaking up the expanse of metal, I think it just gets away with the large rear fenders. A dark red or blue 500 would do me very nicely, thank you.

Raza

In profile, it looks like it's drooping after the B pillar.  I don't think I like this one.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.