El Camino project car

Started by hotrodalex, October 04, 2008, 12:49:56 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: hotrodalex on August 22, 2009, 04:08:56 PM
You will lose. :lol:

Rodeo has a three point two liter all aluminum dual overhead cam twenty four valve vee six with variable tuned intake runners. The Camino has a boat anchor. :devil:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

hotrodalex

Quote from: NACar on August 22, 2009, 04:14:53 PM
Rodeo has a three point two liter all aluminum dual overhead cam twenty four valve vee six with variable tuned intake runners. The Camino has a boat anchor. :devil:

:nono:

El Camino has all American vee eight power.

Eye of the Tiger

I bet ur intake valve seals was made in CHZiNA

hotrodalex

Quote from: NACar on August 23, 2009, 07:42:47 AM
I bet ur intake valve seals was made in CHZiNA

Democratic People's Republic of Korea.  :praise:

Eye of the Tiger

Secret Chimp

Quote from: hotrodalex on August 23, 2009, 11:48:03 AM

Democratic People's Republic of Korea.  :praise:

North Korea makes things?

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

hotrodalex

I have found the source of the smoke/sparks that occurred when I first started the engine.

I switched out all of the plug wires and installed some looms to tidy them up. I'm still not completely happy with it, but it will do. Sadly, the car is not going to run again until I can find a shorter spark plug. I don't want to burn another wire on the headers.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: hotrodalex on August 30, 2009, 05:58:11 PM

I have found the source of the smoke/sparks that occurred when I first started the engine.

I switched out all of the plug wires and installed some looms to tidy them up. I'm still not completely happy with it, but it will do. Sadly, the car is not going to run again until I can find a shorter spark plug. I don't want to burn another wire on the headers.

They make heat-reflective sleeves for that. I put them on my redneck truck after I put the headers on. Also put a heat shield around the starter. Had no problems.

OR, Accel makes "header plugs" if you just want to go shorter

hotrodalex

Quote from: NACar on August 30, 2009, 06:53:16 PM
They make heat-reflective sleeves for that. I put them on my redneck truck after I put the headers on. Also put a heat shield around the starter. Had no problems.

OR, Accel makes "header plugs" if you just want to go shorter

The #6 spark plug comes out right between two of the header pipes, so the plug wire touches it. Nothing I can do except get a shorter spark plug.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: hotrodalex on August 31, 2009, 06:34:55 PM
The #6 spark plug comes out right between two of the header pipes, so the plug wire touches it. Nothing I can do except get a shorter spark plug.

I had that problem with my LeMans, so I got the Accel header plugs. They are extra short, but more 'spensive, which suxxored because that car needed new spark plugs about every 2-3 tanks of fuel.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on August 31, 2009, 06:40:44 PM
I had that problem with my LeMans, so I got the Accel header plugs. They are extra short, but more 'spensive, which suxxored because that car needed new spark plugs about every 2-3 tanks of fuel.

I put some of those in back in the fall. :ohyeah:

Just got the car back yesterday. Wasn't expecting to bring it home quite yet, but I can do the rest myself. My friend cut out the out floor (what was left of it) and welded in a new one. I brought over the new seats and put the driver's side in temporarily (gotta do some tweaking before I bolt it in permanently)

I should be getting a new steering wheel later on today. In the next couple of weeks I'll put down some insulation and carpet, bolt down the seats, and possibly start making a center console.

I'll post pictures when I get back from Cleveland on Monday.

hotrodalex

Before:

Bye bye rusty floor!

Much better.  :praise:

Pictures of seats coming soon.

Laconian

HOly crap. You could see El Camino through the rust holes in The Road!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

hotrodalex

Quote from: Laconian on May 31, 2010, 12:54:33 PM
HOly crap. You could see El Camino through the rust holes in The Road!

:clap:

These are the new seats (they are black cloth, the sun makes 'em look gray in the pictures):

Soon to having racin' belts.

Cookie Monster

You should've just left the floor out, waterproofed the rest of the interior and bolted the seats to the crossmembers. :lol: :mask:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Eye of the Tiger

I need those seats for the Swift. :heated:

BimmerM3

Nice. What are the seats out of?

hotrodalex

Quote from: thecarnut on May 31, 2010, 01:26:00 PM
You should've just left the floor out, waterproofed the rest of the interior and bolted the seats to the crossmembers. :lol: :mask:

I may be able to weatherproof the interior, but not me. :lol:

Quote from: BimmerM3 on May 31, 2010, 02:08:09 PM
Nice. What are the seats out of?

Mazda 3.

hotrodalex

Eye of the Tiger

Laconian

Quote from: hotrodalex on June 03, 2010, 01:55:48 PM
Steering wheel:

What systems is it compatible with? Does it have force feedback?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

hotrodalex

Quote from: Laconian on June 03, 2010, 02:02:35 PM
What systems is it compatible with? Does it have force feedback?

Old muscle cars never have much feedback. :ohyeah:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: hotrodalex on June 03, 2010, 07:29:44 PM
Old muscle cars never have much feedback. :ohyeah:

Feedback is stomp on the gas and feed back.

the Teuton

What are those seats out of? A Sentra SE-R SpecV?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

hotrodalex

SVT_Power

Quote from: hotrodalex on May 31, 2010, 01:16:00 PM
:clap:

These are the new seats (they are black cloth, the sun makes 'em look gray in the pictures):

Soon to having racin' belts.

Where's the hole for the harness?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

hotrodalex

I haven't done any prep for the harness yet. For the shoulder belts I plan on mounting them to a roll bar type of thing under the back window and then the other 3 will be mounted to the floor.

SVT_Power

Quote from: hotrodalex on June 04, 2010, 11:21:28 AM
I haven't done any prep for the harness yet. For the shoulder belts I plan on mounting them to a roll bar type of thing under the back window and then the other 3 will be mounted to the floor.

I mean in the seats. The harness bar shouldn't be too hard since your interior is all stripped out already anyway.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna