SHO!

Started by Eye of the Tiger, October 05, 2008, 04:15:56 PM

AutobahnSHO

Will

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 06, 2008, 06:23:53 PM
Should be much gooder on your wallet.

Not as fast though.  :evildude:

I'm thinking the pros of the SHO continue to outweigh the cons.  I drove it for 15 minutes and I love it. It's like when I first drove an SRT-4, I knew I wanted it right away, so I bought it. The SHO has such a similar feeling, actually - a wicked motor in an unrefined and mundane chassis - it's a muscle car.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Secret Chimp

Quote from: NACar on October 06, 2008, 06:33:42 PM
It's like when I first drove an SRT-4, I knew I wanted it right away, so I bought it.

OK, I know the Esteem, the Chevy-whatever truck, the motorcycle, whatever you had before the Jetta if that wasn't the Esteem, but wtf?

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Secret Chimp on October 06, 2008, 06:42:25 PM
OK, I know the Esteem, the Chevy-whatever truck, the motorcycle, whatever you had before the Jetta if that wasn't the Esteem, but wtf?

What do you mean? I used to have a 2004 SRT-4, the second year, when it came with limited slip and 230hp. This is back when I had a job and made money.

Secret Chimp

Quote from: NACar on October 06, 2008, 06:59:19 PM
What do you mean? I used to have a 2004 SRT-4, the second year, when it came with limited slip and 230hp. This is back when I had a job and made money.

Well good job on that then.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Secret Chimp on October 06, 2008, 07:05:11 PM
Well good job on that then.

Jackass, go ahead an taunt me for not keeping it.

Rupert

Haha!

And the V8Q!

Haha!

:lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: NACar on October 06, 2008, 06:33:42 PM
I'm thinking the pros of the SHO continue to outweigh the cons.  I drove it for 15 minutes and I love it. It's like when I first drove an SRT-4, I knew I wanted it right away, so I bought it. The SHO has such a similar feeling, actually - a wicked motor in an unrefined and mundane chassis - it's a muscle car.

Hmm- well, good luck then!

Just remember to baby it in 1st gear (burnouts will destroy the tranny unless you spend $$ on a quaife Limited Slip Diff)
AND

You will NEVER be able to replicate the true joys of owning a SHO in the western Hemisphere:

In case the picture doesn't show up:  http://www.geocities.com/autobahnsho/ad.html
Will

Eye of the Tiger

To complicate the SHO, and any other car buying decision, I keep getting conflicting information whether or not the Jetta will be road legal without having the collision damage repaired. One of my instructors, who literally co-wrote the state inspection manual, says "aww f*ck it, just drive it". However, the clerk at the BMV says my car is basically illegal to drive until I re-title it and show receipts to show all collision damage was repaired, regardless of whether or not it is necessary to pass a saftey inspection; but she also seemed to suggest those receipts could just be pencil whipped by a mechanic. To top it off, the insurance company was apparently supposed to surrender the title to me after I bought my car back from them, but I never got it. I hate this crap.
:banghead:

Eye of the Tiger

"The Taurus SHO might just be the perfect enthusiast beater"
http://www.beaterreview.com/?p=56

I agree.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: NACar on October 07, 2008, 06:09:48 PM
"The Taurus SHO might just be the perfect enthusiast beater"
http://www.beaterreview.com/?p=56

I agree.

Half the review talks about the poor cable shifter (until 1993) but they started replacing it with a Rod shifter in 1991.

The cars are cheap but parts are actually hard to find in general because SHO fanatics are...  Fanatics.

Seriously I wish i had one right now but I can't afford it. They're too much time/money.

Someday I hope to have enough money to go to a Jackson Barrett auction and find that perfect Electric Red 1991 "Plus".
Will

TBR

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: TBR on October 10, 2008, 02:28:51 PM
On a related note...
Damnit I wish I needed a new car

OUCH

That's a clean car!
The usual signs that the odometer had been rolled back aren't there- broken buttons on the a/c controller, ripped/torn seats, and/or wear on the gearshift/ steering wheel, etc...

Too bad I don't have money....  :hammerhead:
Will

S204STi

You don't need another money pit Will...  save up your beans and buy a new car with a warranty. :lol:

AutobahnSHO

Pfft- someday.
My credit is very holey- so I probably couldn't get a loan IF I wanted one.

The most I've ever spent on a car was $4500 for the current family van- at the time it had 108k miles and was bought 6yrs old. Figuring in initial purchase price, repair work, a UHaul rental (my older van broke in the middle of moving), etc... and doing my own labor, I average about $150-170/month per car.       (((( Can't really beat that!! ))))

I buy w/ income tax refunds, and big (or "can wait") repairs are also done in the spring...   :-)
Will

Eye of the Tiger

SHO was sold. :( At least I don't have to think about it anymore.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: NACar on October 12, 2008, 08:02:25 PM
SHO was sold. :( At least I don't have to think about it anymore.

hehehe Congratulations?!

At least you've driven one now. Imagine getting stuck in traffic on the 'Bahn and downshifting to 3rd, punching it, until you get back up to speed...

Sigh- I miss mine.
Will

TBR

It is always a great relief when a car you really want but really can't afford gets sold.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on October 12, 2008, 08:06:09 PM
hehehe Congratulations?!

At least you've driven one now. Imagine getting stuck in traffic on the 'Bahn and downshifting to 3rd, punching it, until you get back up to speed...

Sigh- I miss mine.

Sigh - I miss it, too.

I desperately need something equally fast and ridiculous. Maybe I really should put a turbo on the Jetta.

Raza

Have you ever thought about winning the lottery?

Not the Powerball or anything like that.  Just a small, couple hundred thousand dollar daily? 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=16036.msg899086#msg899086 date=1223864032
Have you ever thought about winning the lottery?

Not the Powerball or anything like that.  Just a small, couple hundred thousand dollar daily? 

no                         

Raza

Quote from: NACar on October 12, 2008, 08:15:31 PM
no                         

You should try it some time.  You might be able to buy a car with some of your winnings. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=16036.msg899092#msg899092 date=1223864192
You should try it some time.  You might be able to buy a car with some of your winnings. 

or i could rob a train

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NACar on October 12, 2008, 08:17:38 PM
or i could rob a train

I suggest stealing airconditioner cores from churches. Right now, not only are prices up on copper scrap, but they won't likely be turning on the air for months. if you put the cover back on when you're done nobody will notice the core is gone.

Hit  three or four medium sized churches and you'll have your money.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 12, 2008, 08:19:46 PM
I suggest stealing airconditioner cores from churches. Right now, not only are prices up on copper scrap, but they won't likely be turning on the air for months. if you put the cover back on when you're done nobody will notice the core is gone.

Hit  three or four medium sized churches and you'll have your money.

I hate going to church. I'd rather rob a train. Trains are fun.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NACar on October 12, 2008, 08:20:55 PM
I hate going to church. I'd rather rob a train. Trains are fun.

You go in the middle of the week when nobody else is there. That's the other good thing about churches: predictable scheduling.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  on October 12, 2008, 08:20:07 PM
Do you have a bandanna?

No, but I have a guy... I can get one.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 12, 2008, 08:21:33 PM
You go in the middle of the week when nobody else is there. That's the other good thing about churches: predictable scheduling.

I'm not too sure about that. The churches around here are more like mosques. I don't know WTF goes on in those things.

hotrodalex

Somebody broke into my church a few weeks ago. Sucks for them, cuz there's nothing to steal in it.  :lol: