2010 SVT Raptor

Started by SVT666, November 04, 2008, 09:18:09 AM

Secret Chimp

90% of these things will never go off road. They do look pretty cool though.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Secret Chimp on November 08, 2008, 05:20:43 PM
90% of these things will never go off road. They do look pretty cool though.

true, unless they try to bring them to the track...
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Secret Chimp

I just thought -how incredibly fucking hard is it going to be to clean the exposed paint behind the "SVT" plastic cutout on the fenders?

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Minpin

Quote from: Secret Chimp on November 09, 2008, 08:38:01 AM
I just thought -how incredibly fucking hard is it going to be to clean the exposed paint behind the "SVT" plastic cutout on the fenders?

Compressed air would take care of it. Just gotta drive to the gas station....which wouldn't be too much of a hassle, given it's probably thirsty.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Onslaught

FUCK. Some of the most nut job owners are special edition F-150 people. They think they drive an Italian super car or something when they bring them in.

the Teuton

Quote from: Onslaught on November 10, 2008, 04:59:00 PM
FUCK. Some of the most nut job owners are special edition F-150 people. They think they drive an Italian super car or something when they bring them in.

How can you be so disrespectful of Harley Edition F-150 owners?  Or King Ranch?  Or SVT Lightning?  Or Eddie Bauer?  Or STX...or well, I'm sure there are others.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

sparkplug

Quote from: Onslaught on November 10, 2008, 04:59:00 PM

Remember the monstertruck called Grave Digger. It could put them exotics in the ground.
Getting stoned, one stone at a time.

Onslaught

Quote from: the Teuton on November 10, 2008, 05:05:54 PM
How can you be so disrespectful of Harley Edition F-150 owners?  Or King Ranch?  Or SVT Lightning?  Or Eddie Bauer?  Or STX...or well, I'm sure there are others.
Harley Edition owners are some of the biggest nuts jobs out there. It's a fucking F-150.

MidnightDave

This is like the MILF down the street, you don't want to like it, you know there's so much wrong with it, and still, there's this haunting allure, you just have to ogle and you kinda want it...I'll stick with my Tacoma--oh, and the wifey!

You're right onslaught, Special Ed F-150 guys are the worst--no offense if there are any on here, but you know it's true! They have those silky club jackets like guys wore in the '80s.
2006 Lexus IS350 - bone stock wouldn't change a thing
2006 MINI Cooper S - For Sale!
2002 Toyota Tacoma - A man and his truck, it's a beautiful thing!

S204STi

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 04, 2008, 08:07:53 PM
Who needs low range with 400+hp?  In all the offroading I did with my Ram, I only used low range once.

For rock crawling or driving over an unpaved rocky mountain pass, low range is a must unless you hate your truck.  It's not always about going flat-out with your foot to the floor.

Raptor -- Ford for Fail.

S204STi

Quote from: GoCougs on November 05, 2008, 01:02:23 PM
Uh, low-range is used for a lot other things - easing downhill descent without killing brakes, precise modulation of power for crawling over boulders, and even preventing AT overheat.

QFT

SVT666

Quote from: R-inge on November 10, 2008, 07:53:46 PM
For rock crawling or driving over an unpaved rocky mountain pass, low range is a must unless you hate your truck.  It's not always about going flat-out with your foot to the floor.
Low range is a must for rock crawling, but not for rocky trails...unless you can't exceed 5 mph...which no one would do with a $60K truck.  This truck isn't meant for any of that.  It's meant for flat out Baja style off roading.

QuoteRaptor -- Ford for Fail.
I disagree.

S204STi

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 10, 2008, 08:16:32 PM
Low range is a must for rock crawling, but not for rocky trails...unless you can't exceed 5 mph...which no one would do with a $60K truck.  This truck isn't meant for any of that.  It's meant for flat out Baja style off roading.
I disagree.

Right, nobody takes their 60,000 dollar trucks on rocky trails, just the thousands to drive to the San Juan mountain range in Colorado or Moab, UT every year just for that reason in anything from Jeeps to Hummers.

I know there is a "baja" style offroad scene, but I have a hard time taking this truck seriously.  It looks primarily like one of those diesel queens with epic lift, loud pipes, and absolutely no time spent offroad.

SVT666

Quote from: R-inge on November 10, 2008, 08:31:51 PM
Right, nobody takes their 60,000 dollar trucks on rocky trails, just the thousands to drive to the San Juan mountain range in Colorado or Moab, UT every year just for that reason in anything from Jeeps to Hummers.
In the grand scheme of things, it's a very very small percentage of people who take any truck off road.  That percentage gets even smaller when you're talking about $60K trucks...especially Hummers.

QuoteI know there is a "baja" style offroad scene, but I have a hard time taking this truck seriously.  It looks primarily like one of those diesel queens with epic lift, loud pipes, and absolutely no time spent offroad.
You have a hard time taking it seriously?  Why?  This machine is hardcore.

2o6

Quote from: R-inge on November 10, 2008, 08:31:51 PM

I know there is a "baja" style offroad scene, but I have a hard time taking this truck seriously.  It looks primarily like one of those diesel queens with epic lift, loud pipes, and absolutely no time spent offroad.

It was entered into the Baja 1000......

Tave

I've gotta think the demand for a trail truck is greater than a Baja-style truck, but I suppose this way they can maintain its on-road prowess.

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 10, 2008, 08:16:32 PM
unless you can't exceed 5 mph...which no one would do with a $60K truck. 

*ahem* I see people do that all the time.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

GoCougs

No 2 speed t-case = dirt roads and perhaps a bit of snow. It might be hardcore, but it ain't an off-roader.

S204STi

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 10, 2008, 10:31:14 PM
In the grand scheme of things, it's a very very small percentage of people who take any truck off road.  That percentage gets even smaller when you're talking about $60K trucks...especially Hummers.
You have a hard time taking it seriously?  Why?  This machine is hardcore.

Yeah man, those Fox shocks and big BFG A/Ts sure are rare...oh wait, you can find that sort of thing on any of the hundreds of lifted "trailer queens" that rawr up and down the streets here with narry a fleck of dirt on them.

Having the equipment and looks doesn't mean the vehicle is going to be used as intended, or that it'll hold up to serious long term abuse.  Most likely there's a clause in the warranty that voids it if you actually take the thing offroading. :rolleyes:

Quote from: 2o6 on November 11, 2008, 06:11:23 AM
It was entered into the Baja 1000......

Ok... big wow.  VW beetles run it all the time.

FordSVT

^Says the guy who drives a Subaru marketed as a rally-ready car. No irony there, nope.

Raza

Ford badge is too small.  How is anyone going to know who makes it?  Also, it looks like they didn't finish painting that orange one.  Shoddy QC on the press car does not bode well for the range.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

S204STi

Quote from: FordSVT on November 11, 2008, 01:20:36 PM
^Says the guy who drives a Subaru marketed as a rally-ready car. No irony there, nope.

Fail.

I've actually driven my car offroad, briefly, and there is a strong number of WRX owners who rallyX, ProRally, or AutoX these cars.  Unlike the majority of the snobs who are going to buy one of these trucks.

S204STi

Besides, I wouldn't take my car rock crawling or on an extended offroad trip, because it's not designed for it.  Kinda like this truck.

SVT666

Quote from: R-inge on November 11, 2008, 02:15:01 PM
Besides, I wouldn't take my car rock crawling or on an extended offroad trip, because it's not designed for it.  Kinda like this truck.
No shit.  This truck isn't designed for rock crawling and it's not being marketed as such.  It's a fucking street legal version of a Baja truck...kinda like your car.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on November 11, 2008, 10:19:48 AM
No 2 speed t-case = dirt roads and perhaps a bit of snow.
You are so full of shit.  You don't even need 4 wheel drive for dirt roads and a bit of snow.  How much off roading have you actually done?  I've been doing it my whole life and I use low range only when required, otherwise it stays in high. I don't even use 4x4 unless it's required.

QuoteIt might be hardcore, but it ain't an off-roader.
It's a hardcore high speed off roader.  It ain't for rock crawling.  How goddamn difficult is it for you people to understand?

S204STi

Ugh, I forgot what happens when you piss off the Blue Oval fanbois.

SVT666

Quote from: R-inge on November 11, 2008, 03:01:49 PM
Ugh, I forgot what happens when you piss off the Blue Oval fanbois.
I'm not a Ford fanboy.  In case you forgot, I'm a Dodge truck guy.

S204STi

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 11, 2008, 03:04:39 PM
I'm not a Ford fanboy.  In case you forgot, I'm a Dodge truck guy.

lol my bad.

Look, I know you see it as a serious truck.  I don't.  I even laid out why.  If you don't agree with it then great, just let me have my opinion without feeling like you need to convince me I'm wrong.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 11, 2008, 02:39:35 PM
You are so full of shit.  You don't even need 4 wheel drive for dirt roads and a bit of snow.  How much off roading have you actually done?  I've been doing it my whole life...

I KNEW Canada was just wilderness!  I knew it!

:lol:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

Quote from: R-inge on November 11, 2008, 03:10:32 PM
lol my bad.

Look, I know you see it as a serious truck.  I don't.  I even laid out why.  If you don't agree with it then great, just let me have my opinion without feeling like you need to convince me I'm wrong.

You're missing the point. This truck is not meant to be a hardcore hill-climb, rock-crawl,  type of off-road truck. This car is a Baja-type truck, which is meant to go really fast over tough terrain, too tough for cars. It even LOOKS like a Baja car rather than a tough roader.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna