Another "Which SUV" advice request.

Started by Morris Minor, November 16, 2008, 09:23:01 AM

BimmerM3

Quote from: TBR on November 23, 2008, 10:35:24 AM
Maybe they're using the engines in Lexus's instead.

I doubt it. Like I said, the tolerances are a bit more lenient, so the engines would run a bit rougher than the equivalent Lexus engine. I'm not sure if the tighter tolerances could be maintained with different tooling or not.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: CJ on November 16, 2008, 05:51:39 PM

It's a Blazer.  Those things are the deadliest cars on record.  I don't remember where I saw that, but it holds the title of vehicle with the most deaths.  What year is your brothers Tahoe and how heavily does he drive it?
That's cause it appeals to the meth addled poor Midwestern demographic...

As far as the pick for the truck... I don't get why it has to be macho, but what about one of those 4dr Wranglers?

Catman

I might go back to a Pathfinder for my next vehicle.

Lebowski

Quote from: Catman on November 26, 2008, 08:54:27 AM

I really liked the older pathfinders ... nice, midsized SUV.  The new ones look so massive.

Then again, the sequoia has gotten even more massive.

Catman

Quote from: Lebowski on November 26, 2008, 09:11:14 AM
I really liked the older pathfinders ... nice, midsized SUV.  The new ones look so massive.

Then again, the sequoia has gotten even more massive.

Yeah, the new Sequoia is just too damn big.  I had an 01 Pathfinder and it was a good vehicle if a bit small.  The new ones are actually perfect size for me.

ifcar

Quote from: Catman on November 26, 2008, 08:54:27 AM

Not much rear seat space for such a big vehicle. They moved the middle row forward so they could squeeze in the virtually-unusable third row.

Catman

Quote from: ifcar on November 26, 2008, 09:24:12 AM
Not much rear seat space for such a big vehicle. They moved the middle row forward so they could squeeze in the virtually-unusable third row.

Next one might go back to unibody.  We were considering an Acadia/Traverse too.  Nothing in the near future though.