Porsche Panamera Leaked!

Started by 2o6, November 22, 2008, 11:39:22 AM

CJ

Northlands

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Eye of the Tiger

Pure sex from all angles. All cars should make as much sense as this.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

TBR

I am not in love, maybe in person.

Colonel Cadillac

They should have just made it a station wagon at this point :huh:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on February 09, 2009, 08:45:32 PM
They should have just made it a station wagon at this point :huh:

But station wagons are not as arrow-dynamic.

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

the Teuton

I like everything about the car but the hunchback.

First Bentley rips VW, now Porsche rips VW.

Check out the Concept D (Phaeton) rear hatch.

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

ChrisV

Quote from: the Teuton on February 09, 2009, 11:07:29 PM

the "hunchback" is rather evocative of the 911 and 356 lineage, too, however.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

omicron

A five-door liftback sedan?

Ugh, that sounds like a mid-range '90s Corolla.

2o6

Quote from: the Teuton on February 09, 2009, 11:07:29 PM

Actually, If they were to graft a Porsche nose onto it, it'd look ten times better.

TBR

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/porsche-panamera-interior/1352438/

Undecided on this. It looks nice, but the ergonomics are questionable, it seems the buttons on the left side of the shifter would be very difficult to reach and to see.

Tave

omicron

'Shit. We've forgotten the buttons for the heated seats. Look, just stick them below the other controls and discuss the weather if Wendy comes past. Yes. Like that. Good.

Wait. Shit. We've forgotten the sport button. Er. OK. Put it there, below the heated seat button. That'll do.

........What do you mean, Plus? Plus my ass! Plus your mother! Go plus yourself! Fine, fine. You know the drill. Under 'Sport'. Yes. There. Right. Can we go?

Oh. Shit. Something height-adjustable at the rear. Can't we just throw something heavy in the boot.......oh, hello Wendy, I mean, Dr. Wiedeking sir.....no Dr. Wiedeking sir, I didn't mean it that way.....you're looking quite thin these days, honest........yes, I know we don't want iDrive-over-the-cliff......knobs are a bit queer.....RIGHT, we'll put in another button......Lovely to see you again, Dr. Wiedeking! Do come again!

Who drew these testicles on my drafting pad? Watkins, was that you? Watkins? I don't like this sort of insubordination, Watkins!

I beg your pardon, Watkins?

A testicles button?

That's a fucking exhaust, you imbecile, and don't tell me you've forgotten to put that in as well!'

TBR

Quote from: Tave on February 12, 2009, 08:19:02 AM
Do you mean the right side?

Yeah, I had just woken up...

Looking at the close up, it doesn't look like it'll be an issue since those are individual controls.

Tave

Yeah, I'm assuming the ones on the right control the passenger's seat.

the Teuton

The interior looks like the Carrera GT made a baby with the Cayenne and added some of that recessive trait called wood trim.

It looks tasteful, and judging by the massive amount of buttons, authentically German.

MrH

I love the interior!

Great looking car overall I think.  It's something different for a change.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

sportyaccordy

Not sure yet. D1 concept looked better

SVT666

WTF is the exhaust button for?  Too many goddamn buttons.

TBR

Quote from: HEMI666 on February 12, 2009, 02:39:29 PM
WTF is the exhaust button for?  Too many goddamn buttons.

It probably operates a butterfly valve in the muffler.

Submariner

too bad it wasn't more like this.

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

2o6

Submariner

What in the hell possessed them to change the design...at all?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550