Review: 2010 Ford Fusion

Started by SVT666, December 15, 2008, 10:51:43 AM

SVT666

Quote from: thecarnut on December 16, 2008, 11:40:11 AM
I find them to be pointless anyways. I use the dash controls.

Plus on the Acura and Honda I have to move my hand if I want to use the steering wheel controls.
I always use the steering wheel controls...though my new deck doesn't support my controls without a $100 adapter.

Vinsanity

You know what's funny is that I often find myself driving at 8 and 4 on a 4-spoke wheel, and at 10 and 2 on a 3-spoke wheel.

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on December 16, 2008, 12:22:38 PM
You know what's funny is that I often find myself driving at 8 and 4 on a 4-spoke wheel, and at 10 and 2 on a 3-spoke wheel.

I usually drive (when using both hands) 9 and 3 or 7:30 and 5:30 (usually on the highway). 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Byteme

Quote from: thecarnut on December 16, 2008, 11:40:11 AM
I find them to be pointless anyways. I use the dash controls.

Plus on the Acura and Honda I have to move my hand if I want to use the steering wheel controls.

I felt the same way until we bought two Mazda's with the audio controls on the wheel.  Now I feel cheated when i drive a car without them.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Byteme on December 16, 2008, 01:57:38 PM
I felt the same way until we bought two Mazda's with the audio controls on the wheel.  Now I feel cheated when i drive a car without them.
Both my parents cars have them and I still don't use them.

I don't even notice they are there. :huh:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Catman

I keep looking at it and the design is starting to flow a bit better.  Looks and sounds like a solid car.  The big thing is quality and it seems like Ford has made strides in that dept.  Hopefully it continues with this model.

SVT666

Quote from: Catman on December 17, 2008, 07:06:20 AM
I keep looking at it and the design is starting to flow a bit better.  Looks and sounds like a solid car.  The big thing is quality and it seems like Ford has made strides in that dept.  Hopefully it continues with this model.
I believe the last I saw, Ford was tied for 1st for quality according to JD Power (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

FoMoJo

"Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth" ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

SVT666

Maybe it wasn't JD Power then.  I remember hearing or seeing that they were tied for 1st somewhere.

goldenlover1101

Had a 2009 V6 Fusion fully loaded as a rental for work for about 2 weeks. Had the Microsoft Sync and 6Disc CD Changer. I was very impressed with this car as a whole for the 2 weeks I had it and would absolutely consider a 2010 as a new car. The interior really suprised me. Nice feel and ergonomics. The selectable mood lighting was impressive. Overall a very nice car if you can get past the giant razor on the front. :thumbsup:

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

FoMoJo

Quote from: HEMI666 on December 17, 2008, 01:03:21 PM
Maybe it wasn't JD Power then.  I remember hearing or seeing that they were tied for 1st somewhere.
They had the most top picks in the IIHS safety ratings...Ford tops insurance industry's safe car list
"Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth" ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Vinsanity

Quote from: HEMI666 on December 17, 2008, 01:03:21 PM

Could've been JD Power; the data FMJ posted is the initial quality survey buyers take after 3 months of ownership. JD Power also takes surveys after 1 year and 3 years of ownership, so it's possible you were referring to one of those.

nickdrinkwater

The styling is pretty awful as with most American Fords, but at least the interior looks good.  Considering this car is Mondeo sized, I'm surprised there isn't a 2.0 litre engine (though I heard they were considering putting one in).

93JC

2.0 L?! Those are for Focus-sized cars.

At one point our Focus had a 2.3 L engine available. :lol:

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: 93JC on December 18, 2008, 10:53:47 AM
2.0 L?! Those are for Focus-sized cars.

At one point our Focus had a 2.3 L engine available. :lol:

Depends on how powerful the engine is!  Anyway, isn't the Passat available with the 2.0T in the US?  I'm sure I saw a few when I was in there....and a few 3.6s too(!)

Vinsanity

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on December 18, 2008, 10:59:36 AM
Depends on how powerful the engine is!  Anyway, isn't the Passat available with the 2.0T in the US?  I'm sure I saw a few when I was in there....and a few 3.6s too(!)

huge difference between a turbo 2.0 liter and an unb00sted one.

3.5L is pretty much the standard engine size for a premium-mainstream midsize car here.

Tave

Honda and Toyota do OK offering a 2.4L I4 as their standard engine on the Accord and Camry.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

hotrodalex

I'm not fond of the hood. Other than that it's nice.

Byteme

Just saw this in the financial section of yahoo this morning.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Press Release Source: Ford Motor Company

41 MPG! All-New Ford Fusion Hybrid Is Now America's Most Fuel-Efficient Mid-Size Car
Tuesday December 23, 8:00 am ET 
- Ford Fusion Hybrid certified at 41 mpg in city and 36 mpg on highway - beating the Toyota Camry hybrid by 8 mpg in city and 2 mpg on highway
- Advanced hybrid propulsion system allows Fusion Hybrid to reach speeds of up to 47 miles per hour in electric mode - faster than the Camry Hybrid and all other hybrids currently on the road
- New smaller, lighter nickel-metal hydride battery produces 20 percent more power than the previous hybrid system and a new regenerative brake system allows for approximately 94 percent energy recovery in city driving
- On sale this spring, new Fusion Hybrid can travel more than 700 miles on a single tank of gas in city driving

SVT666

Quote from: Byteme on December 23, 2008, 06:57:40 AM

41 MPG! All-New Ford Fusion Hybrid Is Now America's Most Fuel-Efficient Mid-Size Car
- Ford Fusion Hybrid certified at 41 mpg in city and 36 mpg on highway - beating the Toyota Camry hybrid by 8 mpg in city and 2 mpg on highway
- Advanced hybrid propulsion system allows Fusion Hybrid to reach speeds of up to 47 miles per hour in electric mode - faster than the Camry Hybrid and all other hybrids currently on the road
- New smaller, lighter nickel-metal hydride battery produces 20 percent more power than the previous hybrid system and a new regenerative brake system allows for approximately 94 percent energy recovery in city driving
- On sale this spring, new Fusion Hybrid can travel more than 700 miles on a single tank of gas in city driving

Those numbers are awesome.

GoCougs

Perfect - just in time for <$1.50 gas.

Meanwhile, Toyota delays indefinitely plans to shift Prius production to the US because of a drop in sales...

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on December 23, 2008, 09:02:34 AM

Meanwhile, Toyota delays indefinitely plans to shift Prius production to the US because of a drop in sales...
Those kinds of numbers are pretty tempting, though I would still go for the 265 HP Sport version.

Byteme

Gee I guess Ford just can't win can they?

If they don't have fuel efficienct cars on the lots when the pric of gas goes up, like last summer, we accuse them of poor produc tplanning.  If they produce a fuel effieienc car when gas prices are down we accuse them of poor product planning. 

When gas prices go up, and I would bet on that beginning tohappen within the next 12 months, Ford will be well positioned with this car.

And you should note that Toyota hasn't been doing so hot with it's product planning lately.   

Catman

Quote from: Byteme on December 23, 2008, 09:27:27 AM

If they don't have fuel efficienct cars on the lots when the pric of gas goes up, like last summer, we accuse them of poor produc tplanning.  If they produce a fuel effieienc car when gas prices are down we accuse them of poor product planning. 

When gas prices go up, and I would bet on that beginning tohappen within the next 12 months, Ford will be well positioned with this car.

And you should note that Toyota hasn't been doing so hot with it's product planning lately.   

There's no way to plan when it comes to fuel prices.  If the car lives up to its specs and price I think there will be plenty of takers.

GoCougs

Quote from: Byteme on December 23, 2008, 09:27:27 AM

Your online life would be so boring without me.

Vinsanity

40 mpg is kind of a magic number, so if anything, the hybrid Fusion will create alot of hype.

And if we're lucky enough that gas will be indefinitely cheap, then at least they can go back to selling buttloads of F-150's :devil:

280Z Turbo

[stupidpolitician]The Big 3 don't build fuel efficient cars that Americans want! Why can't they be more like Toyota! All they build is gas guzzlers![/stupidpolitician]

The best part about Ford not taking the bailout is that those knuckle-dragging apes in Washington can't take credit for their success.

nickdrinkwater

No harm in being more efficient.  This car is good timing for Ford if anything.

GoCougs

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on December 23, 2008, 02:30:46 PM
No harm in being more efficient.  This car is good timing for Ford if anything.

There is harm, if virtually no one will buy it. It will be money wasted, like every other hybridized version of a standard vehicle.

2o6

Quote from: GoCougs on December 23, 2008, 08:06:15 PM
There is harm, if virtually no one will buy it. It will be money wasted, like every other hybridized version of a standard vehicle.

:rolleyes:

If they didn't have one, you'd be bashing them for not being eco-friendly. They're in a lose-lose situation.

So what do you think the money should have been spent on?