Ford?s Active Park Assist for Lincoln

Started by SVT666, December 31, 2008, 10:11:47 AM

Byteme

Quote from: hotrodalex on December 31, 2008, 01:31:58 PM
BOO!

If you can't park by yourself you shouldn't be driving.

So true.  And I consider it a liability that this technology allows you to park in a tight space. 
All that means is the BOZOs in front and behind you will be smacking your car when they try to get out of their parking spaces.

Byteme

Quote from: 2o6 on December 31, 2008, 03:59:48 PM

Yes, because a Honda Fit is all anyone needs.  :rolleyes:

There is probably more truth in that statement than you would like there to be.

ifcar

Quote from: Byteme on December 31, 2008, 08:14:23 PM
So ture.  And I consider it a liability that this technology allows you to park in a tight space. 
All that means is the BOZOs in front and behind you will be smacking your car when they try to get out of their parking spaces.

And in doing so, they'll cave in your automated parking sensors, so you can't get out.

Colonel Cadillac

They should have spent their money on other stuff before this. Otherwise, it's still pretty cool.

CJ

Quote from: 2o6 on December 31, 2008, 05:38:39 PM

Then why do you have a Swedish land yacht?  :lol:

Didn't have $17,000 to spend.

hotrodalex

Quote from: HEMI666 on December 31, 2008, 05:23:30 PM
It's easy for someone to say when their not 75 years old.

Well in that case, how would you know what a 75 yr old would need?

2o6

Quote from: CJ on January 01, 2009, 12:12:18 AM

Didn't have $17,000 to spend.

A Hyundai Accent is smaller, more efficent, and just as reliable as your car.

You FAIL.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: ifcar on December 31, 2008, 08:31:19 PM
And in doing so, they'll cave in your automated parking sensors, so you can't get out.
:lol:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

the Teuton

Quote from: ifcar on December 31, 2008, 08:31:19 PM

If you have good insurance (as you should on any new car), you can have those several thousands of dollars worth of sensors replaced cheaply and easily.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: the Teuton on January 01, 2009, 08:31:12 PM
If you have good insurance (as you should on any new car), you can have those several thousands of dollars worth of sensors replaced cheaply and easily.
But then you'd get a rental car without Park Assist. So in the end you'll end up parking on your own.  :nutty:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

the Teuton

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on January 01, 2009, 08:33:33 PM
But then you'd get a rental car without Park Assist. So in the end you'll end up parking on your own.  :nutty:

But Aveos and Calibers aren't that hard to park.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

CJ

Quote from: 2o6 on January 01, 2009, 12:26:13 PM

A Hyundai Accent is smaller, more efficent, and just as reliable as your car.

You FAIL.

I COULD NOT AFFORD AN ACCENT.  I HAD $4000 TO SPEND AND THIS IS WHAT I GOT.  I LOVE MY CAR, BUT IT HAS SOME ISSUES.  THEY ARE QUIRKS,

2o6

Quote from: CJ on January 01, 2009, 08:35:45 PM
I COULD NOT AFFORD AN ACCENT.  I HAD $4000 TO SPEND AND THIS IS WHAT I GOT.  I LOVE MY CAR, BUT IT HAS SOME ISSUES.  THEY ARE QUIRKS,

:rolleyes:

Virtually, the same price.

What's your excuse? YOU DON'T GOTS ONE, SUCKA.

CJ

Quote from: 2o6 on January 01, 2009, 08:37:12 PM
:rolleyes:

Virtually, the same price.

What's your excuse? YOU DON'T GOTS ONE, SUCKA.

I didn't want one.  They're just too small.  That and we had a red rental Accent when my brother had a wreck in the Camry.  I hated it.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: CJ on January 01, 2009, 08:39:43 PM

I didn't want one.  They're just too small.  That and we had a red rental Accent when my brother had a wreck in the Camry.  I hated it.

No kidding. That generation Accent is a generally not very pleasing to drive, ride in, sit in, or be within ten-feet of. Volvo wins this round by a mile.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CJ

Quote from: NACar on January 01, 2009, 08:42:37 PM
No kidding. That generation Accent is a generally not very pleasing to drive, ride in, sit in, or be within ten-feet of. Volvo wins this round by a mile.

Thank you.

2o6

Quote from: CJ on January 01, 2009, 08:39:43 PM

METRO, FOOL.

2o6

CJ

2o6

Quote from: CJ on January 01, 2009, 08:48:08 PM

Once you start driving, you'll understand. 

I'm oh so close............

Winter, Hurry Up and end!

the Teuton

For $4,000, I'd go with...well, I won't talk.  My troll is showing.

2o6

Quote from: the Teuton on January 01, 2009, 08:50:08 PM
For $4,000, I'd go with...well, I won't talk.  My troll is showing.

There's surgery for that.

sparkplug

Quote from: hotrodalex on December 31, 2008, 03:31:28 PM
Just because your 75 doesn't mean you can't drive something smaller. I'm sure a Honda Fit would be a fine car for that situation.

A lot of older folks feel comfortable in big rear-wheel drive cars. I do know an 85+ year old woman who drives a cavalier. They drive what they can afford.
Getting stoned, one stone at a time.

AutobahnSHO

pfft.

I parallel this crap MYSELF-

--The one in the back. I haven't had a chance yet to parallel the Subaru. But w/ AWD, I could parallel it IN THE DIRT.  ;-)
Will

ChrisV

Quote from: NACar on January 01, 2009, 08:42:37 PM

Once again, I had one, Not all that bad. It was bought as a dirt cheap commuter car for my wife, when she got a job 45 minutes away in the opposite direction (so we couldn't commute together). Sold it when she got a job next to mine again. But I drove it a lot. Peppy for what it was, reasonably comfortable, handled decent.

Probably should've kept it. It's one of the reasons I like the new Accent hatchback.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

AutobahnSHO

People forget that a car is supposed to get your butt from point A to point B.

SURE it's NICE to have cupholders, stereo, 5ft of legroom, DVD, 18way power adjust seats, power mirrors so you don't (gasp!) adjust them by hand, 5ft of ground clearance, a/c, etc...

But do you Really Need them?

If I were buying a new (commuter) car I would seriously consider a Hyundai. They're pretty solid.
I didn't buy one this last time because my #1 criteria was: small wagon. Took what I could find, although I would probably prefer the Subaru anyway..
Will

Atomic

just another gimmick that i doubt will attract many buyers. i always thought four wheel steering would be great, but that hasn't really caught on either.

Tave

I can't wait until cars run on full autopilot and I can pour myself a glass of brandy, fall asleep to a nap (with an eclipse-rated tint on the windows), and wake up 1,000 miles across the country.

Don't get me wrong. I'd never loose the urge to flip the switch back to manual and let loose, or even control it day-to-day, but man, this technology is taking it to the next level.

Bravo Ford.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Nethead

Active Park Assist:  Enabling the decrepit to endanger us all...

What a serious piece of shit.

So many stairs...so little time...