BMW gives the go ahead for 5-Series GT

Started by SVT666, January 01, 2009, 12:52:12 AM

sportyaccordy

Quote from: the Teuton on January 02, 2009, 08:38:46 PM
It'll look something like this, right?

Yes but with 4 doors and a retractable hard top

850CSi

Quote from: MX793 on January 02, 2009, 08:35:45 PM
I have an idea for a vehicle.  This will be a Z4 variant called the BMW XZ4 GT "Sport Heritage Intelligent Tourer".  It'll have a taller, crossover-like ride height than the standard Z4 roadster and xDrive AWD, making it easier to get into and out of and adding the utility that sports roadster owners are looking for.

:lol:

Raza

From the spy pictures, it doesn't look awful, but I must say that when I think of my requirements for the ultimate driving machine, small tables don't make the list.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

AltinD

Quote from: Raza  on January 04, 2009, 09:27:02 PM
From the spy pictures, it doesn't look awful, but I must say that when I think of my requirements for the ultimate driving machine, small tables don't make the list.

Yeah ... but big cupholders do!

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Raza

Quote from: AltinD on January 07, 2009, 09:26:25 AM
Yeah ... but big cupholders do!

Just big enough for a 12oz can! 

But the Red Bull can holder in my car is awesome.  I wish I had the cupholders of the Passat (they had these little knobby spring things that held smaller items in place, the Jetta's doesn't), but the Red Bull can holder has often come in handy!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

AltinD

Quote from: Raza  on January 07, 2009, 02:46:22 PM
Just big enough for a 12oz can! 

But the Red Bull can holder in my car is awesome.  I wish I had the cupholders of the Passat (they had these little knobby spring things that held smaller items in place, the Jetta's doesn't), but the Red Bull can holder has often come in handy!

My old Passat (same as yours) had the RB can holder and it was indeed great. The new one has adjustable "... little knobby spring things ..." that are still nice but the RB can stays a little loose in there.

Raza

Quote from: AltinD on January 09, 2009, 02:09:36 PM
My old Passat (same as yours) had the RB can holder and it was indeed great. The new one has adjustable "... little knobby spring things ..." that are still nice but the RB can stays a little loose in there.

The new Passat doesn't have the Red Bull can holder?  That was such a cool feature in cupholder technology.  Way better than my flimsy flippy twisty thing from my Mercedes.  Add those knobby spring things to my Jetta cupholders, and they'd be perfect.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Laconian

Did your MB sport the "cup-holding plastic indentations"?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

850CSi

Not a fan of the cup holders in my car, but they get the job done.

Not a fan of this retarded 5-series GT concept either. It's like the designers are getting bored. Is BMW actually making money on the X6, by the way?

MX793

Quote from: 850CSi on January 10, 2009, 02:46:23 AM
Not a fan of the cup holders in my car, but they get the job done.

Not a fan of this retarded 5-series GT concept either. It's like the designers are getting bored. Is BMW actually making money on the X6, by the way?

X6 must be doing OK, I read that they're going to be making an M version.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

AltinD

Quote from: Raza  on January 09, 2009, 05:39:53 PM
The new Passat doesn't have the Red Bull can holder? 

Actually the NA models have it, but not the European ones in my car which looks like this *:

* Not an actual picture

* Actual picture