Why we chase

Started by rohan, January 04, 2009, 06:45:06 AM

Catman

Quote from: dazzleman on January 18, 2009, 11:08:17 PM
The stripe should be gold.  It can be white, but gold is better.

Honestly, I don't know how widespread the stripe intimidation factor is.  But I remember my heart skipped a beat when the unmarked car pulled up behind me (I didn't realize it was a cop at that point), and the door opened, the leg emerged, and I saw the stripe.  That was my first indication that I might be in a little bit of trouble.  (Luckily, I wasn't).

Our uniforms are navy blue and the pants have a black stripe which is not very visible. :huh:  We used to have blue piping but the black looks better.

J86

Here's a photo of my state police uniforms (taken in my home sweet home incidentally!)  Red stripe down the side is appropriately intimidating!

dazzleman

Quote from: Catman on January 19, 2009, 04:10:03 PM
Our uniforms are navy blue and the pants have a black stripe which is not very visible. :huh:  We used to have blue piping but the black looks better.

I've seen navy blue uniforms with light blue stripes.  The cops in my town have gold stripes with navy blue uniforms, IIRC.  I think the gold looks pretty sharp, as long as I'm not looking at it in the rear view mirror when I'm pulled over..... :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Catman

Quote from: J86 on January 19, 2009, 05:03:35 PM
Here's a photo of my state police uniforms (taken in my home sweet home incidentally!)  Red stripe down the side is appropriately intimidating!

All they need is a proper badge. :huh:

bing_oh

Quote from: Catman on January 19, 2009, 08:17:38 PM
All they need is a proper badge. :huh:

It's Rhode Island. They're not big enough to get badges. :devil:

The brown leather gear is interesting. I can't think of many departments with brown as opposed to black.

bing_oh

Quote from: sparkplug on January 19, 2009, 01:07:14 AM
Ok ok ok ok. No more donuts chokes.

Those gold stripes are actually reflective stripes for officer safety at night, I believe. It'd be good for you to have them just for that. I don't like leo's getting hit by cars even if they're ruthless ticket writers who search vehicles for twinkies.

That's not funny, man. Those mass produced cream-filled pastries are some serious shit. I had a buddy who took a swiss cake roll in the chest. Thank God his vest was rated for Little Debbie products! If it had been a ho-ho or ding dong, he might not have been as lucky.

I confiscate Twinkies whenever I find them. It's a safety issue...there's no reason for the general public to have access to that caliber of snack food.

Catman

Quote from: bing_oh on January 20, 2009, 01:35:46 AM

The brown leather gear is interesting. I can't think of many departments with brown as opposed to black.

US Park Service uses that dark brown (forget the official color).

J86

'ey!  All I can say is, the gray w/ red stripe and that sweet hat have plenty of intimidation factor when stepping out of the CV (or the goddamn unmarked Intrepids that they use to terrorize commuters on I-95!)

Soup DeVille

Quote from: bing_oh on January 20, 2009, 04:24:44 AM
That's not funny, man. Those mass produced cream-filled pastries are some serious shit. I had a buddy who took a swiss cake roll in the chest. Thank God his vest was rated for Little Debbie products! If it had been a ho-ho or ding dong, he might not have been as lucky.

I confiscate Twinkies whenever I find them. It's a safety issue...there's no reason for the general public to have access to that caliber of snack food.

That would explain my 'fig newton' incident.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

What those uniforms say to me is "you are now probably dealing with a crazy person, don't do anything to provoke him."
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

AutobahnSHO

That and "I could have picked the OTHER color today..."
Will

J86

well I can see you all aren't equally intimidated. :lol:

Laconian

How can you call those uniforms when each person is wearing a different outfit? Hardly a uniform appearance!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

hounddog

I can think of at least four sheriff departments here that still use the Clarino High-Gloss brown, and have matching shoes to go with it.

Honestly, the red stripe just looks comical to me.  Sorry, just to me they look more like bell-hops than police officers.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

bing_oh

Quote from: hounddog on January 21, 2009, 10:41:16 PM
I can think of at least four sheriff departments here that still use the Clarino High-Gloss brown, and have matching shoes to go with it.

There's not a single department I can think of in midwest Ohio that uses brown (not to say that they don't exist, but I sure can't think of any). Pretty much everybody is black, with many departments dropping leather all together for nylon. Not to say there's anything wrong with the brown...with the right uniform, it'd look pretty classy.

Tave

Personally, the cherries on the top of the cruiser intimidate me more than the dude's duds, you fashion pansies. :evildude:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

dazzleman

The duds are only an issue with unmarked cars.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!