Chrysler puts a bullet in the PT Cruiser

Started by rohan, January 18, 2009, 04:29:13 PM

dazzleman

Who's really acting like a 12-year-old here?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

TBR

Let's review, the original comment:
"They're an interesting looking car, but they're chick cars and don't drive that well. "

I don't really agree with this, but let's look at the response:
"That's about fucking stupid. I'm so tired of wannabe macho fuckers labelling things that they don't like as "chick cars." if you need your CAR to make your testosterone for you because you're not fucking manly enough to do it yourself, get that blinged out H2 and be done with it."

Now who's supposed to be the child again?

dazzleman

Back when saxonyron had a minivan, I told him he needed to check his balls at the door before he got in.  He's been furious with me ever since for that horrible insult.  And it was really ignorant too.  With such a level of ignorance, I don't know how the world even functions.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

TBR

Ron doesn't have a minivan and I don't think he ever has?

280Z Turbo

Quote from: dazzleman on January 19, 2009, 11:40:49 AM
Back when saxonyron had a minivan, I told him he needed to check his balls at the door before he got in.  He's been furious with me ever since for that horrible insult.  And it was really ignorant too.  With such a level of ignorance, I don't know how the world even functions.

I blame the PT Cruiser for Obama getting elected.

The Pirate

Quote from: TBR on January 19, 2009, 11:41:56 AM
Ron doesn't have a minivan and I don't think he ever has?

He had a Ford Windstar prior the first Expedition.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TBR

2o6

Quote from: ChrisV on January 19, 2009, 11:37:04 AM
Because, he's doing it specifically to push buttons, not just out of near total ignorance.

Fine. If you want to be a bunch of fucking 12 year olds, go right ahead.

It just makes for a few more people who are not worth listening to when it comes to cars. Wimmer's pictures from Europe are great, but there are fewer and fewer people that seem to actually know what they are talking about when it comes to cars on here.

No wonder we're going to get the government we deserve.

Well, people are so stuck in their set definition of what makes a car, lots of people are unwilling to try anything new with an open mind. If it doesn't fit their set defenitnon of what makes it "good" then it's a failure on in their book.

280Z Turbo

Oh no!

2o6 is trying to join Chris V in a "We like crappy cars" jerk circle!

Tave

Quote from: 2o6 on January 19, 2009, 11:46:24 AM

Well, people are so stuck in their set definition of what makes a car, lots of people are unwilling to try anything new with an open mind. If it doesn't fit their set defenitnon of what makes it "good" then it's a failure on in their book.

You're missing the point. People don't have a problem with his opinions; they have a problem with how he expresses them.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

2o6

Quote from: Tave on January 19, 2009, 11:48:31 AM
You're missing the point. People don't have a problem with his opinions; they have a problem with how he expresses them.

I do agree that there is too much attitude in his posts, especially when you're going against the tide, so to speak, when you like something that a lot of people don't.

Soup DeVille

Wow, did this blow up.

Like it or not, there are crappyt cars in the world. There are crappy cars that people love and crappy cars that people hate, and there are good cars that people hate for no good reason.

I think the PT falls into that last category. I would buy one over a Caliber even today, even if I had to pay a little more; even if the styling is considered 'dated,' (which I don't agree with). I've never spent much seat time in one, but inb the little experience I had it didn't strike me as lacking in any serious way.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

TBR

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 19, 2009, 11:51:00 AM
Wow, did this blow up.

Like it or not, there are crappyt cars in the world. There are crappy cars that people love and crappy cars that people hate, and there are good cars that people hate for no good reason.

I think the PT falls into that last category. I would buy one over a Caliber even today, even if I had to pay a little more; even if the styling is considered 'dated,' (which I don't agree with). I've never spent much seat time in one, but inb the little experience I had it didn't strike me as lacking in any serious way.

I think it's a pretty good car. Now I wouldn't buy one new (they completely got rid of the 5-spd and I imagine resale value is horrendous plus there's the Mazda5 to consider), but it is a better car than the HHR and is more practical than cars like the Spectra5 and Mazda3 5-door.

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

2o6

Quote from: TBR on January 19, 2009, 11:39:49 AM
Let's review, the original comment:
"They're an interesting looking car, but they're chick cars and don't drive that well. "

I don't really agree with this, but let's look at the response:
"That's about fucking stupid. I'm so tired of wannabe macho fuckers labelling things that they don't like as "chick cars." if you need your CAR to make your testosterone for you because you're not fucking manly enough to do it yourself, get that blinged out H2 and be done with it."

Now who's supposed to be the child again?

CHrisV is angry that the first poster doesn't know what he's talking about. Still, it didn't warrant that response.

TBR

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 19, 2009, 11:53:33 AM
They did?  well, that sucks.

As far as I can tell it isn't available with the Turbo or the NA 2.4.

They also only have the LP Turbo available now (previously a slightly detuned SRT4 engine was available).

TBR

Quote from: 2o6 on January 19, 2009, 11:54:46 AM
CHrisV is angry that the first poster doesn't know what he's talking about. Still, it didn't warrant that response.

Really? I don't see anything terribly out of line in that post. Compared to the cars Dazzle has experience with the PT doesn't drive that well.

2o6

Quote from: TBR on January 19, 2009, 11:56:50 AM
Really? I don't see anything terribly out of line in that post. Compared to the cars Dazzle has experience with the PT doesn't drive that well.

Well, you can't compare a Civic to a BMW..............oh wait, these days you can.

Still, ChrisV's post is out of line.

CJ

Quote from: 2o6 on January 19, 2009, 11:35:09 AM
Was that the same one that Wrecked a Honda Fit?

She got a 2009 Fit Sport 5-speed.

SVT666

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 19, 2009, 11:53:33 AM
They did?  well, that sucks.
Careful.  Didn't you know that shifting accounts for less then 2% of your actual driving, therefore an automatic is just as much fun?  Neither did I.

2o6

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 19, 2009, 12:03:33 PM
Careful.  Didn't you know that shifting accounts for less then 2% of your actual driving, therefore an automatic is just as much fun?  Neither did I.

Was that one of ChrisV's posts?  :confused:

SVT666

Quote from: ChrisV on January 19, 2009, 10:29:43 AM
Fuck you, you fucking moron. I've said time and time again that it isn't about merely disliking something. When are you going to get smart enough to figure out what it is actually about (which I've also stated time and time again?)
:lol:

This response was awesome Chris.  It is so level headed and mature I almost didn't believe it was you.

ChrisV

Quote from: TBR on January 19, 2009, 11:56:50 AM

Actually, it was the comment that it was a chick car that doesn't drive very well. I've owned and driven cars that make Dazzle's sedan feel like a wallowy pig, and I don't say the PT OR Dazzle's car drives bad. Both comments together show both a lack of knowledge of the subject AND a desire to be insulting about it (because he took the time to type out the comment on a public forum)

If he had said something like, "too bad, but they never were my kind of car," none of this would have happened. But no one knows how to do that sort of thing anymore.

But, it's been proven time and again that what's desired here, what's accepted here, and what's covered for here is whatever baseless negative opinion that can be made.

What the hell. Instead of battling against ignorance and insulting commentary, I'll just join in and see what it's like to be part of the "hip crowd" here. I'll have to make up reasons to insult things other people might like, but that' never been a problem for many of you guys, so I should be able to do it, too.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

ChrisV

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 19, 2009, 12:04:40 PM
:lol:

This response was awesome Chris.  It is so level headed and mature I almost didn't believe it was you.

There's a reason it's called "adult language."

And until you show that you can use more than one brain cell at a time, I'll reiterate: Fuck you.

ChrisV

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 19, 2009, 12:03:33 PM

Oh, and if you're going to quote things, then you might want to learn to quote them factually. Nice try.

Oh, and Fuck you.

TBR

Quote from: ChrisV on January 19, 2009, 12:07:39 PM
Actually, it was the comment that it was a chick car that doesn't drive very well. I've owned and driven cars that make Dazzle's sedan feel like a wallowy pig, and I don't say the PT OR Dazzle's car drives bad. Both comments together show both a lack of knowledge of the subject AND a desire to be insulting about it (because he took the time to type out the comment on a public forum)

If he had said something like, "too bad, but they never were my kind of car," none of this would have happened. But no one knows how to do that sort of thing anymore.

But, it's been proven time and again that what's desired here, what's accepted here, and what's covered for here is whatever baseless negative opinion that can be made.

What the hell. Instead of battling against ignorance and insulting commentary, I'll just join in and see what it's like to be part of the "hip crowd" here. I'll have to make up reasons to insult things other people might like, but that' never been a problem for many of you guys, so I should be able to do it, too.

Chick Car=Opinion
Drives Well=Opinion

Why are you the only one that's allowed to have opinions?

And, the ideal thing would be for you to just leave. You bring the whole Carspin experience down a notch since we never know when you'll have a temper tantrum like a little 2 year old who doesn't get his way.

ChrisV

Quote from: Tave on January 19, 2009, 11:48:31 AM

Or is it the hypocrite in you saying it's ok to express any negative opinion you want but not ok for me to respond back in kind?

This is the crux of it. People get mad at me expressing a negative opinion, by telling me I shouldn't get mad at someone expressing a negative opinion. I find that quite amusing.

2o6

Quote from: ChrisV on January 19, 2009, 12:18:18 PM
Or is it the hypocrite in you saying it's ok to express any negative opinion you want but not ok for me to respond back in kind?

This is the crux of it. People get mad at me expressing a negative opinion, by telling me I shouldn't get mad at someone expressing a negative opinion. I find that quite amusing.

"I don't like that, It sucks" is better than you blasting the F-word in every sentence.

ChrisV

Quote from: TBR on January 19, 2009, 12:13:26 PM
Chick Car=Opinion
Drives Well=Opinion

Why are you the only one that's allowed to have opinions?

Again, you're telling me that it's OK for someone to post an opinion, as long as it isn't ME posting an opinion? That's hypocritical.

And again, why is everyone EXCEPT me allowed to have a negative opinion of anything? It's quite ok for anyone to post any negative and insulting opinion, and they are supported and cheered on, but if I do it in response, all fucking hell breaks loose as to how this big bad meany isn't letting the poor innocent children have their opinion.

And, the ideal thing would be for you to just leave. You bring the whole Carspin experience down a notch since we never know when you'll have a temper tantrum like a little 2 year old who doesn't get his way.

you're right. 'cause unfounded negative opinion and insulting cars because they aren't your favorite is exactly what Carspin is all about.

Glad to see what you support.