Chrysler puts a bullet in the PT Cruiser

Started by rohan, January 18, 2009, 04:29:13 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: ChrisV on January 19, 2009, 01:09:44 PM
I HATE M&M cookies. There's no reason to make them.

You're right, this IS fun!

When's the next meeting?

Fuck you. I love M&M cookies. If you don't like them, you're an ass.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

dazzleman

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: 2o6 on January 19, 2009, 01:18:40 PM

That's the last thing this forum needs. I have to agree with chrisV to some extent, there isn't a very diverse bunch here.

I ate some mexican food one time, i'm pretty diverse.

2o6

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on January 19, 2009, 01:19:37 PM
I ate some mexican food one time, i'm pretty diverse.

Until you use the restroom, that is.

dazzleman

Quote from: NACar on January 19, 2009, 01:18:45 PM

I'm outraged.  ChrisV has personally insulted every single person who likes M&Ms.  I've had enough of it.  Just because he didn't know I like M&Ms doesn't mean that it wasn't a vile personal insult.  I don't know why that sort of thing is tolerated here.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: 2o6 on January 19, 2009, 01:18:40 PM

That's the last thing this forum needs. I have to agree with chrisV to some extent, there isn't a very diverse bunch here.

Diversity is highly overrated.

2o6

dazzleman

Quote from: 2o6 on January 19, 2009, 01:22:07 PM
A little contrast makes things fun.

I know.  I'm just pushing buttons, since I just discovered I have a great talent for it.  Why not go after another sacred cow?  :devil:

ChrisV

Quote from: dazzleman on January 19, 2009, 01:13:08 PM
A truly open-minded person would never consider the term 'chick car' to be an insult. Why is it an insult to point out the fact that more women than men favor a particular car, and how is that insulting to any particular man who likes that car?

That's revisionist. The term IS an insult in common usage.

Did you in fact use the term to denote a positive reason to buy or own the car? Did you use the term to indicate that you liked the car because you feel more women buy it than men?

Your second sentence has no bearing on the first.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Soup DeVille

So, what is the politically correct term for a vehicle that appeals more to female drivers?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

ChrisV

Quote from: NACar on January 19, 2009, 01:18:45 PM

Only chicks make/eat M&M cookies.

ChrisV

Quote from: dazzleman on January 19, 2009, 01:20:44 PM
I'm outraged.  ChrisV has personally insulted every single person who likes M&Ms.  I've had enough of it.  Just because he didn't know I like M&Ms doesn't mean that it wasn't a vile personal insult.  I don't know what that sort of thing is tolerated here.

Now you're getting into the spirit.

2o6

Quote from: ChrisV on January 19, 2009, 01:23:17 PM

Did you in fact use the term to denote a positive reason to buy or own the car? Did you use the term to indicate that you liked the car because you feel more women buy it than men?

So "chick flick" is a bad term?  :rolleyes:

Sometimes things are geared for women, or are bought for women. I hardly think that because Tampax doesn't make tampons for men, Tampax is being sexist.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on January 19, 2009, 01:25:43 PM

Sometimes things are geared for women, or are bought for women. I hardly think that because Tampax doesn't make tampons for men, Tampax is being sexist.

Good point. PT Cruisers look just like tampons.

dazzleman

Quote from: ChrisV on January 19, 2009, 01:23:17 PM

Clearly, you don't have enough to occupy your mind these days.

ChrisV

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 19, 2009, 01:24:13 PM
So, what is the politically correct term for a vehicle that appeals more to female drivers?

Camry.

(oooh, this IS fun!)

ChrisV

Quote from: dazzleman on January 19, 2009, 01:26:49 PM
Clearly, you don't have enough to occupy your mind these days.

Yeah, I work for the government. You do the math.

And it's snowing outside and so I'm sitting in front of the computer.

dazzleman

Eye of the Tiger

2o6

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on January 19, 2009, 01:27:32 PM

Maybe it's the picture, but does that Limo look like it's dipping in the center?

ChrisV

Quote from: 2o6 on January 19, 2009, 01:25:43 PM

If you're trying to insult a guy for watching one, yes.

Your statement has no bearing on the argument here. For example, Miatas were not made for, nor geared towards women, so calling them a chick car is not merely aknowledging that women like them, is it? It's like saying that the only reason someone would buy any Corvette is because they are compensating. I even got that one when I had my RX7 race car. I was actually told that the only reason to build a car like that was because I was compensating for something.

dazzleman

Quote from: ChrisV on January 19, 2009, 01:34:26 PM
If you're trying to insult a guy for watching one, yes.

Your statement has no bearing on the argument here. For example, Miatas were not made for, nor geared towards women, so calling them a chick car is not merely aknowledging that women like them, is it? It's like saying that the only reason someone would buy any Corvette is because they are compensating. I even got that one when I had my RX7 race car. I was actually told that the only reason to build a car like that was because I was compensating for something.

I'll never listen to your opinions again after what you said about M&Ms.  Did you even know that I order cake batter ice cream every week at ColdStone, with M&Ms and Nestle's cruch in it?  Your attack on M&Ms cuts right to the bone, and insults me deeply.  I'm going to ask the forum administration to ban you for it.
:devil:

BimmerM3

Maybe you missed my last post, so I'll say it again:

Fuck man, he apologized. What more do you want?

dazzleman

Quote from: BimmerM3 on January 19, 2009, 01:38:19 PM
Maybe you missed my last post, so I'll say it again:

Fuck man, he apologized. What more do you want?

Whom are you talking to?

No reason to end the exchange.  It's become a lot of fun.  :lol:

ChrisV

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on January 19, 2009, 01:27:32 PM

lol!

Of course, you found a couple pink ones, so they must ALL be chick cars! How could I have not seen that?

dazzleman

I want that Saab 900 that you posted, Chris.... :ohyeah:

BimmerM3

Quote from: dazzleman on January 19, 2009, 01:40:16 PM
Whom are you talking to?

No reason to end the exchange.  It's become a lot of fun.  :lol:

I was talking to Chris, and I mean it as an actual question. I'm not really sure what he expects us to do to appease him.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: BimmerM3 on January 19, 2009, 01:42:41 PM
I was talking to Chris, and I mean it as an actual question. I'm not really sure what he expects us to do to appease him.

Just admit that PT Cruisers are the manly man's car of choice.