Chrysler puts a bullet in the PT Cruiser

Started by rohan, January 18, 2009, 04:29:13 PM

ChrisV

Quote from: BimmerM3 on January 19, 2009, 01:38:19 PM
Maybe you missed my last post, so I'll say it again:

Fuck man, he apologized. What more do you want?

I realize that. He essentially said "I'm sorry for getting caught." Now we're discussing why one makes statements like that to start with, and why it's acceptable to do so.

Oh, and M&M cookies.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

dazzleman

Quote from: BimmerM3 on January 19, 2009, 01:42:41 PM
I was talking to Chris, and I mean it as an actual question. I'm not really sure what he expects us to do to appease him.

There's no reason to appease him.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

ChrisV

Quote from: dazzleman on January 19, 2009, 01:36:46 PM
I'll never listen to your opinions again after what you said about M&Ms.  Did you even know that I order cake batter ice cream every week at ColdStone, with M&Ms and Nestle's cruch in it?  Your attack on M&Ms cuts right to the bone, and insults me deeply.  I'm going to ask the forum administration to ban you for it.
:devil:

Your experience with M&Ms is not relevant. What, I can't have an opinion about M&Ms without someone who actually knows something coming along and telling me I'm wrong? YOU need to be banned for being a know-it-all.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

280Z Turbo

A flesh colored E-type is definately not a woman's car. :mask:

dazzleman

Quote from: ChrisV on January 19, 2009, 01:45:25 PM
Your experience with M&Ms is not relevant. What, I can't have an opinion about M&Ms without someone who actually knows something coming along and telling me I'm wrong? YOU need to be banned for being a know-it-all.

NO, you're not allowed to express an opinion if there's any chance that anybody reading the public forum, including guests, might find that opinion offensive.  You really need to be more sensitive to the feelings of others, instead of just running your mouth, ESPECIALLY when you can't back your opinion up with facts.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 2o6 on January 19, 2009, 01:29:19 PM

Maybe it's the picture, but does that Limo look like it's dipping in the center?

Almost all do, its just more noticeable on that one. There are probably people sitting in it.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

dazzleman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 19, 2009, 01:47:13 PM
Almost all do, its just more noticeable on that one. There are probably people sitting in it.

Just proves what crappy, chick cars they are..... :devil:

Gotta-Qik-C7

Soup DeVille

Quote from: dazzleman on January 19, 2009, 01:47:42 PM
Just proves what crappy, chick cars they are..... :devil:

I was talking about limos, you heathen towelhead.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Gotta-Qik-C7

dazzleman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 19, 2009, 01:49:03 PM
I was talking about limos, you heathen towelhead.

:lol: :lol:
I've decided to insult limos too now.  They're dumbass chick cars too.  Fuck you, you fucking moron.... :devil:

ChrisV

Quote from: NACar on January 19, 2009, 01:43:21 PM
Just admit that PT Cruisers are the manly man's car of choice.

No, it's really simple. Stop insulting things just because they aren't your favorites. That's really all it is. I have favorites, everyone has favorites, and I sincerely hope that they aren't all the same. That would be boring. But there is this horrible propensity to be incredibly insulting and offhand about things that aren't our favorites. You guys do it to 2o6 constantly. So he likes and posts about Chinese cars. This is a car forum, no better place to post them where those of us who don't know about them can learn about them. We don't necessarily have to LIKE them or gain new favorites out of it, or even pay attention to it, but the constant insulting of him and the cars is stupid.

Have you ever seen me actually insult or denigrate a car or a person's choice in cars?

What I'm on about here is not just one or two car, but a widespread symptom of a larger issue. And it's certainly not about being upset that people like different things than I.

No, in the grand scheme of things, the attitude towards particular cars isn't important (well, maybe it is to the automakers, and the propensity to be insulting and hateful is one of the driving forces behind our current situation). But we ARE on a car forum, in a small corner of the universe, and removing hatred and ignorance on the subject is kind of what it's about here.

Byteme

Quote from: ChrisV on January 19, 2009, 01:03:47 PM
I may have used the F bomb a few times in this thread, but overall, I rarely use it here.

As for the rest? Yeah. You nailed it. How insightful. In fact, I'm completely lying about my experience. I mean, why would anyone actually like cars enough to spend their lives actually TRYING to learn things about them and experience such a wide variety? No one would. Real people hate anything outside a narrow band of favorites. In fact, to have real experience would be worthless in this modern world.

No, you got it entirely. In fact, I only got on the internet to go find a few places where people say they were interested in cars JUST to tell them they were stupid. There would be no reason for me to look around the world to see if there was a community of people that actually liked cars. I would actually have to like cars a lot and have experience in a lot of different genres to want to do that, and as we've already determined, no one could actually possess those attributes.

So, as I said earlier in the thread, I'm going to join your club here and run around hating on cars with reckless abandon, and arguing with anyone who might have more experience with any car than I (since it's been determined that not only do I not really have any experience, having experience is a bad thing. Wouldn't want to be marked down as a know it all just for mentioning you have experience). I'm hoping it'll be as fun as you all make it out to be.
]
Whatever floats your boat Chris.   :rolleyes:

dazzleman

There's a difference between making a comment about a car, and insulting a person because of the cars he likes.  I think you're missing that distinction.

GoCougs

Quote from: ChrisV on January 19, 2009, 01:56:59 PM
No, it's really simple. Stop insulting things just because they aren't your favorites. That's really all it is. I have favorites, everyone has favorites, and I sincerely hope that they aren't all the same. That would be boring. But there is this horrible propensity to be incredibly insulting and offhand about things that aren't our favorites. You guys do it to 2o6 constantly. So he likes and posts about Chinese cars. This is a car forum, no better place to post them where those of us who don't know about them can learn about them. We don't necessarily have to LIKE them or gain new favorites out of it, or even pay attention to it, but the constant insulting of him and the cars is stupid.

Have you ever seen me actually insult or denigrate a car or a person's choice in cars?

What I'm on about here is not just one or two car, but a widespread symptom of a larger issue. And it's certainly not about being upset that people like different things than I.

No, in the grand scheme of things, the attitude towards particular cars isn't important (well, maybe it is to the automakers, and the propensity to be insulting and hateful is one of the driving forces behind our current situation). But we ARE on a car forum, in a small corner of the universe, and removing hatred and ignorance on the subject is kind of what it's about here.

Ha! What a lame, naked attempt at justifying demand-side demagoguery.

ChrisV

Quote from: dazzleman on January 19, 2009, 01:47:01 PM
NO, you're not allowed to express an opinion if there's any chance that anybody reading the public forum, including guests, might find that opinion offensive.  You really need to be more sensitive to the feelings of others, instead of just running your mouth, ESPECIALLY when you can't back your opinion up with facts.

Facts aren't important. It's my right to state my opinion, no matter how hateful and tactless it may be.

dazzleman

Quote from: ChrisV on January 19, 2009, 02:00:01 PM
Facts aren't important. It's my right to state my opinion, no matter how hateful and tactless it may be.

That's right.  And the M&M comment is actually worse than my chick car comment about PT Cruisers, since more people eat M&Ms than ever drove PT Cruisers.

2o6

This post would have been more relevant a few pages ago before the horrible screaming and cursing.

ChrisV

Quote from: dazzleman on January 19, 2009, 01:59:44 PM
There's a difference between making a comment about a car, and insulting a person because of the cars he likes.  I think you're missing that distinction.

The implication is "this _____ is stupid, and anyone who likes it is stupid for liking it, because if they were as smart as I, then they would find it stupid as well and would not like it, either."

People are doing this to each other over in the DSL thread.

Byteme

Quote from: ChrisV on January 19, 2009, 02:00:01 PM

You seem to exercize your rights quite a lot around here.

ChrisV

Quote from: 2o6 on January 19, 2009, 02:04:20 PM

This post would have been more relevant a few pages ago before the horrible screaming and cursing.

I've posted it it dozens of times over the years. Posts like that are routinely ignored. The cursing never gets ignored.

ChrisV

Quote from: Byteme on January 19, 2009, 02:05:48 PM

methinks you have been ignoring the call and response that dazzle and I have been having, taking up the opposite sides. I've been specifically taking up the talking points of the opposite side, as has he. That's one of them.

Eye of the Tiger

Yin-yang.
There can't be good cars unless there are bad cars.
If we remove hatred and ignorance, we also remove love and ignorance.
No more hating cars that you haven't owned or driven,
and no more loving cars that you haven't owned or driven.
No more enthusiasts. Let's all buy Camrys.

Byteme

Quote from: ChrisV on January 19, 2009, 02:07:59 PM
methinks you have been ignoring the call and response that dazzle and I have been having, taking up the opposite sides. I've been specifically taking up the talking points of the opposite side, as has he. That's one of them.

Regardless, I stand by my statement.

ChrisV

Quote from: NACar on January 19, 2009, 02:12:26 PM
Ying-yang.
There can't be good cars unless there are bad cars.
If we remove hatred and ignorance, we also remove love and ignorance.
No more hating cars that you haven't owned or driven,
and no more loving cars that you haven't owned or driven.
No more enthusiasts. Let's all buy Camrys.

Not true.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: ChrisV on January 19, 2009, 02:17:48 PM
Not true.

What, you don't like Chinese philosophy? Well, I don't' like Chinese cars!  :evildude:

ChrisV

Quote from: Byteme on January 19, 2009, 02:05:48 PM
Quote from: Byteme on January 19, 2009, 02:12:43 PM
Regardless, I stand by my statement.

Point out where I have done so as much or more than anyone else. And point out where I have said/done anything negative that was not in response to something negative. In fact, point out where I have done so in response to EVERY negative statement. Do you see me involved in political threads here much? In boating threads? In housing threads? Photography threads? Even in the chat thread?

No, John. You are incorrect. In fact, this is pretty rare overall. In fact, the bulk of my posts are not of this nature.