Chrysler puts a bullet in the PT Cruiser

Started by rohan, January 18, 2009, 04:29:13 PM

dazzleman

Some things are worth fighting over.  The PT Cruiser is definitely one of them.... :ohyeah:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: ChrisV on January 19, 2009, 01:56:59 PM
No, it's really simple. Stop insulting things just because they aren't your favorites. That's really all it is. I have favorites, everyone has favorites, and I sincerely hope that they aren't all the same. That would be boring. But there is this horrible propensity to be incredibly insulting and offhand about things that aren't our favorites. You guys do it to 2o6 constantly. So he likes and posts about Chinese cars. This is a car forum, no better place to post them where those of us who don't know about them can learn about them. We don't necessarily have to LIKE them or gain new favorites out of it, or even pay attention to it, but the constant insulting of him and the cars is stupid.

Have you ever seen me actually insult or denigrate a car or a person's choice in cars?

What I'm on about here is not just one or two car, but a widespread symptom of a larger issue. And it's certainly not about being upset that people like different things than I.

No, in the grand scheme of things, the attitude towards particular cars isn't important (well, maybe it is to the automakers, and the propensity to be insulting and hateful is one of the driving forces behind our current situation). But we ARE on a car forum, in a small corner of the universe, and removing hatred and ignorance on the subject is kind of what it's about here.

I like 206. Any ribbing I give him about his preferences is intended to be percievd as just good natured fun.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

dazzleman

Quote from: Soup DeVille on January 19, 2009, 02:28:47 PM
I like 206. Any ribbing I give him about his preferences is intended to be percievd as just good natured fun.

Exactly.  When guys are friendly with each other, they bust each other's balls.  If another guy won't bust my balls, I know right away he doesn't like me.  Men are not supposed to be oversensitive about ball-busting about nonserious issues.  Some of the guys I know are absolutely merciless in the way they treat their very good friends.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

FlatBlackCaddy

This isn't fun anymore, somebody better get banned because of this thread and i have a pretty good idea of who it should be.

ChrisV

Quote from: dazzleman on January 19, 2009, 02:28:01 PM
Some things are worth fighting over.  The PT Cruiser is definitely one of them.... :ohyeah:

*sigh* it has little to do with the actual PT Cruiser. I thought I covered that.

And the bit about

QuoteI'm so tired of wannabe macho fuckers labelling things that they don't like as "chick cars." if you need your CAR to make your testosterone for you because you're not fucking manly enough to do it yourself, get that blinged out H2 and be done with it.

wasn't specifically about the PT nor did it say I'm tired of YOU saying things like this. I'm tired of it IN GENERAL, and when a fairly respected poster makes the same exact statement, it's well past time to put a stop to it.it's been rampant far too long, and lately it's been getting worse and spreading from merely idiotic macho wannabes to supposedly knowledgeable enthusiasts.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

dazzleman

Quote from: ChrisV on January 19, 2009, 02:39:01 PM
*sigh* it has little to do with the actual PT Cruiser. I thought I covered that.

And the bit about

wasn't specifically about the PT nor did it say I'm tired of YOU saying things like this. I'm tired of it IN GENERAL, and when a fairly respected poster makes the same exact statement, it's well past time to put a stop to it.it's been rampant far too long, and lately it's been getting worse and spreading from merely idiotic macho wannabes to supposedly knowledgeable enthusiasts.

Thanks for calling me a respected poster.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: dazzleman on January 19, 2009, 02:44:46 PM
Thanks for calling me a respected poster.

;)

I think that was aimed at me.

I feel all tingly inside.

FlatBlackCaddy

I missed the "failry" part, so he was talking about you dazz.

CJ

My Algebra teacher drives a PT Cruiser.  She's also the cheerleader coach.

the Teuton

A teacher back in middle school had one.  He screwed the art teacher in the classroom.  One of my friends walked in on them.  They married one another after their affair.

He also liked to play TFG (touchy-feely-grabby) with some of the female students.  He was forced to retire.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

BimmerM3

Quote from: CJ on January 19, 2009, 03:09:50 PM
My Algebra teacher drives a PT Cruiser.  She's also the cheerleader coach.

There was a guy teacher at my middle school who had a purple PT with flames on the side. I think he taught science of some sort.

BimmerM3

Quote from: the Teuton on January 19, 2009, 03:13:36 PM
A teacher back in middle school had one.  He screwed the art teacher in the classroom.  One of my friends walked in on them.  They married one another after their affair.

He also liked to play TFG (touchy-feely-grabby) with some of the female students.  He was forced to retire.

I can pretty much top any creepy teacher story, although the fact that your friend actually witnessed it is interesting.

http://www.sovo.com/2004/7-30/news/localnews/cobb.cfm

Highlights:

-Student-teacher relationship between a female teacher and female student
-Relationship began in middle school (student was 13 or 14)
-Teacher transferred to high school the same year as student
-Teacher plead guilty
-20 year sentence

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

the Teuton

Quote from: MrH on January 19, 2009, 03:31:17 PM
One of which was 13-14....

What the fuck....

Hulk smash!

Sense of humor, no?

Onslaught

Shit, I wasn't even going to look at this thread because I'm not a PT fan. But it was so long I wanted to see what was going on.
Just a quick look and it looks like ChrisV is one of the reasons for all the hostility's?

MrH

Quote from: the Teuton on January 19, 2009, 03:35:01 PM
Hulk smash!

Sense of humor, no?

I picked up on a serious tone there.  I basically thought you'd be more inclined to be creepy than funny.  :evildude: :lol:
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

the Teuton

Quote from: MrH on January 19, 2009, 03:42:00 PM
I picked up on a serious tone there.  I basically thought you'd be more inclined to be creepy than funny.  :evildude: :lol:

My bad.  That one was my fault.

It isn't like women can get each other pregnant, though, so it's not terribly evil.   ;)

MrH

Quote from: the Teuton on January 19, 2009, 03:43:02 PM
My bad.  That one was my fault.

It isn't like women can get each other pregnant, though, so it's not terribly evil.   ;)

Gross none the less.  Necrophiliacs aren't getting anything pregnant either, but it's still gross.
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

the Teuton

Quote from: MrH on January 19, 2009, 04:07:11 PM
Gross none the less.  Necrophiliacs aren't getting anything pregnant either, but it's still gross.

And up until recently, it was still completely legal in some states.

NomisR

Well, considering that you can get a brand new one for less than 10k, I think they're a great deal for what they are.  I don't like them but you can't really lose on the price. 

Man, what happened to this thread, I saw it this morning and there's only 3 pages, now it exploded.

SVT666

Quote from: dazzleman on January 19, 2009, 01:50:53 PM
:lol: :lol:
I've decided to insult limos too now.  They're dumbass chick cars too.  Fuck you, you fucking moron.... :devil:
Actually I think I'm the fucking moron.

SVT666

You know what Chris?  Do you know how often I'm met with "Mustangs handle like pigs", "Mustangs have archaic suspension", etc?  Nobody on this forum can possibly say that I have ever freaked out and started swearing at them for their uninformed opinions.  I have presented evidence to the contrary, and some of them have changed their minds.  Yeah it gets old sometimes, but I argue it with facts and evidence.  If I lashed out at everyone on here the way you do, none of these guys would enjoy my presence the way do so obviously do.

NomisR

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 19, 2009, 04:53:51 PM
You know what Chris?  Do you know how often I'm met with "Mustangs handle like pigs", "Mustangs have archaic suspension", etc?  Nobody on this forum can possibly say that I have ever freaked out and started swearing at them for their uninformed opinions.  I have presented evidence to the contrary, and some of them have changed their minds.  Yeah it gets old sometimes, but I argue it with facts and evidence.  If I lashed out at everyone on here the way you do, none of these guys would enjoy my presence the way do so obviously do.

Well, at least without Trep here, nobody's going to say anything is someone bashes a Camry though.

SVT666

Quote from: NomisR on January 19, 2009, 05:01:54 PM
Well, at least without Trep here, nobody's going to say anything is someone bashes a Camry though.
if

dazzleman

JWC

Great thread.  What was the topic again?  PT Cruisers, Gay cars, chick cars or just claiming one is such?

It should be noted that the Mustang was originally advertised as the "secretary's car" when marketed.   The "boss" (not Springsteen) got the T-Bird.

Oh, and just to prove how old I am....Mazda did a demographic study of the RX-7 back in the late seventies and found that 60% of buyers were gay or female.

the Teuton

NomisR

Quote from: JWC on January 19, 2009, 05:15:06 PM
Great thread.  What was the topic again?  PT Cruisers, Gay cars, chick cars or just claiming one is such?

It should be noted that the Mustang was originally advertised as the "secretary's car" when marketed.   The "boss" (not Springsteen) got the T-Bird.

Oh, and just to prove how old I am....Mazda did a demographic study of the RX-7 back in the late seventies and found that 60% of buyers were gay or female.

Well, mostly chicks buys Mustangs so that holds true..

And no wonder the Rotary engines were blowing up, the chicks weren't checking the oil level causing them to die prematurely!

SVT666

Quote from: dazzleman on January 19, 2009, 05:11:34 PM
You are..... :evildude: :lol:
Ballbustin' is what friends do.......right?  Are you my friend?  If not, then that was just downright offensive.