BMW 325i Sport
4 (12.9%)
Honda S2000
6 (19.4%)
Infiniti G35 Coupe
12 (38.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

TBR

The financially sensible thing would be to fix what you have as it is highly unlikely you'll spend as much fixing it as any of these cars will cost.

2o6

Quote from: TBR on January 23, 2009, 03:06:02 PM
The financially sensible thing would be to fix what you have as it is highly unlikely you'll spend as much fixing it as any of these cars will cost.

A blown engine on a $1500 accord? His THIRD at that? Sometimes, people need to be irrational and illogical and shake things up.

Quote from: GoCougs on January 23, 2009, 02:33:07 PM
YOU ARE HOPELESS. I'M CONVINCED THAT YOU NEED THE DRAMA OF CAR PROBLEMS TO FEEL COMPLETE.

Since when are ANY of those cars listed reliability nightmares?

Raza

Quote from: NomisR on January 23, 2009, 02:53:15 PM
For 13k, you can probably find a similar year or maybe 2005 RSX-S that's in similar condition.  And you don't have to actually drive a Civic sedan.  I don't see anything wrong with that since it's a pretty strong reliable car.. it's basically a Civic!  And actually, when new, they cost almost the same.

No, you probably can't.  RSX prices are unusually strong across the board.  You can get a current generation Civic Si for cheaper than an older, higher mileage RSX-S.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

Quote from: 2o6 on January 23, 2009, 03:38:23 PM
A blown engine on a $1500 accord? His THIRD at that? Sometimes, people need to be irrational and illogical and shake things up.

So because he's made a mistake 3 times already he should make it again? Buying a car, even a used one, is not the way to save money.

NomisR

Quote from: Raza  on January 23, 2009, 03:39:32 PM
No, you probably can't.  RSX prices are unusually strong across the board.  You can get a current generation Civic Si for cheaper than an older, higher mileage RSX-S.

So I can get a good deal on my RSX? 

Raza

Quote from: NomisR on January 23, 2009, 03:49:24 PM
So I can get a good deal on my RSX? 

Probably.  I don't know your what yours looks like (year, mileage, condition), but if you sell it outside of Cali (people outside of California seem less image conscious) you could get a decent price out of it.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

NomisR

Quote from: Raza  on January 23, 2009, 03:51:24 PM
Probably.  I don't know your what yours looks like (year, mileage, condition), but if you sell it outside of Cali (people outside of California seem less image conscious) you could get a decent price out of it.

03, 53k, good condition, no dents, a few chips from when my mom drove it.. hmm, maybe I should.

Raza

Quote from: NomisR on January 23, 2009, 04:03:05 PM
03, 53k, good condition, no dents, a few chips from when my mom drove it.. hmm, maybe I should.

That's probably a 12-16K car, judging by 2002 and 2003 on Autotrader.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Raza  on January 23, 2009, 03:39:32 PM
No way, you can get an RSX-S for well under 10K.
Quote from: TBR on January 23, 2009, 03:06:02 PM
When I bought this car I almost immediately replaced the motor with a low-mileage JDM one. I haven't even driven the car long enough to warrant an oil change, and it seems to have died from an oil leak. The only money I'm putting back into this car is putting my stock motor back in to be able to sell a running car.

Looking into the G, it seems to have some serious oil consumption/leak issues. Def. don't want to go through that again, as much as I love the G. I know the K-series motors in the Accord/RSX/TSX are reliable as hell so that looks better. RSX is cheaper but I really like the TSX...

Rich

Why are you obsessed with having something reliable if you don't need to drive?
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Raza

I don't know.  You may live in a world of cheap RSX Type Ss, but I haven't seen anything under 10 grand with fewer than 100k miles.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  on January 23, 2009, 04:32:22 PM
I don't know.  You may live in a world of cheap RSX Type Ss, but I haven't seen anything under 10 grand with fewer than 100k miles.

Quote from: NACar on January 23, 2009, 12:35:06 PM
Is a G35 coupe really only 13k now? Not bad. I could go for that. I vote for this RSX Type S which is only $9900. A sporty-little RSX just seems more up your alley than some fancy-pants Infiniti.

But if you ask me about this whole thing, warranties are overrated, and I would avoid financing. If I was just rollin' in money, I probably wouldn't care; but if I was in a bind and stuck between fixing up a beater and financing a newer car, I'd fix the beater or buy another beater.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

2o6

What about a Yaris? It's new, and can be had CHEAPER than those cars. It's tiny and can be put anywhere!  :loopy:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on January 23, 2009, 04:35:21 PM
What about a Yaris? It's new, and can be had CHEAPER than those cars. It's tiny and can be put anywhere!  :loopy:

Quote from: 2o6 on January 23, 2009, 01:47:07 PM
You're boring. Please leave the thread immediately.

Raza

So they exist, but they are rare enough for me to wonder if something is wrong.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

2o6

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=17307.msg977863#msg977863 date=1232754159
So they exist, but they are rare enough for me to wonder if something is wrong.

It's all about where you're at, and how far you'll go to get it.

2o6

Quote from: NACar on January 23, 2009, 04:38:46 PM

Says the man with an even more spartan economy car, a Swift.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on January 23, 2009, 04:55:19 PM
Says the man with an even more spartan economy car, a Swift.

Says the little boy who doesn't even know how to drive.

2o6

Quote from: NACar on January 23, 2009, 04:56:31 PM
Says the little boy who doesn't even know how to drive.

Says ur mom.

TBR

Quote from: sportyaccordy on January 23, 2009, 04:25:36 PM
No way, you can get an RSX-S for well under 10K.When I bought this car I almost immediately replaced the motor with a low-mileage JDM one. I haven't even driven the car long enough to warrant an oil change, and it seems to have died from an oil leak. The only money I'm putting back into this car is putting my stock motor back in to be able to sell a running car.

Looking into the G, it seems to have some serious oil consumption/leak issues. Def. don't want to go through that again, as much as I love the G. I know the K-series motors in the Accord/RSX/TSX are reliable as hell so that looks better. RSX is cheaper but I really like the TSX...

Rebuilt>Low Mileage.

NomisR

GoCougs

Quote from: L. ed foote on January 23, 2009, 02:40:04 PM
So?

Sporty claims the contrary, which results in the swings between two polar opposites every few months.

It's just not healthy. If I and Sporty weren't such good friends I wouldn't say a thing.

2o6

Quote from: GoCougs on January 23, 2009, 05:40:49 PM
Sporty claims the contrary, which results in the swings between two polar opposites every few months.

It's just not healthy. If I and Sporty weren't such good friends I wouldn't say a thing.

He's young and dumb. Better to do things now than get older and locked into things. Sometimes it's nice to fall flat on your face.

GoCougs

Quote from: 2o6 on January 23, 2009, 05:43:04 PM
He's young and dumb. Better to do things now than get older and locked into things. Sometimes it's nice to fall flat on your face.

Huh? Sporty's almost twice your age...

2o6

Quote from: GoCougs on January 23, 2009, 05:46:49 PM
Huh? Sporty's almost twice your age...

Sporty's in his early twenties.................right?

GoCougs

IIRC, 28, but even if 22 or 23, he's infinitely more experienced in all things.

Dude, seriously, no offense, but I think you're done here.

2o6

Even still, RSX's aren't unreliable cars, So go for that.

CJ

2o6