Worst Cars of the Year

Started by dazzleman, January 25, 2009, 06:57:30 PM

2o6

the Teuton

And the Civic that came directly after that one wasn't as focused or as well-built, but it was still better than our Focus.  It was generally a more wallowy car out of the box, but overall it's still a better car than the US Focus with the exception of the SVT.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

2o6

Well, stylistically I think the Focus looks better.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  on January 26, 2009, 06:46:18 PM
I didn't want to say that it was better than the Civic because I haven't driven a Focus, nor a have I driven a Civic of that generation hard enough to judge (and the one I drove was far from stock anyway), so I just don't know.

I've driven both the 6th gen civic and the 2001-ish Focus, and I've owned a 2001 Civic and a 2005 Focus.
FOCUS >>>>> CIVIC. WHAT I SAY GOES. DAMMIT. :heated:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Onslaught

Quote from: 2o6 on January 26, 2009, 06:37:07 PM

The Civic was old. (introed in 1996) And the 2001 civic was actually not as good as the Focus.

2000. Or 1999.........can't remember.

You haven't answered my question. What would you rather have given it to? Many of the COTW's aren't easy to fix.
Just about anything. A Civic was a much better car.

2o6

Quote from: Onslaught on January 26, 2009, 09:00:51 PM
Just about anything. A Civic was a much better car.

It's too old. Names, give me names.

Onslaught

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=17338.msg980795#msg980795 date=1233020696
Well, even gynecologists still enjoy sex.  How bad could it be?
Compared to other cars I can think of, bad.  I'd like to have a nice long talk with the engineering team. With a crowbar.

Onslaught

Quote from: 2o6 on January 26, 2009, 08:38:03 PM
Well, stylistically I think the Focus looks better.
WHAT? Sorry if I offend anyone but the Focus looks like ass.

2o6

Quote from: Onslaught on January 26, 2009, 09:02:34 PM
Compared to other cars I can think of, bad.  I'd like to have a nice long talk with the engineering team. With a crowbar.

What's wrong with it compared to other cars? (Of it's size, power, space and price)

Quote from: Onslaught on January 26, 2009, 09:03:47 PM
WHAT? Sorry if I offend anyone but the Focus looks like ass.

...............no comment.

Onslaught

Quote from: 2o6 on January 26, 2009, 09:01:56 PM

Old but still a better car and holds it value better.

2o6

Quote from: Onslaught on January 26, 2009, 09:05:00 PM
Old but still a better car and holds it value better.

Not the point. It's too old for COTW.

Onslaught

Quote from: 2o6 on January 26, 2009, 09:04:19 PM
What's wrong with it compared to other cars? (Of it's size, power, space and price)

...............no comment.
I'm talking build quality and how it's put together. And I know that they do absolutely fucked up shit design wise that makes them a PIA to work on. And even if I know that other people like yourself will never have to deal with this I still can't look past it myself. When I look at them I just see red hate so it clouds my view of them.

Onslaught

Quote from: 2o6 on January 26, 2009, 09:05:47 PM

Not the point. It's too old for COTW.
I've NEVER agreed that COTY should be only for new cars. If car A is old but still way better than the cars coming out years later it should still win. Even if it wins for 10 years in a row without a change.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on January 26, 2009, 08:30:43 PM
And the Civic that came directly after that one wasn't as focused or as well-built, but it was still better than our Focus.  It was generally a more wallowy car out of the box, but overall it's still a better car than the US Focus with the exception of the SVT.

I love it when people talk about cars they've never owned or driven. Fuckcunt asscock shitstain, seriously, I have owned both of the cars you're talking about. The Civic had a bit nicer looking interior, but the FOcus'
materials were just as good. The Civic had a more conventional driving position, but the upright steering wheel way forward position of the Focus grows on you. FOcus. FoCUs. FOCUS. I dont' care if the PCV valve is impossible to get to without taking off the intake manifold, the Focus had a smoother more powerful engine. It had better steerring. Better brakign. Better handling, oh the handling was nice on the Focus. The Civic understeered like a bitch and then snap oversteered suprise! The Focus had a better ride, fo shizzle. Somebody had better give me a damn good reason why the Civic is better than the Focus, or I will asplode. And don't tell me it's the resale value, because I already know that.

2o6

Quote from: Onslaught on January 26, 2009, 09:09:46 PM
I've NEVER agreed that COTY should be only for new cars. If car A is old but still way better than the cars coming out years later it should still win. Even if it wins for 10 years in a row without a change.

The point of COTY is cars that are new for that year.

2o6

Quote from: NACar on January 26, 2009, 09:11:16 PM
I love it when people talk about cars they've never owned or driven. Fuckcunt asscock shitstain, seriously, I have owned both of the cars you're talking about. The Civic had a bit nicer looking interior, but the FOcus'
materials were just as good. The Civic had a more conventional driving position, but the upright steering wheel way forward position of the Focus grows on you. FOcus. FoCUs. FOCUS. I dont' care if the PCV valve is impossible to get to without taking off the intake manifold, the Focus had a smoother more powerful engine. It had better steerring. Better brakign. Better handling, oh the handling was nice on the Focus. The Civic understeered like a bitch and then snap oversteered suprise! The Focus had a better ride, fo shizzle. Somebody had better give me a damn good reason why the Civic is better than the Focus, or I will asplode. And don't tell me it's the resale value, because I already know that.

Fuel Economy?  :huh:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on January 26, 2009, 09:13:59 PM
Fuel Economy?  :huh:

Yeah, and a Festiva with shit stains on the seats gets better fuel economy than the Civic, but that doesn't make it a better car.

Onslaught

Quote from: 2o6 on January 26, 2009, 09:01:56 PM

I can't store all this useless shit in my head anymore. Give me a list of cars that came out brand new in 2000 and I'm sure I can name one. That is unless the Focus was the only new car that year. Most of the ones that come to mind from that time period came out in 99.

Vinsanity

Onslaught

The Celica was new that year. But it wasn't a COY worthy. I'd take one over a Focus however. And I don't even like the last Celica

Lincoln LS was new then too and much better. Sure it cost more but so what?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Onslaught on January 26, 2009, 09:32:05 PM
The Celica was new that year. But it wasn't a COY worthy. I'd take one over a Focus however. And I don't even like the last Celica

You just hate the Focus because you always got stuck working on them. Give it a rest. :rolleyes:

Onslaught

Quote from: NACar on January 26, 2009, 09:33:24 PM
You just hate the Focus because you always got stuck working on them. Give it a rest. :rolleyes:
And I think they are ugly and cheap. But mostly because retarded monkeys built them.

Oh, and I had to rent one and drive it all over Nebraska onetime for a week. MOST UNCOMFORTABLE seats I've ever been in for a long drive. I can still feel the pain in my back.

God damn I hate that car.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Onslaught on January 26, 2009, 09:36:23 PM
And I think they are ugly and cheap. But mostly because retarded monkeys built them.

Oh, and I had to rent one and drive it all over Nebraska onetime for a week. MOST UNCOMFORTABLE seats I've ever been in for a long drive. I can still feel the pain in my back.

God damn I hate that car.

Good for you. I put over 30,000 miles on mine; autocrossed it, rallycrossed it and otherwise drove the shit out of it, drove it on several long trips in which the seats were perfect, and only had to take it to the dealer once for a minor PCV valve issue. I must have had the best Focus ever built and all the rest were crap.... oh except the other two I drove, which were also great.

If you had to work on Civics all day and drive on stupid trips that you hated, you'd hate the Civic, too. I think you just hate yourself.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: NACar on January 26, 2009, 09:40:41 PM
Good for you. I put over 30,000 miles on mine; autocrossed it, rallycrossed it and otherwise drove the shit out of it, drove it on several long trips in which the seats were perfect, and only had to take it to the dealer once for a minor PCV valve issue. I must have had the best Focus ever built and all the rest were crap.... oh except the other two I drove, which were also great.

If you had to work on Civics all day and drive on stupid trips that you hated, you'd hate the Civic, too. I think you just hate yourself.

Mine has been reliable too.

And I love the seats. They have a lot of bolstering and fit me perfectly.

Onslaught

Actually my girlfriend has a Civic from that year model and while I don't want to have sex with it I don't hate it. And I don't see why you seem to be so insulted that I'm not a Fuckus........ Focus  fan.
  And 30,000 miles isn't much to brag about in a modern car.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Onslaught on January 26, 2009, 09:44:52 PM
Actually my girlfriend has a Civic from that year model and while I don't want to have sex with it I don't hate it. And I don't see why you seem to be so insulted that I'm not a Fuckus........ Focus  fan.
  And 30,000 miles isn't much to brag about in a modern car.

You hate Foci and you think the Civic is god's gift to the economy car, I get the point. Remind me never to trust your opinion about any car ever again. KTHXBAI.

Onslaught

Quote from: NACar on January 26, 2009, 09:52:11 PM
You hate Foci and you think the Civic is god's gift to the economy car, I get the point. Remind me never to trust your opinion about any car ever again. KTHXBAI.
No, the Civic isn't God's gift. I'm not even a Civic fan really. I'd rather have a Proteg'e or Sentra from that year to be honest. I'd have to think about it.

Raza

I'd take the Focus out of those, unless you're talking about the higher spec Sentra and Protege.  And even then, I hear the Mazdaspeed has a weak engine (reliability-wise).
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

Quote from: Onslaught on January 26, 2009, 09:56:23 PM
No, the Civic isn't God's gift. I'm not even a Civic fan really. I'd rather have a Proteg'e or Sentra from that year to be honest. I'd have to think about it.

This is a craptacular car. Even the SE-R sucks. The only good sentra was the B13.