V12 Vantage

Started by FlatBlackCaddy, February 03, 2009, 07:01:17 PM

SVT666

Quote from: the Teuton on February 05, 2009, 10:51:37 PM
Can I make that engine with two Duratec 3.0s and a TIG welder?  Damn.
No.  It's a common misconception.

ChrisV

Time for more pics... Man, the more I see, the more I wish I'd win the lottery... hehehehe! And the more I see it, the more I like the race car venting on the hood, and that interior is still one of the best places to spend an afternoon.

I still think I'd put some BBS wheels on it, though.

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Tave

Quote from: HEMI666 on February 06, 2009, 09:09:56 AM
No.  It's a common misconception.

He should give it a try anyway.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

SVT666

Ummm, I'm in loooooooove.

Cookie Monster

Damn!

The only thing I don't like is the shift knob. Otherwise it's perfect. :wub:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

2o6

Aston's styling is starting to get repetitive, but It's still gorgeous.

I'd rather have a DB9, DB9's are excellent cars. I just love 2+2's.

Raza

Talk about a ducktail.

Is it weird that I think I'd rather have a GT500 convertible if I won the lottery?  I might get around to the Aston, but none of current crop of Aston makes my top 5 (or 10, maybe) lottery list.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

Quote from: 2o6 on February 06, 2009, 03:05:35 PM

I'd rather have a DB9, DB9's are excellent cars. I just love 2+2's.
Yeah, it is repetitive but who cares when they are so pretty.

I prefer the DB9 as well, not only do I feel the style looks better stretched out a little, but it is a more sensible choice (in that there are better cars than the Vantage that do the same things better for less while that can't necessarily be said about the DB9).

Though I think the original, the DB7, might look the best of all of them:

Perhaps a little too Jaguary though, but then that's to be expected since it was originally designed as Jaguar.

Raza

Give me an older V8 over them all.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

I love the older one, though I prefer the convertible. The early '90s one I don't like so much.

Tave

I can't trust a man who doesn't sport wood thinking about the DB9 or Vantage.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza  on February 06, 2009, 03:34:50 PM

Notice all the hood scoops...

ChrisV

Quote from: 2o6 on February 06, 2009, 03:05:35 PM

It can be repetitive, as there aren't a half million of them made every year. It would only be a problem if you saw one or two on every street corner of every town. You could make variations on this design for the next decade or two and still only end up with a handful of total cars on the road. No worse than one year's production of ONE version of a "regular" car.

And yeah, I love the DB9 as a road car, but I'd rather have the Vantage for sport driving. it's like the differnce between a beautiful girl in an evening gown, and an attractive girl in athletic gear.

NomisR

Quote from: ChrisV on February 06, 2009, 05:17:52 PM
It can be repetitive, as there aren't a half million of them made every year. It would only be a problem if you saw one or two on every street corner of every town. You could make variations on this design for the next decade or two and still only end up with a handful of total cars on the road. No worse than one year's production of ONE version of a "regular" car.

Unless you live in So Cal where you see one every day, along with all the Ferraris and Lamborghinis etc...

ChrisV

Still, does it really matter if there are a hundred *similar* to each other, or a hundred *identical* to each other?

And if you see ONE or even two every day, how many OTHER cars do you see of all types? What percentage of total traffic is made up of some sort of similar looking Aston? 1%? .01%

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Raza  on February 06, 2009, 03:28:59 PM
Talk about a ducktail.

Is it weird that I think I'd rather have a GT500 convertible if I won the lottery?  I might get around to the Aston, but none of current crop of Aston makes my top 5 (or 10, maybe) lottery list.

Not weird at all(for you atleast). We on carspin have become accustomed to your horrible automotive buying habits and preferences long ago. Now if you said Ford GT then i'd be agreeing as the Ford GT is still one of if not he BEST american supercars. But no, a GT500 Vert? A heavy ass wet noodle of a performance car, i guess it does sound perfect for you.

omicron

Quote from: Raza  on February 06, 2009, 03:34:50 PM

Now that's my kind of Aston. Give me a Savile Row suit and crystal tumblers in the glovebox, and we'll be in business.

Submariner

Quote from: ChrisV on February 06, 2009, 09:21:46 AM
Time for more pics... Man, the more I see, the more I wish I'd win the lottery... hehehehe! And the more I see it, the more I like the race car venting on the hood, and that interior is still one of the best places to spend an afternoon.

I still think I'd put some BBS wheels on it, though.

A couple of things.

The wheels need to go.  The look like they came out of the "gangsta" edition of DUB magazine.  As you mentioned, some BBS wheels (or even the base model wheels ) would look much better.

The interior on the DBS is still a step above this.

The Vents are not as cleanly integrated as I would like.

That being said, this car is utterly fantastic, and I want one badly. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on February 06, 2009, 04:54:30 PM
Notice all the hood scoops...

:lol:

That was also the 600 or so horsepower end of run Le Mans edition.  The regular car didn't look quite that outrageous.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on February 06, 2009, 06:30:35 PM
Not weird at all(for you atleast). We on carspin have become accustomed to your horrible automotive buying habits and preferences long ago. Now if you said Ford GT then i'd be agreeing as the Ford GT is still one of if not he BEST american supercars. But no, a GT500 Vert? A heavy ass wet noodle of a performance car, i guess it does sound perfect for you.

I do like the V8 Vantage convertible, but I don't know that I'd bother with it after winning the lottery.  Not while there's still a Gallardo convertible.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

sportyaccordy

Astons are repetitive as fuck, but I'll be damned if they're not downright wow worthy on the road amongst a sea of Camries

That said though I never get excited about new Astons; they're all essentially the same car to me.

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza  on February 07, 2009, 10:37:11 PM

That was also the 600 or so horsepower end of run Le Mans edition.  The regular car didn't look quite that outrageous.

And the regular Vantage doesn't look all that outrageous. This one is the 600+ hp homologation special. ;) (kinda like that old one, eh?)

MrH

I'll take a Maserati Gran Turismo over this any day of the week.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CALL_911

Quote from: MrH on February 08, 2009, 04:16:34 PM
I'll take a Maserati Gran Turismo over this any day of the week.

Yeah.

Even though they don't compete, give me a GT2.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on February 08, 2009, 10:03:02 AM
And the regular Vantage doesn't look all that outrageous. This one is the 600+ hp homologation special. ;) (kinda like that old one, eh?)

You win this round, V.  But I'll be back.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BimmerM3

Quote from: Raza  on February 06, 2009, 03:28:59 PM
Talk about a ducktail.

None of the current Astons would make my top-5 lotto list either, but every one of them would be above the GT500.

ChrisV

Both the DB9 and the Vantage top my new car list for lotto wins, though there'd be a couple classics in the garage before them ('67 XKE 4.2 convertible is #1, and if the winnings are big enough, a '63 Ferrari 250 Lusso).

omicron

Quote from: ChrisV on February 09, 2009, 08:06:06 AM
Both the DB9 and the Vantage top my new car list for lotto wins, though there'd be a couple classics in the garage before them ('67 XKE 4.2 convertible is #1, and if the winnings are big enough, a '63 Ferrari 250 Lusso).

I would drain your fine country of all its glorious American bargains - my goodness, the fun I'd have with just (!) $100,000.

ChrisV

Quote from: omicron on February 09, 2009, 08:12:28 AM
I would drain your fine country of all its glorious American bargains - my goodness, the fun I'd have with just (!) $100,000.

And then you'd have to ship them. Cheaper to just move here. ;)

omicron

Quote from: ChrisV on February 09, 2009, 08:19:08 AM
And then you'd have to ship them. Cheaper to just move here. ;)

I'm not sure which would require more adjustment - driving a left-hand drive car on the left side of the road (in effect, high-fiving parked cars), or driving a left-hand drive car on the right side of the road (probably resulting in me turning straight into oncoming traffic).

I wouldn't mind a cooler climate, though. Perhaps a move is in order - have you a screaming deal on a house and land, Christopher?