V12 Vantage

Started by FlatBlackCaddy, February 03, 2009, 07:01:17 PM

ChrisV

Quote from: omicron on February 09, 2009, 08:36:37 AM
I'm not sure which would require more adjustment - driving a left-hand drive car on the left side of the road (in effect, high-fiving parked cars), or driving a left-hand drive car on the right side of the road (probably resulting in me turning straight into oncoming traffic).

I wouldn't mind a cooler climate, though. Perhaps a move is in order - have you a screaming deal on a house and land, Christopher?

These days, everything is a screaming deal. Just up the road from me, there is a housing development of McMansions that were originally advertised "from the low $700s." A couple months back, they had been dropped to the "low $500s" for the same unsold new houses. Now they are getting down to the "upper $200s." So, you can now get into a $700k McMansion for around $300k. And normal housing is way below that (though the older, lower priced houses hadn't dropped as drastically, as they were still in the price range where there are a lot of buyers keeping prices more stable).
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

omicron

Quote from: ChrisV on February 09, 2009, 08:56:50 AM
These days, everything is a screaming deal. Just up the road from me, there is a housing development of McMansions that were originally advertised "from the low $700s." A couple months back, they had been dropped to the "low $500s" for the same unsold new houses. Now they are getting down to the "upper $200s." So, you can now get into a $700k McMansion for around $300k. And normal housing is way below that (though the older, lower priced houses hadn't dropped as drastically, as they were still in the price range where there are a lot of buyers keeping prices more stable).

Now all I need is your dollar to fall in the toilet.

ChrisV

Quote from: omicron on February 09, 2009, 09:49:58 AM
Now all I need is your dollar to fall in the toilet.

Well, our government is all set up to oblige you on that one. But you'll have to wait until at least next week. ;)
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Raza

Quote from: BimmerM3 on February 09, 2009, 03:18:40 AM
None of the current Astons would make my top-5 lotto list either, but every one of them would be above the GT500.

I just really like that car.  Lottery would be the only way I could justify it, as I don't think I'd put the money down if I had to earn it.  I'd just buy a Mustang GT convertible and go from there. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

Quote from: BimmerM3 on February 09, 2009, 03:18:40 AM
None of the current Astons would make my top-5 lotto list either, but every one of them would be above the GT500.

I don't think any of the current or past astons make my top 10 list... although the original Vantage is very tempting
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna