Hypothetical Chrysler sweepstakes question

Started by ifcar, February 05, 2009, 04:32:15 PM

Soup DeVille

Quote from: ifcar on February 05, 2009, 05:07:00 PM
http://itsyourchoicesweeps.com/rules.htm

The rules seem contradictory on the point of whether you can pay extra for extra car, no?

Sort of, but it is clear that its only for a single car.

I think its safe to assume its a maximum of $30,000, that you can only apply to car worth less than $30,000.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: HEMI666 on February 05, 2009, 05:05:32 PM
The manual transmission puts the Challenger at $30,540.

I DON'T MAKE UP THA ROOLZ  :huh:

The Calipwer would be quite enough fun, I'm sure of it.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

ifcar

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 05, 2009, 05:10:39 PM
Sort of, but it is clear that its only for a single car.

It would only be one car anyway. There is no Chrysler with a sticker price of under $15,000.

2o6

NomisR

Quote from: NACar on February 05, 2009, 04:47:13 PM
What do you want, two base-model Calipers? :lol:

If I could get a Challenger V6 with a god damn manual transmission, I might go for that.
Otherwise, the Caliper SRT-4 would work for me.

I remember a dealer was selling brand new PT Cruisers for $9995.  I can get 3 of them, and sell it for more money than 1 Challenger since lower value cars depreciate less so I can make off with more cash.  :lol:

ifcar

Quote from: NomisR on February 05, 2009, 05:28:09 PM
I remember a dealer was selling brand new PT Cruisers for $9995.  I can get 3 of them, and sell it for more money than 1 Challenger since lower value cars depreciate less so I can make off with more cash.  :lol:

The sweepstakes is based on the sticker price. So are most depreciation ratings for that matter, so if you've gotten a car way under sticker its value isn't dropping by as much compared to the sticker.

But depreciation would factor into my choice too -- the Challenger would be in the highest demand for me to re-sell it and pocket $25,000 or so.

the Teuton

Does Chrysler even make a car I'd want right now?

Maybe a Wrangler, SRT-4, or a Dakota...

...other than that, not much is coming to mind...Patriot?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

NomisR

Quote from: ifcar on February 05, 2009, 05:37:19 PM
The sweepstakes is based on the sticker price. So are most depreciation ratings for that matter, so if you've gotten a car way under sticker its value isn't dropping by as much compared to the sticker.

But depreciation would factor into my choice too -- the Challenger would be in the highest demand for me to re-sell it and pocket $25,000 or so.

If that's the case then it's a really hard choice.  Are Chrysler really doing that bad that they can't even give a car away?  :lol:

Vinsanity

Challenger R/T without a doubt, although the idea of a free utility hauler like a Jeep or a truck is pretty tempting.

S204STi

TBR

I think I would follow ifcar's lead and chose whatever vehicle I could recoup the most value from. That probably means a Challenger R/T AT or a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited optioned right up to $30k.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: TBR on February 05, 2009, 07:29:27 PM
I think I would follow ifcar's lead and chose whatever vehicle I could recoup the most value from. That probably means a Challenger R/T AT or a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited optioned right up to $30k.

Me too.

I was thinking that my mom could use a new car, but frankly, I'm not sure that a Dodge Avenger/Chrysler Sebring is much better than a 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue.

My dad could probably use a new truck, but the Dakota is a big thirsty pig.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: 93JC on February 06, 2009, 02:43:39 PM
A Wrangler.

I could probably use that as a winter beater, but I'd hate to have to drive it in the summer when gas is expensive and the roads are dry.

93JC

Lame. That's when I'd be heading to the Rockies for some offroading. Top down, doors off... fuck man, that's what it's all about.  :mrcool:

Tave

It's a shame they don't offer it with a I4 anymore; that V6 is thirsty.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Tave

A friend of mine who lives in Vancouver came to town last summer and this guy lent her his Unlimited Rubicon. That thing was tits. We had a blast in it: camping, going to the lake, driving over random shit... :rockon:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

93JC

Quote from: Tave on February 06, 2009, 02:55:26 PM

It's so heavy and unaerodynamic it doesn't matter if it has a four-banger or six: either way fuel economy will be shite.

Quote from: Tave on February 06, 2009, 02:57:24 PM
A friend of mine who lives in Vancouver came to town last summer and this guy lent her his Unlimited Rubicon. That thing was tits. We had a blast in it: camping, going to the lake, driving over random shit... :rockon:

EXACTLY. Fuck, I thought for a second I was the only one who understood.

Raza

I would get a Challenger R/T, if you can go over the 30K and pay the difference. 

Dark Slate Gray leather interior, Dark Titanium Metallic exterior, power sunroof (YES!), 6MT (YES!), Sound Group II, MSRP with Destination minus Bonus Cash = $33,960 ($34,960 without bonus discount).  I'd gladly pay the extra over 30K. 

If not, that's a tougher choice.  I mean, there are no sedans or convertibles or coupes that I would buy from them other than a manual Challenger, so that means I should try to get something a little more practical, right?

(Side note: they still sell the Crossfire?  The car on which it's based has been out of production for like five years!  And it costs 35 grand!?  Fuck!)

If I can't go over 30K, I'd take a Patriot or Wrangler Unlimited.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Tave on February 06, 2009, 02:55:26 PM

My 2.5 four banger YJ was a thirsty dog as well. i don't think it makes much difference.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

NomisR

Quote from: Raza  on February 06, 2009, 03:12:19 PM
I would get a Challenger R/T, if you can go over the 30K and pay the difference. 

Dark Slate Gray leather interior, Dark Titanium Metallic exterior, power sunroof (YES!), 6MT (YES!), Sound Group II, MSRP with Destination minus Bonus Cash = $33,960 ($34,960 without bonus discount).  I'd gladly pay the extra over 30K. 

If not, that's a tougher choice.  I mean, there are no sedans or convertibles or coupes that I would buy from them other than a manual Challenger, so that means I should try to get something a little more practical, right?

(Side note: they still sell the Crossfire?  The car on which it's based has been out of production for like five years!  And it costs 35 grand!?  Fuck!)

If I can't go over 30K, I'd take a Patriot or Wrangler Unlimited.

Dude, just price it for 30k, sell it off for 20k, after taxes, you still net 15k, not bad