Ugly going fast is still ugly

Started by the Teuton, February 18, 2009, 11:54:49 PM

hounddog

Quote from: Raza  on February 25, 2009, 08:49:55 PM
It's very ugly.
Said the guy who thinks the Jetta is a good looking car.  :rolleyes:
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

AltinD

Quote from: hounddog on February 26, 2009, 09:31:27 PM

Not a masterpiece but certanly better looking then 75% of cars on the road ... especially the North American ones :lol:

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Vinsanity

Quote from: AltinD on February 27, 2009, 06:56:46 AM
Not a masterpiece but certanly better looking then 75% of cars on the road ... especially the North American ones :lol:

wat

the Jetta looks exactly like a Corolla with chrome teef :huh:

AltinD

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

AltinD

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 28, 2009, 03:34:21 PM
You look like Ann Coulter?

As much as the Jetta really looks like the Corolla.

CALL_911

Quote from: AltinD on February 28, 2009, 03:49:38 PM
As much as the Jetta really looks like the Corolla.

So you look a lot like Ann Coulter.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CJ

The Jetta IS a good looking car.

rohan

If you like the Ford 500/Taurus then I'ld say yes it is.  It's the same shape but a little smaller.  In short it's pretty ugly.

but it's kinda a nice car to drive in a 80 year old kinda way.

(ignore the pimped out look of this 500 and just look at the lines)

http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

Vinsanity

My thing with the Jetta is that the small wheel wells and long overhangs make it look like a big-body car built atop a small-car chassis. That said, it's not a bad-looking car by any means, but it's certainly NOT "better looking then 75% of cars on the road"

Raza

Quote from: hounddog on February 26, 2009, 09:28:39 PM
Those cars are NOT ugly?  Now I know you are full of crappola.

You think the G class Mercedes is ugly?  I think it's the best looking SUV ever made. 

The ML is fine, not attractive really, but not ugly. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on March 01, 2009, 10:38:11 AM
My thing with the Jetta is that the small wheel wells and long overhangs make it look like a big-body car built atop a small-car chassis. That said, it's not a bad-looking car by any means, but it's certainly NOT "better looking then 75% of cars on the road"

I think it is.  The base versions look a little like base versions (and wow, for 16 grand, I'd expect 20" wheels and solid gold door handles), but I very much like looking at my car.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

You like the X6?  You don't have to get offended and insult my car like a little fucking child because I don't like the X6.  You're an adult, aren't you?  Fucking act like one.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 19, 2009, 07:34:35 AM
I'd rather them just make an M7. It would be less pointless than this turd.

They better. If they make this thing and do not make a M7 i'll really start to question the M division.

Submariner

Quote from: Raza  on March 01, 2009, 07:36:26 PM

You think the G class Mercedes is ugly?  I think it's the best looking SUV ever made. 

The ML is fine, not attractive really, but not ugly. 

I knew I liked you.  :thumbsup:

And you're right about the ML.  It's...inoffensive.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

FlatBlackCaddy

I like the new generation ML in AMG trim, that's about it. I actually like the GLK style over the ML in pedestrain trims.

CALL_911

You like the X6. Enough said.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Tave

I think both the ML and X6 are inoffensive. If anything the Bimmer has more soothing lines.

G is the best looking SUV ever? Oh c'mon! What about Wranglers, Land Rovers, old Land Cruisers, H1s, Ranges, early 4runners, Cherokees, Broncos, Wagoneers?

Of course I don't even know why I'm listening to Raza and Submariner talk about SUVs anyway. I remember Raza once said something to me like, "I might try skiing, because it's an outdoor sport I wouldn't get dirty playing."  :evildude:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

CALL_911

Quote from: Tave on March 01, 2009, 08:09:42 PM
I remember Raza once said something to me like, "I might try skiing, because it's an outdoor sport I wouldn't get dirty playing." 

The smiley's facepalm couldn't cover the extent of failure in that statement.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza  on March 01, 2009, 07:37:57 PM
I think it is.  The base versions look a little like base versions (and wow, for 16 grand, I'd expect 20" wheels and solid gold door handles), but I very much like looking at my car.

well if you're bringing price points into this, that's a whole other argument ("better looking than 75% of cars under $20k"), but even with that considered, it's a big stretch to make.

Raza

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on March 01, 2009, 07:49:39 PM
I like the new generation ML in AMG trim, that's about it. I actually like the GLK style over the ML in pedestrain trims.

I have a feeling the GLK is going to look like an Infiniti EX on the road, and seem too small for its proportions.  When all gussied up, the ML AMG does look pretty good, I have to say that.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote from: Tave on March 01, 2009, 08:09:42 PM
I think both the ML and X6 are inoffensive. If anything the Bimmer has more soothing lines.

G is the best looking SUV ever? Oh c'mon! What about Wranglers, Land Rovers, old Land Cruisers, H1s, Ranges, early 4runners, Cherokees, Broncos, Wagoneers?

Of course I don't even know why I'm listening to Raza and Submariner talk about SUVs anyway. I remember Raza once said something to me like, "I might try skiing, because it's an outdoor sport I wouldn't get dirty playing."  :evildude:

I don't think that was me...I can't ski because of my bad knee.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on March 01, 2009, 08:51:04 PM
well if you're bringing price points into this, that's a whole other argument ("better looking than 75% of cars under $20k"), but even with that considered, it's a big stretch to make.

I'm just saying the base car looks like a base car, but I think the minor adjustments in appearance to the GLI and Wolfsburg editions bring out a more attractive visage. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tave

I'm pretty sure it was, but everytime I try to scan your posts the forum search implodes. I think you mentioned the knee.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Raza

Quote from: Tave on March 01, 2009, 09:36:39 PM
I'm pretty sure it was, but everytime I try to scan your posts the forum search implodes. I think you mentioned the knee.

It might have been, who knows?  Half the time I don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about, and I post drunk a lot.  But then again, it wasn't so long ago that I didn't think I wanted to drive a car with a manual, so...people change.  I'm going to take up kayaking this summer--wet is like dirty, right? 

Although, I am incredibly insane about my digital cleanliness.  I can't handle newspapers because it drives me so crazy.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza  on March 01, 2009, 09:35:42 PM
I'm just saying the base car looks like a base car, but I think the minor adjustments in appearance to the GLI and Wolfsburg editions bring out a more attractive visage. 

well, that's a given. But the Jetta never struck me as one of the more attractive cars, even in its price class.

AltinD

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 28, 2009, 04:07:59 PM
So you look a lot like Ann Coulter.

We both have 2 feets, 2 legs, a head, a couple of eyes and a pair of ears ... still totally different species though.

Vinsanity

2 "feets"

I lol'd when I pictured someone saying that out loud

omicron

TBR

Quote from: Raza  on March 01, 2009, 09:38:56 PM
It might have been, who knows?  Half the time I don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about, and I post drunk a lot.  But then again, it wasn't so long ago that I didn't think I wanted to drive a car with a manual, so...people change.  I'm going to take up kayaking this summer--wet is like dirty, right? 

Although, I am incredibly insane about my digital cleanliness.  I can't handle newspapers because it drives me so crazy.

Yes, I recall that. Your first thread at C/D was looking for a luxury sports sedan, automatic only. I suggested a manual and you said that you didn't see the point of a manual.