RWD Toyota sport coupe...

Started by Vinsanity, February 19, 2009, 04:24:39 PM

Raza

Quote from: the Teuton on February 26, 2009, 01:02:58 PM
And the blood stays pure.

Ha!  Pure blood gave us the 2008 WRX.

Anyway, if the Genesis coupe is the success it ought to be, the Subota coupe would have been nice competition.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Vinsanity

Quote from: the Teuton on February 26, 2009, 01:02:58 PM
And the blood stays pure.

It was going to have a boxer engine and likely available AWD. It would've made a fine Subaru Alcyone.

the Teuton

Quote from: Vinsanity on February 26, 2009, 01:40:49 PM
It was going to have a boxer engine and likely available AWD. It would've made a fine Subaru Alcyone.

And it would have made a great return for the Impreza coupe.  But I don't think it'd be cool to have Subaru whore itself out to Toyota like that.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Vinsanity

Quote from: the Teuton on February 26, 2009, 02:22:49 PM
And it would have made a great return for the Impreza coupe.  But I don't think it'd be cool to have Subaru whore itself out to Toyota like that.

These are inanimate objects we're talking about, not rock bands.

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Vinsanity

on-again, off-again? ON AGAIN!

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/03/call-us-when-its-at-the-dealer-on-again-off-again-toyota-suba/

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=143008

The one thing that concerns me is that it's going to be built on a Subie platform. If this means having the engine sitting right on top of the front axle with an intercooler on top of it, then I'd imagine it would have a disadvantage to the GenCoupe.

the Teuton

Okay, I'm happy.  There will be a Subaru version.  Let's see a 22B revival.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Payman

If Toyota designs it... it's gonna look like ass.

If Subaru designs it... it's gonna look like ass.

They should contract the design out to Guigario, Bertone, or Pinninfarina.

Vinsanity

Quote from: Payman on March 03, 2009, 01:18:40 PM

I would normally agree, but I quite like the illustration from the original post. The Subaru grille that failed drastically on the original Tribeca gives positively pleasing character to this particular sport coupe.

280Z Turbo

Not all Subarus are ugly...just the Impreza.

The Legacy still looks great.

Raza

Quote from: the Teuton on March 03, 2009, 12:11:40 PM
Okay, I'm happy.  There will be a Subaru version.  Let's see a 22B revival.

It's dead.

"Good, Subaru stays pure!"

It's alive.

"Yea!  Subaru will have a RWD car!"

:rolleyes:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on March 03, 2009, 01:42:17 PM
Not all Subarus are ugly...just the Impreza.

The Legacy still looks great.

It's from a different era.  I saw a teaser photo of the new Legacy (I know a guy who works in advertising and does Subaru ads) and from what little I saw, it looks like an SUV chopped into a sedan and then lowered. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

S204STi

Um yeah... you get three guesses on who designed the SVX.

2o6

Payman

Quote from: R-inge on March 03, 2009, 09:39:10 PM
Um yeah... you get three guesses on who designed the SVX.

Oh yeah...  :facepalm:

:lol: