Started by NomisR, February 20, 2009, 01:40:37 PM

NomisR

AutobahnSHO

lol

Going home (or leaving) FTW
Will

Eye of the Tiger

I'd be happy with that in dirt form.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

NomisR

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on February 20, 2009, 01:51:32 PM
lol

Going home (or leaving) FTW

I would spend 2-3 hours on my driveway everyday..

So, what did you do today?  Oh i've just been driving around on my driveway... :lol:

Soup DeVille

Think you could do something like that on a smaller lot? Like around 120 by 840 feet?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

FlatBlackCaddy

I've thought of that before or something similar to it.

With a gate at the end of it you would never have to worry about "traffic". I bet the neighbors love it when the guy gets home.

Cobra93

Of course I'm an excellent driver. Dad lets me drive slow on the driveway every Saturday.

S204STi

I'm doing that when I build a house.

2o6

It looks kinda narrow........

NomisR

Quote from: 2o6 on February 20, 2009, 04:46:16 PM
It looks kinda narrow........

At least 2 to 3 lanes wide.. similar to a lot of small road courses.

2o6

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 20, 2009, 04:47:12 PM
Compare it to the width of the neighboring road.

Narrow. The road looks like a very narrow 2-lane, soft-shoulder country road. That looks kinda narrow and more suitable to a small car, or a kart or something.

Still, it's very cool and makes me wonder what the homeowner drives or does for a living.

CALL_911

Quote from: 2o6 on February 20, 2009, 04:48:54 PM
Narrow. The road looks like a very narrow 2-lane, soft-shoulder country road. That looks kinda narrow and more suitable to a small car, or a kart or something.

Still, it's very cool and makes me wonder what the homeowner drives or does for a living.

It's more like a small road course.

Why is my post missing?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TBR

Quote from: 2o6 on February 20, 2009, 04:48:54 PM

I ran the address through google maps to get a better angle on the road in front and it is definitely just a two lane, no shoulder country road (a relatively narrow two lanes at that). So, I'd say the "track" is only one lane wide so the owner is definitely not lapping it with regular sized cars.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: TBR on February 20, 2009, 05:47:54 PM
I ran the address through google maps to get a better angle on the road in front and it is definitely just a two lane, no shoulder country road (a relatively narrow two lanes at that). So, I'd say the "track" is only one lane wide so the owner is definitely not lapping it with regular sized cars.

If he only runs one car at a time he could.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

TBR

Quote from: Soup DeVille on February 20, 2009, 05:50:44 PM
If he only runs one car at a time he could.

Well he could drive one car on it, but I don't think he could really push it.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: TBR on February 20, 2009, 06:03:58 PM
Well he could drive one car on it, but I don't think he could really push it.

As long as he doesn't screw up too badly, I don't see why not. Autocross courses are just as narrow.

Isn't the Ring not much wider?

Catman

Probably intended for shifter karts. :thumbsup:

TBR

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Catman on February 20, 2009, 08:03:51 PM
Probably intended for shifter karts. :thumbsup:

Karts, motorcycles, whatever he has.

I'm disappointed there was nothing on it when the sat picture was taken.

the Teuton

If they would have published these this time last year, I would have ask to rip around that thing in a silver Enterprise Magnum.

Quick, someone find me a race track in someone's front yard in Hampton, VA!
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

ChrisV

Well, looking at the car in the picture, at the house next to the track, it looks like it's be wide enough to have fun on, at least two cars wide. So you could apex a corner and go wide on entry and exit. More so than on an autocross track, and that's a ton of fun.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

r0tor

i've always planned on having a little roadcourse like that  in my driveway if I ever became rich
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

sportyaccordy

I want to buy a plot of land in Ghana and build a garage + race track

hotrodalex

Quote from: sportyaccordy on February 23, 2009, 06:51:07 AM
I want to buy a plot of land in Ghana and build a garage + race track

Just go to the midwest.

Colonel Cadillac

sparkplug

That would make a fine cart track as previously stated. Most likely for family and friends.
Getting stoned, one stone at a time.