C&D Rx8 vs Solstice GXP coupe vs 135i vs 370z comparo

Started by 565, February 23, 2009, 04:04:27 PM

2o6

FlatBlackCaddy

I skipped to the end and i wasn't surprised.

Amazingly enough the car with one of the best exteriors is the last car i'd pick in that comparo. While the solstice coupe looks nice it would rank dead last for me.

My personal rank would be

1. 370
2. 135
2. Rx8
3. solstice

The 135 and RX8 tie. The RX has the looks and the 135 has the power. I personally don't like the stubby look of the 1er, granted i haven't checked one out in person so maybe that would change.

TBR

sportyaccordy

Love that Z. I'm surprised the GXP finished how it did, the sum of the parts is much less than the whole. The RX-8 shows such promise but that damn engine.... gah... and I never cared for the BMW Corolla.

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

NomisR

Considering that the Rx8 is 5 years old and at the end of it's model life, it's not doing too bad.  They need to hurry up with the 3 spark plug direct injection Rotary..  I'm surprised they never introduced that initially with the Renesis (3 spark plug) when they found the trailing plug improved mileage to begin with.

S204STi

r0tor

Quote from: NomisR on February 23, 2009, 05:20:20 PM
Considering that the Rx8 is 5 years old and at the end of it's model life, it's not doing too bad.  They need to hurry up with the 3 spark plug direct injection Rotary..  I'm surprised they never introduced that initially with the Renesis (3 spark plug) when they found the trailing plug improved mileage to begin with.

umm... the renesis has 2 plugs per rotor
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

TBR

Quote from: r0tor on February 23, 2009, 05:44:06 PM
umm... the renesis has 2 plugs per rotor

Pretty sure he's suggesting that it should have 3.

Raza

That thing does not look good with the top on at all.  Take the blobbiness of the Solstice convertible and add the heavy handed roof of the 370Z, and you get the Solstice coupe.  At least the top's removeable. 

I'm stuck between the Z and 1.  The 1 is clearly better looking, more practical, and has a gem of an engine, but then again, the Z is of the people, athletic, and likely far more reasonably priced. 

Truthfully, I'd probably have a Genesis Coupe V6 or Challenger RT over these combatants.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FlatBlackCaddy

Another BIG BIG BIIIIGGG hit for the 1er is bmw's stupid preference to NOT offer a real limited slip in a car that clearly needs one.

That pisses me off to no end.

The Solstice looks amazing.  The 370z and Rx8 look interesting. The 135 looks exactly like the economy BMW it was meant to be.

In the photos section they have more photos of the Solstice in the foreground or solo than the others.

Raza

Something really gets to me right where the roof and the A pillar meet. 

Do they have any pictures with the top off?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Raza  on February 23, 2009, 07:10:24 PM
Something really gets to me right where the roof and the A pillar meet. 

Do they have any pictures with the top off?

Reminds me of this, sans removable top.

the Teuton

The limited visibility on the side windows pisses me off to no end.  Therefore, it'd almost immediately be down between the 1er and RX8 for me.

I'd probably pick the BMW.  I'll be honest.

Here's how they'd stack up for me:

1) 135i
2) RX8
3) 370Z
4) Solstice
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

MX793

Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raza

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on February 23, 2009, 07:15:17 PM
Reminds me of this, sans removable top.

By proportions, I see where you see that.  But in details, it lacks the crispness and deliberateness (I can't believe that's a word either) of the Sagaris.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FlatBlackCaddy

obviously i was talking about the a pillar/roof intersection and little else. I just like to find a way to work in the occasional sagaris picture.

Raza

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on February 23, 2009, 07:23:51 PM
obviously i was talking about the a pillar/roof intersection and little else. I just like to find a way to work in the occasional sagaris picture.

It's something about the way the roof metal extends too far down from the top line of the roof, if that makes any sense.  It looks like a sabertooth tiger trying to hold a drinking glass in its mouth.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Raza  on February 23, 2009, 07:26:01 PM
It's something about the way the roof metal extends too far down from the top line of the roof, if that makes any sense.  It looks like a sabertooth tiger trying to hold a drinking glass in its mouth.

:nutty:

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: NACar on February 23, 2009, 07:29:22 PM
The Bristol Fighter pwnz0rs this entire thread

I post a picture of a sagaris and you think that some bristol piece of shit can top that.

Don't you have a tuperware party to host with your lesbian volvo friends?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on February 23, 2009, 07:31:02 PM
I post a picture of a sagaris and you think that some bristol piece of shit can top that.

Don't you have a tuperware party to host with your lesbian volvo friends?

Fuck, lesbians drive Subarus, you jackass. Volvos are driven by wanna-be-sophisticate Eurotrash with too many kids.

FlatBlackCaddy

Eye of the Tiger

CALL_911

I always liked the 1, but man, I want a 370Z more than ever. :wub:

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

MrH

That's a horrible shade of blue on the 370.  I think the RX-8 looks infinitely better.  Why can't they use the same blue the RX-8 uses, or use the blue they had on the 350Z.  That was a beautiful color.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raza

Quote from: MrH on February 23, 2009, 09:32:51 PM
That's a horrible shade of blue on the 370.  I think the RX-8 looks infinitely better.  Why can't they use the same blue the RX-8 uses, or use the blue they had on the 350Z.  That was a beautiful color.

That blue's a little too bright, a little too flat, too.  Looks like it came from a Crayola box.  The old 350Z blue was much better.  They also had a dark blue recently that was gorgeous.

Are they going to sell it in burnt orange again?  I might be interested in that.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i