2010 Lexus RX

Started by Submariner, March 01, 2009, 08:10:10 PM

cawimmer430

Quote from: TBR on March 02, 2009, 01:58:14 PM
:banghead:

We're saying the C-class interior looks cheap. You're saying but it feels good and then criticizing the RX because it looks cheap.

I am criticizing the RX interior for indeed looking cheap. Because it does to me. And also because I am sick of all those brainwashed Lexus folks out there that think Lexus makes such "great interiors". Remember when the LS400 came out in 1989? People couldn't control themselves and had to shit on the street when they saw that gorgeous interior the LS400 had! Show them a W126 S-Class interior and they would say "CHEAP". FUCKING HILARIOUS. Seriously. I like the original LS400, I really do, because I think it is an original Lexus, but the interior aspect was always one of its WEAKEST points in my opinion.

The C-Class interior to me looks spartan in design, conservative, but having spent time inside these cars, having driven them the interior has made a solid impression on me. You want a cheap C-Class interior? Go look at the W203.

You should read some reviews about the LS vs the Germans. Many have stated that the cabin of the LS doesn't come across as charming and lacks the premium feel of the German cars. I believe it was Autoexpress and L'Automobile Magazine which mentioned this.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

CALL_911

So on one hand you're telling us that the c-class feels good, despite the fact that it looks like crap in pics. We all know the RX interior looks like crap, but you wouldn't know how cheap it is or isn't. Your brand blindness is pathetic.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TBR

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 02, 2009, 02:07:09 PM
I am criticizing the RX interior for indeed looking cheap. Because it does to me. And also because I am sick of all those brainwashed Lexus folks out there that think Lexus makes such "great interiors". Remember when the LS400 came out in 1989? People couldn't control themselves and had to shit on the street when they saw that gorgeous interior the LS400 had! Show the a W126 S-Class interior and they would say "CHEAP". FUCKING HILARIOUS. Seriously. I like the original LS400, I really do, because I think it is an original Lexus, but the interior aspect was always one of its WEAKEST points in my opinion.

The C-Class interior to me looks spartan in design, conservative, but having spent time inside these cars, having driven them the interior has made a solid impression on me. You want a cheap C-Class interior? Go look at the W203.

You should read some reviews about the LS vs the Germans. Many have stated that the cabin of the LS doesn't come across as charming and lacks the premium feel of the German cars. I believe it was Autoexpress and L'Automobile Magazine which mentioned this.

If anyone dares to say the C-class interior looks cheap you post three thousand different close-up pictures and insist that in person it is better than any of the competition.

Yet now you're saying the RX looks cheap without even seeing it in person. It is a blatant double standard and I think I speak for pretty much everyone when I say I am tired of your fanboyism.

cawimmer430

Quote from: CALL_911 on March 02, 2009, 02:09:49 PM
So on one hand you're telling us that the c-class feels good, despite the fact that it looks like crap in pics. We all know the RX interior looks like crap, but you wouldn't know how cheap it is or isn't. Your brand blindness is pathetic.

That's what I am telling you. RIGHT ON! Want a cookie?

In my experience, Lexus interiors are OVERRATED. They always have been. Let's get one thing straight. Build quality and quality of materials are two different things. All cars in this class have great interior build quality - but it is the materials that make the difference. Lexus, using what I suspect to be simple psychology, uses silver-colored plastics to FUCK with peoples minds. Silver looks more pleasing than black, right?

I can name you a bunch of interiors from mainstream cars we have here in Europe that would take a shit on most Lexus interiors.

For instance, this:

Citroen C5

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

TBR

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 02, 2009, 02:13:49 PM
That's what I am telling you. RIGHT ON! Want a cookie?

In my experience, Lexus interiors are OVERRATED. They always have been. Let's get one thing straight. Build quality and quality of materials are two different things. All cars in this class have great interior build quality - but it is the materials that make the difference. Lexus, using what I suspect to be simple psychology, uses silver-colored plastics to FUCK with peoples minds. Silver looks more pleasing than black, right?

I can name you a bunch of interiors from mainstream cars we have here in Europe that would take a shit on most Lexus interiors.

For instance, this:

Citroen C5

That takes a shit on most MB interiors too, which aren't overrated because everyone but you recognizes how far downhill they have gone in recent years.

cawimmer430

Quote from: TBR on March 02, 2009, 02:11:45 PM
If anyone dares to say the C-class interior looks cheap you post three thousand different close-up pictures and insist that in person it is better than any of the competition.

We're dealing with SUBJECTIVE OPINIONS here. To me the C-Class interior looks great. Maybe it is because I think further than most people. Oh, now I am sounding arrogant, huh? Fucking Germans.  :rolleyes:

It seems that most people stop thinking once they see the sparse and generally dark cabin of the C-Class equating it with CHEAP. But on Lexus cars, they see the silver-colored plastics which look like so friggin cool, right? Oh my god it is like the rebirth of Christ when you sit in a Lexus interior! I suspect that most people who rate Lexus interiors are RETARDS who obviously know shit about cars. You know, the type of fills out a Consumer Reports survey and thinks that Lexus has more brand prestige than BMW or Mercedes? Hilarious.

Quote from: TBR on March 02, 2009, 02:11:45 PMYet now you're saying the RX looks cheap without even seeing it in person. It is a blatant double standard and I think I speak for pretty much everyone when I say I am tired of your fanboyism.

I have admitted that I have not seen the new RX in person. When I do, I will make a thread about it here and post 3,000 pictures of every friggin detail, ok?  :rolleyes:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: TBR on March 02, 2009, 02:15:01 PM
That takes a shit on most MB interiors too, which aren't overrated because everyone but you recognizes how far downhill they have gone in recent years.

And I agree with you. The C5 interior looks better to me than that of the C-Class. Both are well-built, both look great, but the C5 cabin looks more inviting and warmer.

Actually, MB interiors have improved recently and they're quite good now.  :devil:

And I still maintain that Lexus interiors are completely overrated. Lexus is an overrated car company...excuse me, marketing company.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner

Quote from: GoCougs on March 02, 2009, 01:30:04 PM
I think the interior doesn't look luxury at all, specifically the steering wheel and shifter area and forward portion of the center console.

The Venza looks more upscale to me.

Aside from the odd cutout around the shifter (Toyota/Lexus seem to have a fetish with odd shapes on the console as of late) The Venza looks real nice inside; classy and upscale.

OTOH, the lexus blows.  Look at the bonnet release, not matching up with the cutout that surrounds it, or the climate controls, of the cheesy digital clock, of the cutout around the shifter, or the clearly misaligned glovebox (granted, it could be a pre-production flaw).  God, the entire design is just wretched.

In fact, I really like the Venza's interior, but my god...the RX actually gives the new Hybrid 250 a run for it's money in "most tacky interior in a new car" category.

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

TBR

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 02, 2009, 02:18:36 PM

We're dealing with SUBJECTIVE OPINIONS here. To me the C-Class interior looks great. Maybe it is because I think further than most people. Oh, now I am sounding arrogant, huh? Fucking Germans.  :rolleyes:
It sure would take a hell of a lot of thought to think the C-class interior looks good. An aesthetic decision doesn't require thought, it is instanteous. Perhaps if you put so much thought into the RX you would like it to.
It seems that most people stop thinking once they see the sparse and generally dark cabin of the C-Class equating it with CHEAP. But on Lexus cars, they see the silver-colored plastics which look like so friggin cool, right? Oh my god it is like the rebirth of Christ when you sit in a Lexus interior! I suspect that most people who rate Lexus interiors are RETARDS who obviously know shit about cars.
I think you are a retard who knows very little beyond Mercedes propaganda.
QuoteYou know, the type of fills out a Consumer Reports survey and thinks that Lexus has more brand prestige than BMW or Mercedes? Hilarious.
Not at all. The present is more important than the past and when it comes down to it in the present Lexus makes more reliable cars with significantly better customer service. Personally, I think anyone who cares about prestige at all isn't too bright, and that includes you.

I have admitted that I have not seen the new RX in person. When I do, I will make a thread about it here and post 3,000 pictures of every friggin detail, ok?  :rolleyes:
You do that and post all of these cheap details.

TBR

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 02, 2009, 02:20:15 PM
And I agree with you. The C5 interior looks better to me than that of the C-Class. Both are well-built, both look great, but the C5 cabin looks more inviting and warmer.

Actually, MB interiors have improved recently and they're quite good now.  :devil:

And I still maintain that Lexus interiors are completely overrated. Lexus is an overrated car company...excuse me, marketing company.

Mercedes is an overrated car company as well.

cawimmer430

Quote from: TBR on March 02, 2009, 02:22:58 PMI think you are a retard who knows very little beyond Mercedes propaganda.

:facepalm:

Quote from: TBR on March 02, 2009, 02:22:58 PMNot at all. The present is more important than the past and when it comes down to it in the present Lexus makes more reliable cars with significantly better customer service. Personally, I think anyone who cares about prestige at all isn't too bright, and that includes you.

I think differently. To me prestige is important when you're considering a luxury brand.

Quote from: TBR on March 02, 2009, 02:22:58 PMYou do that and post all of these cheap details.

Would you like me to photograph my vomit that I expelled over the dashboard too?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: TBR on March 02, 2009, 02:23:40 PM
Mercedes is an overrated car company as well.

So is Audi!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

TBR

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 02, 2009, 02:26:29 PM
So is Audi!
Maybe to a point, but Audi can't get away with selling their cars at significantly higher prices than the as good or better competition like Mercedes can.

cawimmer430

Geez, I was an in reference to your supposed Audi fanboyism...

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Galaxy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 02, 2009, 02:18:36 PM

We're dealing with SUBJECTIVE OPINIONS here.

Yes but you often post in absolutes.

TBR

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 02, 2009, 02:29:44 PM

Who has ever said I am an Audi fanboy? Just because I have a picture of one in my sig doesn't mean I am a fanboy ;).

CALL_911

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 02, 2009, 02:29:44 PM

Except he isn't an Audi fanboy.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TBR

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CALL_911

The whole Chrysler association must have done wonders for the prestige of MB, right?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TBR

Quote from: CALL_911 on March 02, 2009, 03:56:03 PM
The whole Chrysler association must have done wonders for the prestige of MB, right?

It was worse for Chrysler, Mercedes drove the best American car company (best meaning they had the best products and, I would imagine, the leanest cost structure (as a result of earlier problems)) into the ground in less than 10 years.

cawimmer430

Chrysler has more brand prestige than Lexus. FACT.

Honestly, you just cannot create a brand out of the blue (Lexus) and expect it to have the same brand prestige as brands that have been around far longer and have done and contributed more to the industry. Let's not forget that Lexus wouldn't be anywhere without the virtually unlimited cash reserves and financial power of Toyota.

Anyway, I am sick of arguing here. That RX dashboard looks tacky and not as well put together as the last generation model. A lot Club Lexus members have even expressed their doubt about it so if you don't believe me go read check it out on that forum.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

2o6

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 02, 2009, 04:09:07 PM

Honestly, you just cannot create a brand out of the blue (Lexus) and expect it to have the same brand prestige as brands that have been around far longer and have done and contributed more to the industry. Let's not forget that Lexus wouldn't be anywhere without the virtually unlimited cash reserves and financial power of Toyota.

Anyway, I am sick of arguing here. That RX dashboard looks tacky and not as well put together as the last generation model. A lot Club Lexus members have even expressed their doubt about it so if you don't believe me go read check it out on that forum.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

TBR

Wrong. Chrysler has more brand history than Lexus, but not more prestige. History doesn't equal prestige.
Honestly, you just cannot create a brand out of the blue (Lexus) and expect it to have the same brand prestige as brands that have been around far longer and have done and contributed more to the industry.
You'd be surprised, being reasonably priced and reliable will go a long way.
Let's not forget that Lexus wouldn't be anywhere without the virtually unlimited cash reserves and financial power of Toyota.
So they didn't enter on the ground floor, all the more reason that they were able to build up prestige so quickly
I agree it looks tacky, I don't necessarily agree that it looks low quality. In fact, as I have said numerous times (and you will immediately disagree), I feel like the C-class, regardless of color scheme, looks lower quality. Whether or not it actually is I don't really care since I am apparantly the only person that doesn't rub a car's dashboard affectionately before I start the car up and then measure any panel gaps with a pair of calipers.

Just to be clear, I generally don't like Lexus products. The only current product I would even consider is the GX470 and the only products they have ever made that I have lusted after are the original SC and the original IS.

CALL_911

Bull. Shit.

Toyota's been around for a long time, and it created Lexus. The fact that Lexus whipped MB through the '90s  made them even more credible. All the prestige in the world is meaningless, if a new guy can come and upset you like Lexus did.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CALL_911

Wimmer, just for the record, I don't like any of Lexus' cars out today (with the possible exception of the GX470). You just can't deny what they have accomplished, and you cannot deny them their strengths (interiors). You're giving MB credit where they don't deserve it, because they're MB.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CALL_911

Nick, your post lagged my iPod. Can you delete that?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

ifcar

To be fair, the 2010 RX I sat in at the auto show had some misaligned panels. (Preproduction though.)

But it is undeniably a double standard to base anything but styling from a photo with one make of car and not another.

GoCougs

Don't want to beat up on you with the others, but it's fact that Lexus has pretty much the same brand prestige in the USA as Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz. Whether it should is another matter entirely - and Chrysler ain't even close.