Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

Started by CALL_911, March 01, 2009, 09:09:53 PM

SVT666

Quote from: ChrisV on March 02, 2009, 10:21:44 AM
If you're leaving the truck stock, I don't see an issue with it. It's strong and it lasts. 250k on my dad's ranger with no suspension isses (and it was beat on heavily). Yeah, they suck if you want to lower the truck, but I never had an issue with my '96 Splash.

I wouldn't mind still having that truck. Comfy, economical 4cyl, stylish, quick enough to get around with, and very useful. I liked it better as a vehicle than my Toyota or Datsuns.
We always had issues with losing the alignment on our Explorers that had it.  Other then that, it was fine.

SVT_Power

this seems like a thread i should be posting in  :lol:

Got & shouldn't have...:

Could've:

Should've:

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

I want a SVT Contour. Give me yours now.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT_Power

Quote from: NACar on March 02, 2009, 10:54:57 AM
I want a SVT Contour. Give me yours now.

No.

The next two weeks are gonna feel like an eternity...
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: M_power on March 02, 2009, 10:57:27 AM
No.

The next two weeks are gonna feel like an eternity...

You'll be feeling more eternity unless you give me Contour. I'll trade Swift. It's okay deal, trust me.

SVT_Power

Quote from: NACar on March 02, 2009, 10:58:38 AM
You'll be feeling more eternity unless you give me Contour. I'll trade Swift. It's okay deal, trust me.

The swift doesn't even have an engine in it. And that crack in the block? I don't need a contour, revived swift edition.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: M_power on March 02, 2009, 10:59:34 AM
The swift doesn't even have an engine in it. And that crack in the block? I don't need a contour, revived swift edition.

Crack is just trivial matter. No big deal. Swift will run with engine at end of this week.

Colonel Cadillac

S204STi

Quote from: CALL_911 on March 01, 2009, 10:44:34 PM
Legacy 2.5 GT? Used A4 2.0T quattro?

The car had to be a hatch or wagon with a turbo and a stick.  Legacy didn't fit that bill.

TBR

Quote from: R-inge on March 02, 2009, 11:32:48 AM
The car had to be a hatch or wagon with a turbo and a stick.  Legacy didn't fit that bill.

Uh, yeah it did.

CALL_911

Quote from: R-inge on March 02, 2009, 11:32:48 AM

You could've gotten a 2.5GT wagon, or an A4 2.0T avant.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

The Pirate

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 02, 2009, 10:43:31 AM
We always had issues with losing the alignment on our Explorers that had it.  Other then that, it was fine.

Same with my '91 Ranger.  I was tough on that truck though, it saw a lot of off road abuse.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

SVT666

Quote from: The Pirate on March 02, 2009, 12:51:39 PM
Same with my '91 Ranger.  I was tough on that truck though, it saw a lot of off road abuse.
Our Explorers saw more offroad use then the average SUV so that may have been the problem too.  Though I have been told by a Ford mechanic that they re-aligned Explorers and Rangers more then any other vehicle in the Ford lineup.

Eye of the Tiger

I never aligned my Ranger, I just put cheap tires on it. :praise:

280Z Turbo

Quote from: NACar on March 02, 2009, 12:58:54 PM
I never aligned my Ranger, I just put cheap tires on it. :praise:

My Ranger had Fisk All-Season SR4 tires. :lol:

Onslaught

Quote from: ChrisV on March 02, 2009, 10:21:44 AM
If you're leaving the truck stock, I don't see an issue with it. It's strong and it lasts. 250k on my dad's ranger with no suspension isses (and it was beat on heavily). Yeah, they suck if you want to lower the truck, but I never had an issue with my '96 Splash.

I wouldn't mind still having that truck. Comfy, economical 4cyl, stylish, quick enough to get around with, and very useful. I liked it better as a vehicle than my Toyota or Datsuns.
Well they had issues keeping alignment. Had them in at work all the time. And our Bronco had to have one almost every other year or so.
And I think they drove like shit too. But that's just me.

SVT666

Quote from: Onslaught on March 02, 2009, 01:00:16 PM
Well they had issues keeping alignment. And I think they drove like shit too. But that's just me.
Yeah, handling wasn't great IIRC.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on March 02, 2009, 01:00:09 PM
My Ranger had Fisk All-Season SR4 tires. :lol:

Isn't that the scissor company?  :lol:

Onslaught

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 02, 2009, 01:00:53 PM
Yeah, handling wasn't great IIRC.
I bash Ford from time to time. And sometime is just because they piss me off at work.
But I do feel that losing the twin I beam was a good thing. I can't think of any advantage it had.

Eye of the Tiger

The Pirate

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 02, 2009, 12:56:25 PM
Our Explorers saw more offroad use then the average SUV so that may have been the problem too.  Though I have been told by a Ford mechanic that they re-aligned Explorers and Rangers more then any other vehicle in the Ford lineup.

Yeah, my indie guy wasn't particularly fond of the TTB setup.  But I definitely abused the truck, so I can't fault it for needing alignments frequently.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Tave on March 01, 2009, 09:20:47 PM
I had the opportunity to buy this when I graduated high school and passed on it. :(

That looks almost exactly like my car...

NomisR

I wanted

Saw

And ended up with

Tave

Quote from: hotrodalex on March 02, 2009, 03:13:50 PM
That looks almost exactly like my car...

Thanks for rubbing it in. :devil:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

hotrodalex

MrH

Quote from: NomisR on March 02, 2009, 03:55:29 PM
I wanted

Saw

And ended up with

Did you go with the Elise because you couldn't see out of the back of the Exige?  Or did the right deal just come along?  Or are you just really found of yellow cars?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Tave

I would never consider the Exige unless I simply couldn't find an Elise in a reasonable amount of time. I don't get the Exige at all. I can't see what it offers over the Elise: more expensive, slightly worse performance, and a detachable hardtop (that also comes with the Elise :loopy: ).
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

BimmerM3

Quote from: Tave on March 02, 2009, 05:01:01 PM
I would never consider the Exige unless I simply couldn't find an Elise in a reasonable amount of time. I don't get the Exige at all. I can't see what it offers over the Elise: more expensive, slightly worse performance, and a detachable hardtop (that also comes with the Elise :loopy: ).

IIRC correctly, the hardtop on the Exige isn't built to be removed like it is on the Elise. Does the Exige really perform worse though? I always assumed that it was a tiny bit faster because of the price.

I agree though. I would never buy an Exige when I could get an Elise.

dazzleman

I have no regrets about the cars I've bought, or not bought. At one point, I considered getting a second car as a weekend driver, but I'm glad I didn't.

On my current car, my onlt regret is the color.  Not a big deal, but I wish I had gone with something darker.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!