Gunma, we have yet another problem

Started by the Teuton, March 06, 2009, 05:51:08 PM

What the hell is wrong with Teuton's car?

It's the alternator
0 (0%)
It's the head unit
7 (58.3%)
Let's face it, God just doesn't like you
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 10

S204STi

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 12, 2009, 10:56:36 PM
In the '84 Toronado, the radio would occasionally tune itself in to some AM Hell-and-brimfire type gospel station.

Also, occasionally it would engage the power driver's seat to move forward and refuse to move back, slowly crushing my knees into the dash.

(pst... hellfire and brimstone..)

My wife's tuner has a habit of changing stations on its own as well.  Plus it has possibly the worst reception ever.  Driving between parts of Idaho through northern Utah and southern Wyoming we had nothing but static.  Here in town it's ok though.

Also, this reminds me; many of our newer vehicles have pre-programmed seats that move back for the driver to exit and then forward again when they close the doors... well, when a munchkin gets out of the car and I hop in I occasionally have one of those situations where I end up crammed into the dashboard....  I'd rather not be impaled by the steering wheel, thanks.:rage:

Raza

In the '84 Toronado, the radio would occasionally tune itself in to some AM Hell-and-brimfire type gospel station.

Also, occasionally it would engage the power driver's seat to move forward and refuse to move back, slowly crushing my knees into the dash.

Didn't Christine do something similar?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on March 13, 2009, 08:29:36 AM
(pst... hellfire and brimstone..)

My wife's tuner has a habit of changing stations on its own as well.  Plus it has possibly the worst reception ever.  Driving between parts of Idaho through northern Utah and southern Wyoming we had nothing but static.  Here in town it's ok though.

Also, this reminds me; many of our newer vehicles have pre-programmed seats that move back for the driver to exit and then forward again when they close the doors... well, when a munchkin gets out of the car and I hop in I occasionally have one of those situations where I end up crammed into the dashboard....  I'd rather not be impaled by the steering wheel, thanks.:rage:

I've never been in a car like that.  Our Benzes have memory seats that can be programmed and connected to a key (In Scenario A, Husband B and Wife C share car.  B sits far back, C sits up close.  B and C use different keys to the same car, program their seating and air conditioning settings to the key, and when they unlock the car, before they get in the seat and aircon has been set to how they left it the last time they drove it, regardless of who drove last).  I never did get it to work though.  Not that it was very relevant, because shortly after I got my license, we stopped sharing cars.

Wait, does my mom's car do that?  I do remember being nearly crushed to death in her car getting in, but at most I can recall the steering wheel tilting to the extreme up when leaving the car.  Hm...

I like manual seats.  I've got a power seatback.  Perfect.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on March 13, 2009, 09:16:38 AM
I've never been in a car like that.  Our Benzes have memory seats that can be programmed and connected to a key (In Scenario A, Husband B and Wife C share car.  B sits far back, C sits up close.  B and C use different keys to the same car, program their seating and air conditioning settings to the key, and when they unlock the car, before they get in the seat and aircon has been set to how they left it the last time they drove it, regardless of who drove last).  I never did get it to work though.  Not that it was very relevant, because shortly after I got my license, we stopped sharing cars.

Wait, does my mom's car do that?  I do remember being nearly crushed to death in her car getting in, but at most I can recall the steering wheel tilting to the extreme up when leaving the car.  Hm...

I like manual seats.  I've got a power seatback.  Perfect.

Manual seats with power adjustable lumbar support would be perfect, in my mind.

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on March 13, 2009, 10:18:13 AM
Manual seats with power adjustable lumbar support would be perfect, in my mind.

I don't even really need that, honestly.  I just set my lumbar to full and leave it.  Over long drives, I do tend to mess with the seatback now, since my car doesn't have as much lumbar support as my Passat did. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Rupert

Dang, that's devious. I think I would have sold that car the first time I was crushed into the dash. Did both things ever happen at once? :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Psilos on March 13, 2009, 06:46:09 PM
Dang, that's devious. I think I would have sold that car the first time I was crushed into the dash. Did both things ever happen at once? :lol:

Yes, it was possessed.

I sold the car to a Jehovah's witness for $500.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on March 13, 2009, 02:03:43 PM
I don't even really need that, honestly.  I just set my lumbar to full and leave it.  Over long drives, I do tend to mess with the seatback now, since my car doesn't have as much lumbar support as my Passat did. 

The thing I like about some VWs with the power lumber is that you can adjust the height of the support.  That can help fine tune the seat.

Rupert

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 13, 2009, 06:49:13 PM
Yes, it was possessed.

I sold the car to a Jehovah's witness for $500.

Ahahahaha! Nice.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

the Teuton

After 847 miles in two days' worth of driving, the radio crapped out three times.  Overall, the car ran like a champ, though, and over the course of the trip it averaged 27.3 mpg at speeds of about 65-80 mph, mostly around 75.  Not bad.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

hotrodalex

Quote from: R-inge on March 13, 2009, 07:27:32 PM
The thing I like about some VWs with the power lumber is that you can adjust the height of the support.  That can help fine tune the seat.

Same in BMWs. Of course that means you can spend 10+ minutes just adjusting the seat...