GTPC 408

Started by Colin, March 07, 2009, 01:35:17 PM

Colin

Apologies for the delay....... I was out all day at the Geneva Auto Salon.

So, here's an easy one!

TBR

Somewhere in the UK.

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

TBR

For some reason I was thinking the UK was the only one that used white for the center line.

Colin

None of those count as "guesses"....... so I'm saying nothing until we get something just a little more precise!

Payman

Anything significant about this place? Could be anywhere...  :huh:

Colin

It is a very famous place......... on the tourist trail in the country in which is located, and with international renown. There is an edible product named after the place at the bottom of the road. It does feature from time to time in various motoring publications, as the road, a part of which is depicted, is quite good to drive along.

Enough clues?

giant_mtb

Hmmm...gotta be Stonehenge.

Colin

Not Stonehenge...........

giant_mtb

I know.  I was being sarcastic. :mask:

Colin

I resisted the urge to make some sarcastic response .......... I did nearly ask you to name the edible product that is associated with Stonehenge, but thought I'd just wait and see if someone can come up with a more plausible answer!

J86

Stonehenge...now I have Spinal Tap in my head!

Payman

Spamelot?

Seriously, we need something more...

sandertheshark

Quote from: Colin on March 09, 2009, 01:07:33 AM
It is a very famous place......... on the tourist trail in the country in which is located, and with international renown. There is an edible product named after the place at the bottom of the road. It does feature from time to time in various motoring publications, as the road, a part of which is depicted, is quite good to drive along.

Enough clues?

Not really.

Cadbury, UK?

Colin

Ok, well it is in the UK.

And Stonehenge, whilst being a ridiculous guess, is not that distant.........

Think of the sort of topograhpy that is depicted............ would a cheesey grin help?

MaxPower

Colin

No, that's in Wales, and is famous for a castle (and not a lot else).......... but on the right lines!

sparkplug

Pennines. Just guessing.
Getting stoned, one stone at a time.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

sandertheshark

Colin

Not Gloucester (pronounced "Gloster" despite all the best efforts of my American friends to go for a more phoenetic pronunciation!)

Payman

Colin

No...... try a place rather than a county (that rules out most English cheeses!)......

sandertheshark

giant_mtb

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Byteme

I might as well join everybody else and be wrong.    :facepalm:
Loch Ness area?

Colin

Indeed, you are all wrong.

So, you are looking for a place (not a whole county) in England, after which a world-famous cheese is named.

And geographically, it is not even that many miles from Stonehenge.

Any more clues and I would be telling you the answer!

Byteme

Quote from: Colin on March 18, 2009, 08:01:36 AM
Indeed, you are all wrong.

So, you are looking for a place (not a whole county) in England, after which a world-famous cheese is named.

And geographically, it is not even that many miles from Stonehenge.

Any more clues and I would be telling you the answer!

So it involves a cheese and a cut for a road.  Some place where someone famous cut the cheese?  I've looked at all sorts of maps of the stonehenge area and don't see any place names that are in common with famous cheeses.

England makes a lot of different cheeses, many are cottage industries.  Cottage cheese?   :praise:

Colin

It is a Gorge...... name after the cheese that originates from the village at the bottom of the gorge.

It is in the south west of England. Look at the map again!