Mustang GT vs 370z Edmunds.

Started by 565, March 11, 2009, 11:58:28 AM

NomisR

Quote from: Nethead on March 13, 2009, 07:46:32 AM
NomisR:  In the Edmunds testing, the Mustang with its sport package stopped from 60 MPH in 107 feet, the 350Z with its sport package stopped from 60 MPH in 108 feet.

Some have noted the front dive of the Mustang when braked hard in the video--that works for me if it can stop a foot shorter than a lighter, no-slouch, two-seat sportscar equipped with a sport package.

A little front-end dive beats a little front-end impact any day, any time where I come from... :ohyeah:

I prefer not having any nose diving when I brake.  It means too much weight transfer to the front and may result in brake fade. 

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on March 13, 2009, 11:09:49 AM
With the more sculpted door panels and the little upkick in the rear quarter panels just behind the doors, I actually think the new one is more dramatic to look at than the '05-'09.

Whatever flips your switch, as they say.

But mind you, for a very long time, I hated the S197.  There are probably dozens of posts circa 2004 or 5 from me on this very forum calling it hideous, retro, derivative, and saying that I like the 04 car better.  Now I desperately want one.  Maybe I'll warm to this new model the same way.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=17999.msg1018312#msg1018312 date=1236971709

But mind you, for a very long time, I hated the S197.  There are probably dozens of posts circa 2004 or 5 from me on this very forum calling it hideous, retro, derivative, and saying that I like the 04 car better.  Now I desperately want one.  Maybe I'll warm to this new model the same way.
I still prefer the '05-'09 as well, though I do really like the new one.  I know that in a year or so, it will switch, but until then I still prefer the current Stang...especially the GT500KR.

Cobra93

Quote from: Raza  on March 13, 2009, 01:15:09 PM

How desperately?

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Cobra93

Quote from: Raza  on March 13, 2009, 03:08:20 PM
I can't afford it.
Oh well. :huh:  I hate to put it on eBay because of the "won't pay much for anything" mentality there. Guess I'll list it locally.

Raza

Quote from: Cobra93 on March 13, 2009, 03:14:06 PM
Oh well. :huh:  I hate to put it on eBay because of the "won't pay much for anything" mentality there. Guess I'll list it locally.

Is it a stick?

Aren't you in Canada?

How much?

It's a coupe, right?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Cobra93

Quote from: Raza  on March 13, 2009, 03:16:22 PM
Is it a stick?

Aren't you in Canada?

How much?

It's a coupe, right?
'05 GT Premium, Mineral Gray, black leather, stick, interior upgrade package. 7K miles. Garage stored. Still smells new. It's in my sig pic. I'm in NW Mississippi. Wanting $18K or so.

Raza

Quote from: Cobra93 on March 13, 2009, 03:21:28 PM
'05 GT Premium, Mineral Gray, black leather, stick, interior upgrade package. 7K miles. Garage stored. Still smells new. It's in my sig pic. I'm in NW Mississippi. Wanting $18K or so.

Then who the hell am I thinking of who lives in Canada?  Oh right, FordSVT.  What happened to that guy?

At that price, I definitely can't afford it though.  Pull out that 8, though, and we can make a deal. 

Best of luck with the sale.  Why are you getting rid of it?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Cobra93

Quote from: Raza  on March 13, 2009, 03:27:54 PM
Then who the hell am I thinking of who lives in Canada?  Oh right, FordSVT.  What happened to that guy?

At that price, I definitely can't afford it though.  Pull out that 8, though, and we can make a deal. 

Best of luck with the sale.  Why are you getting rid of it?
Mid life crisis. Time for a Corvette.  :lol:

Raza

Quote from: Cobra93 on March 13, 2009, 03:29:11 PM

:lol:

Good luck.  At least it's not a sad sale. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Cobra93

Quote from: Raza  on March 13, 2009, 03:30:52 PM
:lol:

Good luck.  At least it's not a sad sale. 
Nope. I enjoyed it. Somebody's gonna get a nice ride.

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on March 13, 2009, 03:27:54 PM

He decided we were too immature for him.  Sort of ironic.

NomisR

Quote from: Cobra93 on March 13, 2009, 03:40:16 PM

Sloppy seconds?

SVT666

Quote from: Cobra93 on March 13, 2009, 03:40:16 PM
You didn't enjoy it.  You never drove it.  7000 miles in 4 years?  How do you drive a Mustang GT less then 2000 miles a year?

TBR

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 13, 2009, 09:06:46 PM
You didn't enjoy it.  You never drove it.  7000 miles in 4 years?  How do you drive a Mustang GT less then 2000 miles a year?
No kidding, and I thought he was a sales guy yet I see no mention of a company car.

Cobra93

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 13, 2009, 09:06:46 PM
I work at home, therefore no commuting mileage. I don't drive it in nasty weather. I drive it when I want to drive.

Cobra93

Quote from: TBR on March 13, 2009, 09:17:01 PM
No kidding, and I thought he was a sales guy yet I see no mention of a company car.
2002 PT Cruiser. Lots of miles on that one.

TBR

Quote from: Cobra93 on March 13, 2009, 09:30:18 PM
2002 PT Cruiser. Lots of miles on that one.

Actually, I vaguely recall that now. Just out of curiosity, how many?

Cobra93

Quote from: TBR on March 13, 2009, 09:37:41 PM
Actually, I vaguely recall that now. Just out of curiosity, how many?
81K. I started my business by going out and calling on prospects, first with my wife's old Saturn and then with the PT. As I devoted more time to internet marketing, I drove less every year. And sorry to dissappoint you guys, but whatever replaces the Mustang won't get a lot of miles on it either. :mrcool:

The Pirate

You're in the remanufactured engine business, right?  How is business for you right now?
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TBR

Quote from: Cobra93 on March 14, 2009, 10:16:32 AM
81K. I started my business by going out and calling on prospects, first with my wife's old Saturn and then with the PT. As I devoted more time to internet marketing, I drove less every year. And sorry to dissappoint you guys, but whatever replaces the Mustang won't get a lot of miles on it either. :mrcool:
Well that's practically brand new, you disappointed me.

High mileage cars are always interesting to me, to just see how they handled extreme use. My theory is that it all comes down to maintenance more than make or model, my Prelude has over 350,000 miles on it and I wouldn't hesitate to take it on a long trip.

Does your business have a web site, if so, what's the address? PM me if you'd prefer, if the Prelude ever needs a new engine (its second has about 120k on it), it'd be nice to buy one from someone I know.

Cobra93

Quote from: The Pirate on March 14, 2009, 10:24:49 AM
You're in the remanufactured engine business, right?  How is business for you right now?
It's booming. Gone are the days when any swinging dick with bad credit could walk into a dealership with $1 down and drive out in a new car. Now they fix their old car.  :ohyeah:

Cobra93

Quote from: TBR on March 14, 2009, 10:29:55 AM
Well that's practically brand new, you disappointed me.

High mileage cars are always interesting to me, to just see how they handled extreme use. My theory is that it all comes down to maintenance more than make or model, my Prelude has over 350,000 miles on it and I wouldn't hesitate to take it on a long trip.

I put about as many on the Saturn before I got the PT. I have some pretty good insight on how long engines hold up based on my sales. Although I'm very conscientuous about my maintenance, I'm not expecting a lot from the 2.4 in the PT. I get a lot of calls on that engine.

Quote from: TBR on March 14, 2009, 10:29:55 AMDoes your business have a web site, if so, what's the address? PM me if you'd prefer, if the Prelude ever needs a new engine (its second has about 120k on it), it'd be nice to buy one from someone I know.
One of my websites is in my profile info.

SVT666

Quote from: Cobra93 on March 14, 2009, 10:16:32 AM
Personally I think you should hold onto the Mustang until the economy turns around.  You'll be able to get more for it at that time.  Most 2005 Mustang GT's are going for about $18K and they have way more miles on them.  If I was in the market right now, I would hop on a plane and take that car off your hands.

Cobra93

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 14, 2009, 01:27:08 PM
Personally I think you should hold onto the Mustang until the economy turns around.  You'll be able to get more for it at that time.  Most 2005 Mustang GT's are going for about $18K and they have way more miles on them.  If I was in the market right now, I would hop on a plane and take that car off your hands.
You've got a good point. However, the economy is keeping down the price of cars I want to buy, so it's sort of a wash. If I wait till the economy turns around, I'll also be paying more for it's replacement. I wish you were in the market. I'd like to see it go to somebody who would appreciate it.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Cobra93 on March 13, 2009, 03:29:11 PM
Smart man!  :rockon: After you pick up your C6 you can trade your "2 wheeled minivan" for a Gixxer!  :lol:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

TBR

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 14, 2009, 01:27:08 PM

The economy is driving up the prices of used cars while driving down the prices of new cars.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: TBR on March 14, 2009, 04:03:58 PM
The economy is driving up the prices of used cars while driving down the prices of new cars.

Not all of them. "Toy" cars like Corvettes are pretty good bargains used right now, because a lot of people are unloading that third car.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

TBR

Quote from: Soup DeVille on March 14, 2009, 04:06:50 PM
Not all of them. "Toy" cars like Corvettes are pretty good bargains used right now, because a lot of people are unloading that third car.

That makes sense.