6 (85.7%)
Use the lift to act as an engine hoist and pull the engine
0 (0%)
Start taking stuff off the top and pull the block in the end
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

SVT_Power

status?

I found out i need to pull the engine and tranny together so time to start taking stuff off the damn thing
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

update: engine and tranny are out.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

3.0L V6

If you don't mind me asking, are you able to take pics so we can see your progress?

Secret Chimp

Frealz, with some young whippersnapper mechaninerd kiddies I'd think somebody would have a camera.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

SVT_Power

update:

engine is in, almost everything's connected - couple of cut wires (fucking last mechanic...), couple of connectors we can't find the ends for, vacuum lines broke when we lifted the engine. I gotta get a crimp thing for the CV boot then put the shafts back in the tranny, reattach tie rod and ball joint.

SVT_Power

looks like im gonna have to wait until next week for the dealership parts dept to open until i can get new vacuum lines, then finished.

Secret Chimp

Quote from: M_power on March 21, 2009, 03:49:44 PM
looks like im gonna have to wait until next week for the dealership parts dept to open until i can get new vacuum lines, then finished.

Why can't you just get some bulk rubber line from an auto parts store

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Secret Chimp on March 21, 2009, 10:45:58 PM
Why can't you just get some bulk rubber line from an auto parts store

Ford decided to use a tiny hard plastic thing for their vacuum lines

sportyaccordy

Quote from: M_power on March 22, 2009, 02:16:57 AM
Ford decided to use a tiny hard plastic thing for their vacuum lines
Vacuum line is vacuum line boss man. Wow, good job on the swap

SVT_Power

now i can't get the belt in (didn't think about this at all before)...

im getting really pissed off working on this thing

SVT_Power

a bit late but pics from when the motor was out:

Raza

What are you doing with the old engine?  I'd clean it up and turn it into a coffee table, like they did on Top Gear.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=18052.msg1025276#msg1025276 date=1237759985
What are you doing with the old engine?  I'd clean it up and turn it into a coffee table, like they did on Top Gear.

That engine doesn't look very beautiful.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 2o6 on March 22, 2009, 05:45:38 PM

That engine doesn't look very beautiful.
Put it in the basement then.  :lol:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

the Teuton

Ford doesn't like to give you a whole lot of under hood space on those cars, do they?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

2o6

Quote from: the Teuton on March 22, 2009, 06:21:58 PM
Ford doesn't like to give you a whole lot of under hood space on those cars, do they?

He's got a big ol' engine in a compact sedan.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on March 22, 2009, 06:21:58 PM

It's a DOHC V6 in a little car. What do you expect?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on March 22, 2009, 06:33:09 PM
He's got a big ol' engine in a compact sedan.

fuck you and your 35 seconds

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on March 22, 2009, 06:33:44 PM
It's a DOHC V6 in a little car. What do you expect?

As the brother of a semi-former owner of a V6 Contour, I know.  But that engine really isn't compact at all.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on March 22, 2009, 06:36:03 PM
As the brother of a semi-former owner of a V6 Contour, I know.  But that engine really isn't compact at all.

As a tire lube guy who pulled a V6 Contour into the garage for an oil change today, I don't think anybody ever said that engine was compact. It has huge big heads.

SVT_Power

it ever so barely even comes out of the engine bay even with the coil pack removed

the Teuton

Physically, it's one of the biggest V6s I've ever seen.

SVT_Power

damn it i dont think anyone has the vacuum lines anymore. looks like i'll have to make my own using vacuum hoses. damn it.

FoMoJo

Don't give up.  Is your replacement engine an SVT?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

SVT_Power

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 23, 2009, 12:24:58 PM
Don't give up.  Is your replacement engine an SVT?

of course

SVT_Power

i think i need to replace a wheel bearing as well

sportyaccordy

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on March 22, 2009, 06:16:58 PM
Put it in the basement then.  :lol:
Reminds me of a hilarious thread on another forum about a dude who built his motor in his basement, but couldn't figure out how to get it up the stairs :lol:

SVT_Power

fuck put on the damn belt tomorrow and car's good for running.

but i gotta fix a strut mount and a wheel bearing. but those are only if i need to drive it. it'll run tmr.

S204STi

Quote from: M_power on March 24, 2009, 01:17:54 AM
fuck put on the damn belt tomorrow and car's good for running.

but i gotta fix a strut mount and a wheel bearing. but those are only if i need to drive it. it'll run tmr.

Were you able to figure out your vacuum lines?