Camaro SS prototype lapped ?Ring in 8:19

Started by SVT666, March 16, 2009, 09:25:33 PM

sportyaccordy

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 17, 2009, 11:06:53 PM
I'm not being hypocritical.  The Mustang isn't built by Chevy.  Both the Cobalt SS and the Camaro SS are.  The Camaro has 162 more horsepower, 148 lb-ft of additional TQ, is RWD, has a 6 speed manual, IRS, costs over $7000 more, and is supposed to be their performance champ behind the Corvette.  If Ford built an SVT Focus that is virtually as fast as the GT500, I would be saying there needs to be a bigger performance gap between the two.
Maybe in a drag race... throw in turns and an automatic C6 drop top would run circles around even the best Camaro ever. That's like saying since the new Accord coupe is about as fast as an S2000 they're too close for comfort....

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: NomisR on March 18, 2009, 01:17:00 PM
It doesn't look any worse than a Mustang or a Challenger.  Although the interior looks like ass.

I think it is a distant third to both the mustang and challenger, i don't know if that would qualify it as looking like ass but i certainly understand hemi's opinion.

NomisR

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on March 18, 2009, 03:30:06 PM
I think it is a distant third to both the mustang and challenger, i don't know if that would qualify it as looking like ass but i certainly understand hemi's opinion.

Because it has less of a retro look compared to the other cars?  The problem I found with Mustangs and even more so with Challenger is that they look really dated already.  And the Challenger looks more retro than the Mustang even though it is newer.  I think the Camaro's exterior would stay fresher in comparison. 

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: NomisR on March 18, 2009, 03:33:44 PM
Because it has less of a retro look compared to the other cars?  The problem I found with Mustangs and even more so with Challenger is that they look really dated already.  And the Challenger looks more retro than the Mustang even though it is newer.  I think the Camaro's exterior would stay fresher in comparison. 

No, because it looks like ass compared to the other cars. The current(pre 2010) mustang looks good from all angles. The design is smooth and cohesive, ditto the challenger. The camaro looks like it had 3 designers and each of them liked a different generation of camaro. Then some bean counter came in and told them to settle their differences they could each design a section of the car implementing styling ques from their favorite camaro generation. The guy who did the front end did a great job, give him a bonus. The other 2 cobbled the side profile together into that rediculous quarter and rear end and threw some retarded fake side fins in for good measure.

SVT666

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on March 18, 2009, 03:37:09 PM
No, because it looks like ass compared to the other cars. The current(pre 2010) mustang looks good from all angles. The design is smooth and cohesive, ditto the challenger. The camaro looks like it had 3 designers and each of them liked a different generation of camaro. Then some bean counter came in and told them to settle their differences they could each design a section of the car implementing styling ques from their favorite camaro generation. The guy who did the front end did a great job, give him a bonus. The other 2 cobbled the side profile together into that rediculous quarter and rear end and threw some retarded fake side fins in for good measure.
I can't argue with that.

NomisR

I agree with the assessment that the front looks significantly better than the side and the rear.  But it's not necessarily ass.  I'll have to see that thing in person to judge though. 

SVT666

Quote from: NomisR on March 18, 2009, 03:40:17 PM
I agree with the assessment that the front looks significantly better than the side and the rear.  But it's not necessarily ass.  I'll have to see that thing in person to judge though. 
I have seen it and I still thought it looked like ass.

2o6

I don't think that the 2010 Mustang looks very good. I think it's a rather lazy attempt at a restyle.

SVT666

Quote from: 2o6 on March 18, 2009, 03:43:02 PM

I don't think that the 2010 Mustang looks very good. I think it's a rather lazy attempt at a restyle.
Well, you're an idiot. :ohyeah:

How is it lazy?

TBR

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 18, 2009, 03:43:33 PM

How is it lazy?

If it isn't a lazy attempt at a restyle, what is it?

2o6

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 18, 2009, 03:43:33 PM

How is it lazy?

To the untrained eye, it looks exactly the same as the car it replaced.

FlatBlackCaddy

When i was talking about the mustang i was talking about the current body style NOT the 2010 restyle.

Eye of the Tiger

THIS IS CAMARO THREAD. KEEP YOUR GOD DAMN MUSTANG TROLLING IN THE MUSTANG THREAD. THIS IS CAMARO THREAD.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

2o6

The Camaro does not have fins. Those are hips.

FlatBlackCaddy

Let's get back to talking about the fatty.

SVT666

SVT666

Quote from: NACar on March 18, 2009, 03:46:54 PM
THIS IS CAMARO THREAD. KEEP YOUR GOD DAMN MUSTANG TROLLING IN THE MUSTANG THREAD. THIS IS CAMARO THREAD.
I didn't bring it up.

SVT666

Quote from: 2o6 on March 18, 2009, 03:48:13 PM
The Camaro does not have fins. Those are hips.
I see fins.  What do you call them?

FlatBlackCaddy

The camaro is back baby, the legacy continues.

I wonder if GM will have a factory delete option for the steering, i won't be needing it.  :rockon:

FlatBlackCaddy

ahh memories, can't wait to have some more. Just ordered a 2ss in black with the fin delete.

SVT666

the Teuton

I wonder if GM will sell the car with a factory solid rear axle option through COPO.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT666

Sigma Projects

I think the camaro looks good for a come back, I mean after it's out for a few years it can get a refresh. I mean I guess I'm in the minority that I like all sides except the front.

And it's sad that cars like the Camaro and Mustang just get grouped into drag racing and drag racing only. I mean their roots are more in SCCA and Trans-Am? I rather see the car come back to its roots.
RAs, the last of the RWD Celicas

NomisR

Quote from: HEMI666 on March 18, 2009, 03:41:06 PM
I have seen it and I still thought it looked like ass.

It doesn't look too bad but some of the details makes it look like a toy and cheap.  Maybe it'll look better in black.

GoCougs

I keep sayin' it - I think it looks fantastic - better than the Mustang, and infinitely better than the Challenger.

TBR

Quote from: GoCougs on March 18, 2009, 04:35:31 PM
I keep sayin' it - I think it looks fantastic - better than the Mustang, and infinitely better than the Challenger.

I personally think all three look quite good, but I think the Camaro is my favorite. The Challenger is slab-sided and I just can get over the black trim on the Mustang.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 2o6 on March 18, 2009, 03:45:19 PM

To the untrained eye, it looks exactly the same as the car it replaced.
True!
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

MX793

Quote from: 2o6 on March 18, 2009, 03:43:02 PM

Yeah, kinda like the Porsche 997.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5