What should I tell the judge when I go to court for my red light ticket?

Started by BENZ BOY15, March 21, 2009, 01:43:44 AM

TurboDan

Yeah... but it's nice to be at home for the summer, especially after being away for school.  I would stay in SD.

dazzleman

Quote from: TurboDan on March 26, 2009, 05:20:11 PM
Yeah... but it's nice to be at home for the summer, especially after being away for school.  I would stay in SD.

Your situation is different.  I don't think your parents suffocate you, or want to keep you around to run errands, as if you were still in high school.  He needs to get away.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

BENZ BOY15

They're not bad people. They just are who they are, very nice...but a little controlling. They married each other because they're both the same. I know a lot of doctors and they're basically the same: They all like to control every aspect of the patient process. Often times, they forget that when they come home, they're not at the operating table.

Although, I know a lot of more neurotic parents than mine. Mine are pretty nice people. Sure they have their faults...but who doesn't?

dazzleman

Nobody said they're bad people.  If you want to stay, stay.  I bet you will.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

TurboDan

Quote from: dazzleman on March 26, 2009, 05:29:14 PM
Your situation is different.  I don't think your parents suffocate you, or want to keep you around to run errands, as if you were still in high school.  He needs to get away.

Haha, nah, they're still trying to get rid of me.  :lol:

There's talk of moving to Florida.   :tounge:

BENZ BOY15

TurboDan- How old are you? I didn't know you lived with your parents.

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Quote from: TurboDan on March 26, 2009, 09:51:05 PM
Haha, nah, they're still trying to get rid of me.  :lol:

There's talk of moving to Florida.   :tounge:

So, you're Seinfeld?

:lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Psilos on March 26, 2009, 11:10:17 PM
So, you're Seinfeld?

:lol:

No, that would make him George... which means I wouldn't count on them stay in Florida for very long.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Laconian

Quote from: TurboDan on March 27, 2009, 12:43:05 AM
LOL.  Nah, they're not moving to Del Boca Vista any time soon.  My family owned a condo in Florida for a long time and didn't use it too much, so the 'rents sold it off during the peak of the real estate bubble.  (Good move, huh?)  They already own three homes in NJ, so they don't feel like taking a fourth on again, so their plan is to rent for a couple months every winter either in either Clearwater or the Keys.  My Dad loves fishing, so Islamorada looks like it will be the place - beautiful charter boat fleet there.  I can't wait to go down and visit.
The tarpons gobbled my arm on Islamorada!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Rupert

Quote from: NACar on March 26, 2009, 11:21:39 PM
No, that would make him George... which means I wouldn't count on them stay in Florida for very long.

Seinfeld's parents began the series (well, when they first showed up) living in NYC, and then moved to Florida. At some later time, George's parents moved there and then back.

TurboDan

Quote from: Laconian on March 27, 2009, 12:45:20 AM
The tarpons gobbled my arm on Islamorada!

Haha, I went tarpon fishing for the first time in 2003.  Cool fish to catch, almost like the southern version of bluefish, though.  Not good table fare, so everybody lets them go.  When I'm in FL, I like heading out for grouper or mahi-mahi.  Mahi is my favorite fish to battle - even more than tuna - and we can only catch them for about two months off NJ.  So catching them in FL or Mexico in the spring is a treat!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Psilos on March 27, 2009, 12:48:11 AM
Seinfeld's parents began the series (well, when they first showed up) living in NYC, and then moved to Florida. At some later time, George's parents moved there and then back.

Seinfeld didn't live with is parents; he always had his own apartment.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Tave

Nick is correct. Morty and Helen first appeared in S1E2, The Stakeout. They come from Florida to stay at Jerry's apartment because there's a wedding in the city.

Psilos is thinking of The Shower Head, where Morty and Hellen move into Jerry's apartment temporarily after the residents at the condo impeach Morty (The Cadillac I&II)
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Rupert

Quote from: Tave on March 27, 2009, 10:15:30 AM
Nick is correct. Morty and Helen first appeared in S1E2, The Stakeout. They come from Florida to stay at Jerry's apartment because there's a wedding in the city.

Psilos is thinking of The Shower Head, where Morty and Hellen move into Jerry's apartment temporarily after the residents at the condo impeach Morty (The Cadillac I&II)

Oh, I thought they moved to Florida in the first season or two. I never said they lived with Jerry, though, but Dan's parents don't live with him, either. :lol:

Laconian

You guys would love talking with my cousin. He's a bastion of Seinfeld trivia.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

BENZ BOY15

Enough about Seinfeld.

An update:

It's going to be a while until we get it resolved. My dad sent in the "change of driver" form or whatever and we haven't heard back.

ha

TurboDan

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on April 04, 2009, 10:08:41 PM
Enough about Seinfeld.

An update:

It's going to be a while until we get it resolved. My dad sent in the "change of driver" form or whatever and we haven't heard back.

ha

Whats the difference who was driving?  The fine is the same.

Tave

Quote from: TurboDan on April 05, 2009, 12:31:40 AM
Whats the difference who was driving? 

Camera systems send the ticket to the owner of the vehicle, and then they have the option of either claiming it or identifying the person who was driving. Benz's dad doesn't want to pay for his son's stupidity.

In America, we ticket the driver of the car. Other countries (I believe Canada?) ticket the car.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

dazzleman

Quote from: Tave on April 05, 2009, 07:14:39 AM
Camera systems send the ticket to the owner of the vehicle, and then they have the option of either claiming it or identifying the person who was driving. Benz's dad doesn't want to pay for his son's stupidity.

In America, we ticket the driver of the car. Other countries (I believe Canada?) ticket the car.

Hah, BenzBoy's dad is ratting out his son.  Good for him..... :lol:

Not that it makes much difference in the end.  The camera tickets don't lead to points, and dad will probably end up paying the fine anyway, whatever he says.

dazzleman

Quote from: TurboDan on March 27, 2009, 12:38:42 AM
Ha, I don't live with them.  I live about 5 minutes away, however, and am at my house promptly for dinner just about every night.  :praise: So I suppose I'm more like Raymond than Seinfeld, specifically.  Haha.

Basically, I really love the area I grew up in and still live there.  Nothing beats the Jersey Shore - it's SoCal with a few months of cold weather.  ;) Since I started the magazine, I have a home office so it's nice to be so close to my family.  I really enjoy it, actually.

You're just missing the bitchy wife..... :lol:

BENZ BOY15

Guess what Dazzle....I am actually going to D.C....but in the fall.

dazzleman

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on April 10, 2009, 02:19:26 PM
Guess what Dazzle....I am actually going to D.C....but in the fall.

What about school?  Are you transferring, or skipping a semester?

BENZ BOY15

I'm skipping a quarter, but I'm ahead in credits and I get some credit while doing the internship.

dazzleman

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on April 10, 2009, 03:47:12 PM
I'm skipping a quarter, but I'm ahead in credits and I get some credit while doing the internship.

Great.  It should be a really good experience, and it will be beneficial to get into some new environments.  You'll learn a lot.

Rupert