Hand-over-hand
7 (38.9%)
Shuffle (push-pull)
8 (44.4%)
Fixed hand
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Byteme

With my hands generally.  Except when I'm trying to do something else that requires the use of both hands like folding a map or juggling a sandwich and a drink, then I steer with a knee.

Shuffle, hand over hand, whatever.  It depends on the car and the circumstance.

S204STi

Quote from: FoMoJo on March 23, 2009, 01:06:23 PM
I may have exagerated :huh:.  It was more like a half turn.  However, for a full-size car with no power steering, the steering ratio was pretty high.  As well, the wheel was huge and a spinner came in handy.  Now I, usually, just stick my finger where the wheel and spoke connect if I have to rotate it more than a half turn.

My bro's hearse is like that.  Steers like a boat (i.e. lots of input before a response).

Tave

Quote from: NomisR on March 23, 2009, 12:28:15 PM
Gangsta Lean with the wrist on top of the steering wheel!

Either that or I drive with my knees

Ha! I admit to a little knee-driving once in awhile.  :rockon:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Tave on March 27, 2009, 10:02:39 AM

It's fun to knee-steer when you're trying to shift at the same time.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

NomisR

Quote from: NACar on March 27, 2009, 10:09:30 AM
It's fun to knee-steer when you're trying to shift at the same time.

Rev matching is your friend. 

MrH

My shift and eat, or shift and talk on the phone skills are top notch.  I steer and shift with my right hand only, and hold the phone with my left.  I can't shift while turning, but race cars don't do it anyways.

I just let go of the wheel for a second, shift, then grab it again.  Good thing I don't need an alignment :praise:.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

TBR

Quote from: Tave on March 27, 2009, 10:02:39 AM

The Prelude is excellent for this. Of course then if anyone else drives it they typically adjust the tilt all the way up (fatasses  :rage:) so that can be quite a shock if I don't notice that prior to knee steering.

In tight quarters I palm and spin with my right hand. One the highway I one hand it, with my left hand between the left side spokes or with my right hand towards the bottom of the wheel. In regular city driving, I generally start with a fixed right hand (guiding the wheel with my left, don't know what that does but it feels cool :tounge:) and then, if need be, wrap it up with a palm-spin.

Laconian

I like to drive casually at 7 and 4, between the gaps on my 4 spoke steering wheel. Driving fast or in bad weather,, 10 and 2. Never with my knee.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

TBR

Quote from: Laconian on March 27, 2009, 05:37:30 PM
I like to drive casually at 7 and 4, between the gaps on my 4 spoke steering wheel. Driving fast or in bad weather,, 10 and 2. Never with my knee.

Don't judge me.  :rage:

I do two hand it in bad weather, I hate drive in rain, especially at night.

NomisR

I use my telekenetic abilities to control the car in bad weathers :praise: