Official photos and info: 2010 Legacy

Started by ifcar, March 31, 2009, 08:28:11 AM

TBR

Quote from: GoCougs on April 14, 2009, 11:39:57 PM
Much like the current car, the 2010 Legacy GT looks just like the standard car save for a hood scoop (more pics here):

I'm still disappointed in the styling, but Subaru maintains that pricing will actually drop a bit; so that means 265 hp, AWD and 6sp MT for well less than $30k - give me a no frills GT with cloth interior for ~$27k pretty please.

I wouldn't cross your fingers for a no frills GT version.

GoCougs

Quote from: TBR on April 15, 2009, 03:28:07 PM
I wouldn't cross your fingers for a no frills GT version.

They did it in '05 - '07 with both the Legacy GT and Outback XT - cloth interiors and no sunroof. But even then the "Limited" package was only a ~$2k upcharge - meaning, the '10 Legacy GT Limited should still be under $30k base MSRP. I simply don't like leather nor sunroof, but will suffer them if need be.

GoCougs

Awesome. The decontended Legacy GT will indeed return in 2010 as the "Premium;" no leather and no sunroof and probably less a few other goodies, for a base MSRP of $27,995.

The GT Limited will live on with a base MSRP of $29,995.

Even cooler is that neither model will be available with AT; 6sp MT only, baby!

S204STi

Quote from: GoCougs on May 07, 2009, 12:32:44 PM
Awesome. The decontended Legacy GT will indeed return in 2010 as the "Premium;" no leather and no sunroof and probably less a few other goodies, for a base MSRP of $27,995.

Wow, this is good news!  Now if only that 6spd would filter down into everything Subaru builds...

GoCougs

Quote from: R-inge on May 07, 2009, 01:30:40 PM
Wow, this is good news!  Now if only that 6spd would filter down into everything Subaru builds...

Interestingly enough per Subaru's website at least both the '10 Legacy and '10 Outback get 6sp MT with the 4 cylinder...

The Pirate

Quote from: GoCougs on May 07, 2009, 12:32:44 PM

Accord replacement? 
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

GoCougs

Quote from: The Pirate on May 07, 2009, 07:10:37 PM
Accord replacement? 

Pretty much - the 'Cord is about to hit 100k, and my fear is that the AT will go (though no problems yet)...

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on May 07, 2009, 01:30:40 PM

Well, I'm sure the hideous styling will, if that's any consolation.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

S204STi

Quote from: Raza  on May 08, 2009, 04:41:15 PM
Well, I'm sure the hideous styling will, if that's any consolation.

I look forward to seeing what sort of stylistic abortion Subaru comes out with next.

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on May 08, 2009, 05:27:37 PM
I look forward to seeing what sort of stylistic abortion Subaru comes out with next.

Actual abortions are more fun. 

Although, I can't wait to see the Tribeca replacement. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

All I want is the diesel boxer to come out sometime before I die.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Atomic

i actually like it. i am still driving maximas but am spending more time in nys than in fl. the awd/4wd is very appealing to me. now the car appears a lot sportier. i like that. it is more mazda6-like than honda accord/toyota camry-esq. not a bad thing for many drivers wanting something a bit more expressive.

Alan

Quote from: Atomic on May 09, 2009, 05:37:52 AM
i actually like it. i am still driving maximas but am spending more time in nys than in fl. the awd/4wd is very appealing to me. now the car appears a lot sportier. i like that. it is more mazda6-like than honda accord/toyota camry-esq. not a bad thing for many drivers wanting something a bit more expressive.
Really?  I think it looks more "mom's car" than the 09.  :(

nickdrinkwater

I wonder if they're replacing the Legacy here too....it's been around a while but only recently they gave it a new diesel engine.  But it's very much a niche model so I wonder if it even warrants replacement.  For instance, Mitsubishi didn't bother replacing the Galant here.

ifcar

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on May 10, 2009, 08:44:16 AM
I wonder if they're replacing the Legacy here too....it's been around a while but only recently they gave it a new diesel engine.  But it's very much a niche model so I wonder if it even warrants replacement.  For instance, Mitsubishi didn't bother replacing the Galant here.

Trade you the Galant for the Colt or Grandis.

MX793

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on May 10, 2009, 08:44:16 AM

When was your last new Galant?  I don't think ours has gotten more than a facelift in 6 years.  If you guys still have the one from the late 90s (the generation before the current one sold in the US), then I think you've actually got the better deal.  The previous generation was a much nicer looking car, IMO.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

ifcar

Quote from: MX793 on May 10, 2009, 08:58:11 AM
When was your last new Galant?  I don't think ours has gotten more than a facelift in 6 years.  If you guys still have the one from the late 90s (the generation before the current one sold in the US), then I think you've actually got the better deal.  The previous generation was a much nicer looking car, IMO.

The Mitsubishi UK website shows them just not having any midsize car.

nickdrinkwater

We don't have any Galant here any more AFAIK.  I think they stopped doing it here in the early 2000s.  They did a nice VR4 model ( think that was the name).  I like the wagon version especially!
I guess Mitsubishi is more of a niche brand here so they didn't bother replacing it.

This is the one I mean:

MX793

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on May 10, 2009, 09:32:20 AM
We don't have any Galant here any more AFAIK.  I think they stopped doing it here in the early 2000s.  They did a nice VR4 model ( think that was the name).  I like the wagon version especially!
I guess Mitsubishi is more of a niche brand here so they didn't bother replacing it.

This is the one I mean:

IIRC, the next generation showed up in 2002 or 2003, so they apparently just ended it for you guys when the next gen came out.  I thought that perhaps they were still producing and selling that model (IMO a very sharp looking car).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

S204STi

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on May 10, 2009, 09:32:20 AM

This is the one I mean:

You limeys get all the cool cars. :rage:

ifcar